Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Ciccolini was the master interpreter of Erik Satie

Pianist Aldo Ciccolini was a master interpreter of Erik Satie. Dig this cats rhythm.

This album is where I learned about rubato and behind the beat melody when I was in high school. What a lesson!

[video:youtube]

Find 660 of my jazz piano arrangements of standards for educational purposes and tutorials at www.Patreon.com/HarryLikas Harry was the Technical Editor of Mark Levine's "The Jazz Theory Book" and helped develop "The Jazz Piano Book."

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What a player!

He was incredible in all french music, as we grew up in France and took very seriously this repertoire

I vividly remember him many years ago performing the Saint Saens "Egyptian concert" in the Herodium theatre. As a big plus to his unbelievable pianistic performance I have to add his flashy floral shirt, where the orchestra and the conductor were all dressed up in tuxedos!

He was one of a kind

Be grateful for what you've got - a Nord, a laptop and two hands

Funny timing; I just listened yesterday to the Jacques Loussier Trio's Satie album. A very different approach to this one.

I first heard some of this music as backing for a teen suicide in a Made for TV movie many decades ago. It took a LONG time to remove that association from my mind.

Eugenio Upright, 60th Anniversary P-Bass, USA Geddy Lee J-Bass, Yamaha BBP35, D'angelico SS Bari, EXL1,

Select Strat, 70th Anniversary Esquire, LP 57, Eastman T486, T64, Ibanez PM2, Hammond XK4, Moog Voyager