Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Concert Review Domi Degalle, JD Beck and CHON

Domi and JD Beck warmed up with a too short 40 ish minute set. I missed the first song because the venue was kind of overwhelmed by the crowd and the line. I think the venue held 550 and it seemed to be near capacity of mostly young people who stood all night and were totally into both groups. On a sunday no less.

Anyway, Domi and JD are enfant terribles of music. I think their combined ages might be 35. She's 19 or 20 and he's 15 or 16. Their playing is far far far beyond their ages. She was selling T-shirts by herself off the floor of the venue at the end...This girl is an unreal talent. Just go see her play. Now before you have to pay 150 for a balcony seat to see her.

The headliner, CHON, is an all instrumental alt/math rockish group that, even though there's no keyboardist, keyboardists could really enjoy. They were every bit as clean live as they are in their youtube clips. They really sounded amazing. I include different live clips of both acts below.

Seriously one of the best shows I've seen in a long time. I may have been the oldest person there (55). Tons of young people so into it, even crowd surfing. Gave me a faith in the future of instrumental music.

[video:youtube]

You want me to start this song too slow or too fast?

Forte7, Nord Stage 3, XK3c, OB-6, Arturia Collection, Mainstage, MotionSound KBR3D. A bunch of MusicMan Guitars, Line6 stuff

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So, I'm going to boost my own post because:

1. I can't believe that no one has any love for dOMI (or Domi or DOMI or whatever she's calling herself this week). I mean the talent at that age is unreal.

2. The Sesame street tiny desk concert got 4 replies...and that makes me worry about the state of the world.

3. This was really a super show. When I say it was one of the best I've ever stumbled into, I'm not kidding. It was infinitely better than Grover and Big Bird.

You want me to start this song too slow or too fast?

Forte7, Nord Stage 3, XK3c, OB-6, Arturia Collection, Mainstage, MotionSound KBR3D. A bunch of MusicMan Guitars, Line6 stuff

Sesame Street OP checking in! :wave:

They are MESSED UP! That's all I'm gonna say, there ain't much else lol.

While I haven't listened to much CHON, I have several metalhead friends who swear by them. A drummer friend ended up living with those guys after moving to LA for his Masters. Small world.