Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

First thread on the new forum!

Yo, I made it in!!

Just back from a 6pm gig in San Jose.

Bass player was over an hour late for downbeat. Show must go on.

Dial up the synth bass on the Nord Wave and kick the entire first set LH bass. Set included the Tim Akers and the Smoking Section version of Uptown Funk.

Earning my money...

Who's made it back to the new forum?

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm glad you went with the leather interior rather than cloth. Fit and finish is excellent and the doors close with a satisfying thwunk. Let's take her out for a spin, shall we?

9 Moog things, 3 Roland things, 2 Hammond things and a computer with stuff on it

Yo, I made it in!!

Dial up the synth bass on the Nord Wave and kick the entire first set LH bass. Set included the Tim Akers and the Smoking Section version of Uptown Funk.

Earning my money...

Yo, I made it in!!

Earning my money...

Yo, I made it in!!

Earning my money...

Yo, I made it in!!

Earning my money...

Yo, I made it in!!

Earning my money...

Yo, I made it in!!

Earning my money...

I pressed 'Quote' button and got a no-response. Pressed Reply and got this - i see a repeat of your post 3 or 4 times above this ... we"ll see when i post what comes up. New Forum page otherwise looks great, thanks to the hard working underpaid public servants who make or discretionary time easier and easier to just completely waste on Internet forums :)

My story last night was opposite. My daughter had her culminating dance studio showcase performances yesterday and show 3 was the one which she had the most major parts. So i told my band to switch with the other band so we go on last - no problem, all set. I got a bit delayed getting out of the dance show, but still plenty of time and I drive over to my venue. Get to the last traffic light before the parking long and its only 10:10 and first band usually doesn"t clear stage until 10:30. My BL calls me 'uh hey Dave, how ya doing? We were wondering if you want to come jam with us tonight, the band is sorta freaking out'. First i try to jest 'we have a show?' But he just laughs as we already exchanged texts on final set list earlier that same day. So i give that line up quickly, and say well sure, would love to jam. what time are you thinking of playing?

He replies 'Well, the first band has already cleared and we are almost set up. Band is freaking a lil bit'. I pull up in 2 minutes and walk in with my keyboard gig backpack and stand and cords bag, and i see the drummer isn"t really done setting up - so its good. I take a moderate but not frantic pace and set up 1 minute before sound guy is ready for my check. Literally the best-timed arrival for a gig in my entire life. Show was fun ...

Today is dance showcase #4 and #5, #4 featuring our daddy daughter hip hop dance - a much bigger deal than last nights show. Great day to be alive and kicking!

The baiting I do is purely for entertainment value. Please feel free to ignore it.