Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Your Latest Purchase (music related)

Arrived today :love:

There's one small glitch with the case lid but I'm sure I'll be able to sort that out with Crumar as my experience has been great to date. About to write a review, will post a link in the Crumar Seven thread when it's done.

http://i.imgur.com/NCqWmFol.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/aDNVRoll.jpg

Pretty sweet action on that Crumar, ain't it nursers? :cool:

I played one at Gearfest last year. Ranks in the top 5 ever for me.

~ vonnor

Gear:

Hardware: Nord Stage3, Korg Kronos 2, Novation Summit

Software: Cantabile 3, Halion Sonic 3 and assorted VST plug-ins.

Pretty sweet action on that Crumar, ain't it nursers? :cool:

I played one at Gearfest last year. Ranks in the top 5 ever for me.

~ vonnor

Absolutely - a pleasure to play :)

Well, not exactly a "purchase" per se since it was free, but...

A Conn 465 Deluxe Caprice organ with a pair of Model 144 pipe speakers. Free, from the early '70s. Organ has some issues but it was worth it for the speakers (people like them), and that model of organ is supposed to be a good one to learn repair on. Heavy bugger though (solid walnut I believe), around 250 lbs, no handles or cutouts for carrying. :crazy: Has a good sound though compared to many of the small organs.

Conn-465-Deluxe-Caprice.jpg

IMG-0782.jpg

IMG-0781.jpg

Yamaha: Motif XF8, MODX7, YS200, CVP-305, CLP-130, YPG-235, PSR-295, PSS-470 | Roland: Fantom 7, JV-1000

Kurzweil: PC3-76, PC4 (88) | Hammond: SK Pro 73 | Korg: Triton LE 76, N1R, X5DR | Emu: Proteus/1 | Casio: CT-370 | Novation: Launchkey 37 MK3 | Technics: WSA1R

Former: Emu Proformance Plus & Mo'Phatt, Korg Krome 61, Roland Fantom XR & JV-1010, Yamaha MX61, Behringer CAT

Assorted electric & acoustic guitars and electric basses | Roland TD-17 KVX | Alesis SamplePad Pro | Assorted organs, accordions, other instruments

Well, for the first time ever...I left something at home I needed at the gig. No big deal: it was just my @#)($*&@#)(&*$#)@($& cable case. With my SPARE CABLES in it. (DOH)

So my latest musical purchase was $200 worth of midi and instrument cables, and 2 power strips an extension cord, and an iPad holder.

On the other hand,I did get a Sledge 2.0 in black last week. :D

Hitting "Play" does NOT constitute live performance. -Me.

I know I'm still a beginner (on piano) but really want a real acoustic piano, so I bought an old Wurlitzer console piano from local music store. It a blonde and has a cool funky sound and plays real nice. It was the piano the store owner played all the time and he'd use for student recitals, but not one for customers to beat on.

No one thought he would sell the piano, but he's one of these "everything is for sale" type and some woman was talking to him about buying. I alway liked the piano and the woman her husband started driving the store owner nuts with phone calls and questions on buying the piano, so I said I like it, I'll buy it if they don't. He said it's yours I'm tired of that woman's calls.

My motivation was partly from being a guitar player 40+ years and when I'd get an idea I could just pickup a guitar and try it. On my keyboard I have to turn it on and wait for it to boot, then turn on the amp and by then something else might of popped into my head. So with a acoustic piano I get an idea I and just sit and play it.

So looking forward to my Funky Blonde Wurlitzer acoustic piano.

Cool, Docbop (nice handle by the way...).

I grew up on a Wurlitzer spinet with a really light & fast action.

And yes, I always consider an acoustic piano to be alive and waiting, no boot up needed!

Behringer Deepmind 12!!! Unfortunately, I quickly realized I didn't want to keep it. Nothing wrong with the synth, I'm just spoiled by the immediacy and intuitiveness of Nord synths. It's back to whence it came.

