Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Has anyone adjusted TP/100LR?

I know, action schmaction.

I have an SL88 Studio which I very much like for a lot of reasons, but am finding the action a bit tiresome on my fingers.

It's nothing like a grand, but not really thunky like the last Roland I had, and a tad lighter than my old CP4. Most Seven, Keylab 88, Dexibell, and other owners of keyboards with this action seem more than satisfied, and in some instances downright rave about it.

I was wondering about the actual weighting aspect that I'm finding difficult to warm up to, so I bought (and am in the process of sending back) an LX88+ (quality control issues). And I do like the triple sensor which is much, much more nuanced than the semi-weighted Nektar. I haven't yet seen another weighted controller that I like more than the SL88, so now I'm just wondering out loud if anyone here has opened up a board with a TP/100LR action and has changed out the springs, weights (if there are any) or adjusted any mechanism to their liking. I'd like to have something in-between a semi-weighted and what I have.

I'm not wanting to get into another DP, although I just loved the feel of the P515, and I'm sure someone will chime in to say the new Casios are, like, the best ever... but I'm really looking to avoid the latest & greatest DPs and concentrate on Virtuals going forward.

Your kind help or further guidance would be appreciated!

:D

Here for the gear.

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I do like the triple sensor

Can you actually get the specific 3rd-sensor behavior out of it, i.e. without depressing the pedal, strike a key, and lift it high enough that you can restrike the same note without having to lift it so high as to silence it first? I ask because that behavior is surprisingly not exhibited in this video...

[video:youtube]

Maybe this is the best place for a shameless plug! Our now not-so-new new video at https://youtu.be/3ZRC3b4p4EI is a 40 minute adaptation of T. S. Eliot's "Prufrock" - check it out! And hopefully I'll have something new here this year. ;-)

Great question! I'm just going with the nuances I'm able to get when I play, and assumed that's what was happening.

Thanks for the video Scott. I may take a stab at this.

See you on the other side of KC.

Here for the gear.