Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

The GearFest thread

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Dave, I'll be praying for your surgery and recovery to go well.

Oh - to stay on topic - Gearfest would be nice, but I'm a bit too far way for that trip.

Howard Grand|Hamm SK1-73|Kurz PC2|PC2X|PC3|PC3X|PC361; QSC K10's

HP DAW|Epi Les Paul & LP 5-str bass|iPad mini2

"Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen."

Jim

I have a perfect attendance record for GearFest, and am not about to mess that up :)

Dave, I'll look over the show for you, and spread the word about "MusicPlayer Reloaded." You're pretty durable, I'm sure your shoulder will heal up just fine.

I'll be doing two workshops, Modern Songwriting Workflow (3:45 Friday), and Create Compelling Mixes (2:00 PM Saturday). I have to say I'm REALLY proud of both of them, I hope some of the Musicplayer denizens can drop by.

For more info on the workshops, click on https://www.sweetwater.com/gearfest/workshops and as a bonus, you'll also see a funny-looking person giving a seminar.

I'll be there Friday through Saturday, mid-afternoon. Party at Moe's sounds awesome! :keynana:

'Someday, we'll look back on these days and laugh; likely a maniacal laugh from our padded cells, but a laugh nonetheless' - Mr. Boffo.

We need a barfing cat emoticon!

I'll be there with my better half both Friday and Saturday this year. :cool: I came last year as a "bucket list" adventure, and enjoyed it so much I decided to make it an annual trip! Looking forward to seeing a few new and/or familiar KC brethren there. :cheers:

><>

Steve

I'll be there with my better half both Friday and Saturday this year. :cool: I came last year as a "bucket list" adventure, and enjoyed it so much I decided to make it an annual trip! Looking forward to seeing a few new and/or familiar KC brethren there. :cheers:

We had a great time last year, didn't we. I need to pass this year, will miss all of you.

:nopity:

We had a great time last year, didn't we. I need to pass this year, will miss all of you.

Sorry that I will miss you this year, brother Dave . I had a great time meeting you at AES in 2018. I will be at Gearfest this Saturday only.

----------------------------------------------------------

Gig: Yamaha MODX7, NumaX 73 Piano  Studio: Kawai ES-920; Hammond SK Pro 73; Yamaha Motif ES7 w/DX,VL,VH; Yamaha YC 73; Kawai MP-6; Numa Compact 2x

For the first time ever since they started having Gearfest, I will not be there. :facepalm:

I'm having shoulder surgery in two weeks. Not able to do a show at the moment, and my travel is restricted.

dB

Dave,

Sending prayers, healing intention for a COMPLETE recovery from your shoulder procedure!

Many thanks always for all you do!

Best,

Jim K

"I have constantly tried to deliver only products which withstand the closest scrutiny � products which prove themselves superior in every respect.�

Robert Bosch, 1919

I will be there Friday afternoon/evening and most of the day Saturday.

@AE: You know we'll bump into each other. We always do. If not I'll text you.

@dB: I hope your shoulder gets all fixed up real nice. I will miss our animated conversations. ;)

@Craig: I hope to get a chance to say Hi, Maestro. I was reading your stuff way back in the '80's.

@Moe: If that beast has AC, I'm there.

@MM: Looked for you last year at the booth, but kept missing you. Hope to see you this time.

@MC, RAB, Storm, Buck, Star: Hope to meet all you guys.

Seriously this is a lot of KC'ers this year. Let's throw around some meet-up times and have a get-together!

Hit me in PM and I'll shoot you my cell/txt number.

~ vonnor

Gear:

Hardware: Nord Stage3, Korg Kronos 2, Novation Summit

Software: Cantabile 3, Halion Sonic 3 and assorted VST plug-ins.

Sorry that I will miss you this year, brother Dave . I had a great time meeting you at AES in 2018.

yeah, Ron. Was cool in NYC, albeit too short. If Ft. Wayne wasn't 550 miles away from the swamp I would get there more often.

:facepalm:

Hopefully we can catch up somewhere else sooner than later. Enjoy. :thu:

:nopity:

Update: I haven't made any concrete plans yet about what I want to attend, being a lazy bastard. I'll be prepping the coach tomorrow and driving all day Thursday, but I have a general idea that there might be a cocktail hour at the coach some time Friday and Saturday.

If people want to contact me during the fest, it's better that I have your number in my phone ahead of time. I get at least 10 spam calls a day and never answer unknown numbers with strange area codes.

Maybe PM me your actual name, screen name and cell number and we can exchange info.

I'll probably identify my RV with a window sign. Maybe KCGF (Keyboard Corner GearFest). :D

Or Moe's Tavern...

Moe

---

I've had PMs from a couple people. Anyone else want to exchange numbers?

I might bring my organ controller (single manual is all that will fit in the RV) for people to see if anyone is interested.

PM Sent.

'Someday, we'll look back on these days and laugh; likely a maniacal laugh from our padded cells, but a laugh nonetheless' - Mr. Boffo.

We need a barfing cat emoticon!

I'm texting with sax player Bill Evans who just informed me he's playing a 15 minute set at Gearfest tomorrow with Dennis Chambers and Gary Grainger the rhythm section team I played with when I was doing the gig with John Scofield back in the 80s. Blink and you'll miss some very serious playing! He told me it's for DPA microphones. Wish I could be there!