Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Nord Stage 3 �Pitch Stick Calibration Error� on Startup

Just started getting this message on startup. Havent changed anything recently, just turned it on and there it is. Now the synth section overall pitch just drifts randomly, usually 1 or 2 semitones flat or so. Went to the Nord User forums, Im not alone, and its been reported across several OS versions. Ive since emailed Clavia through their website, and Im waiting for an answer. Just wondering if anyone here has experienced this. I use this board daily and the only temporary fix I have found is to keep re-booting. Every once in a while I get lucky and it boots without the error and then it seems to work. So far, anyway.

Edit. Even on the rare occasion it boots without the error, it works initially, and eventually goes off tune.

I would like to apologize to anyone I have not yet offended. Please be patient and I will get to you shortly.

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You could well be right, but its under warranty, so Im going to see what Clavia has to say before I open it up. Just wondering if anyone here has experienced this.
I would like to apologize to anyone I have not yet offended. Please be patient and I will get to you shortly.

Just started getting this message on startup. Havent changed anything recently, just turned it on and there it is. Now the synth section overall pitch just drifts randomly, usually 1 or 2 semitones flat or so. Went to the Nord User forums, Im not alone, and its been reported across several OS versions.

The connector can come loose on early models of the Stage 3; an official solution is offered that involves removing the connector and soldering the leads directly.

They added a check to the startup routine a couple of updates ago that I understand is designed to turn off the pitch stick assembly when a problem is determined and alert the user, to move them to get it fixed.

"The Angels of Libra are in the European vanguard of the [retro soul] movement" (Bill Buckley, Soul and Jazz and Funk)

The Drawbars | off jazz organ trio

Just started getting this message on startup. Havent changed anything recently, just turned it on and there it is. Now the synth section overall pitch just drifts randomly, usually 1 or 2 semitones flat or so. Went to the Nord User forums, Im not alone, and its been reported across several OS versions.

The connector can come loose on early models of the Stage 3; an official solution is offered that involves removing the connector and soldering the leads directly.

They added a check to the startup routine a couple of updates ago that I understand is designed to turn off the pitch stick assembly when a problem is determined and alert the user, to move them to get it fixed.

If that update disables the pitch stick, it may solve my problem of not being able to use the board, as I certainly dont need the pitch stick. I can always opt for a more permanent solution when convenient. Ill try the update today, thanks. Fingers crossed.

I installed the latest OS and yes, I still get the pitchstick error message but at least now, once I clear the error message, I am able to use the keyboard. Albeit without the pitchstick. I can live with that for now, but will make certain both Nord and the retailer where the board was purchased have a record that this was brought to their attention during the warranty period, and arrangements are made for repair at some point when I can be without the board. Thanks for the help.