Gear: Yamaha MODX8, Mojo 61, NS2 73, C. Bechstein baby grand.

Organ Grinder pedal and a Fender American Pro Jazz bass, natural finish.
Montage 7, Mojo 61, PC-3, XK-3c Pro, Kronos 88, Hammond SK-1, Motif XF- 7, Hammond SK-2, Roland FR-1, FR-18, Hammond B3 - Blond, Hammond BV -Cherry

Crucianelli accordion.

I suppose that, being a fan of Celtic and Italian music since childhood, this was inevitable.

But I can already sense there will be blowback from the wife. She typed the letter "A" into google and the word accordion came up. She asked me pointedly, "I hope you're not getting an accordion." After my best blank stare, she said, "Well, maybe it came up when I was searching for assisted living activity ideas." I neither confirmed nor denied.

Crucianelli accordion.

I suppose that, being a fan of Celtic and Italian music since childhood, this was inevitable.

But I can already sense there will be blowback from the wife. She typed the letter "A" into google and the word accordion came up. She asked me pointedly, "I hope you're not getting an accordion." After my best blank stare, she said, "Well, maybe it came up when I was searching for assisted living activity ideas." I neither confirmed nor denied.

:laugh:

Yamaha: Motif XF8, MODX7, YS200, CVP-305, CLP-130, YPG-235, PSR-295, PSS-470 | Roland: Fantom 7, JV-1000

Kurzweil: PC3-76, PC4 (88) | Hammond: SK Pro 73 | Korg: Triton LE 76, N1R, X5DR | Emu: Proteus/1 | Casio: CT-370 | Novation: Launchkey 37 MK3 | Technics: WSA1R

Former: Emu Proformance Plus & Mo'Phatt, Korg Krome 61, Roland Fantom XR & JV-1010, Yamaha MX61, Behringer CAT

Assorted electric & acoustic guitars and electric basses | Roland TD-17 KVX | Alesis SamplePad Pro | Assorted organs, accordions, other instruments

With a synth, I can at least use headphones.or tuck it away on a shelf when not in use. With this accordion, I suspect that the two options are "loud and louder." Good thing I haven't picked up any bagpipes, as that would really come in handy at my future funeral and estate sale.

With a synth, I can at least use headphones.or tuck it away on a shelf when not in use. With this accordion, I suspect that the two options are "loud and louder." Good thing I haven't picked up any bagpipes, as that would really come in handy at my future imminent funeral and estate sale.

Fixed that!

BTW, what reed sets and tuning for the accordion?

Let the bellows begin! In more ways than one.

Some specs from the seller:

Number of treble keys: 41

Number of bass keys:120

Register: 7 (clarinet, organ, bassoon, melodion, oboe, piccolo, MASTER)

3/5 Reed

As far as tuning goes, I guess it's fairly standard piano accordion type? I have a few things to learn about the subject.

• 1 month later...

My keytar's batteries -- mandatory AA NiMH 1.2V x 8 -- weren't lasting much over an hour, so it was time to invest in high capacity (but "only" 500 recharges) batteries:

http://www.airnetworking.com/Pictures/Batt3.jpg

So then I needed a charger. This one's made by Maha / Powerex and treats each cell individually:

http://www.airnetworking.com/Pictures/Batt1.jpg

...and it's not only on sale, but they threw in their own eneloop-like batteries for free:

http://www.airnetworking.com/Pictures/Batt2.jpg

-Tom Williams

{First Name} {at} AirNetworking {dot} com

PC4-7, PX-5S, AX-Edge, PC361

Viscount Legend EXP due to arrive Thurs (5/30). I have an unused Nord C1 in my studio which I plan to use as a controller. This makes it a poor man's Legend or Legend Live for the paltry sum of $795. The midi interface between the two should work out perfectly and the C1 already has Exp pedal and half-moon switch (which I can hook up directly or send through midi). I have a KeyB Duo Mk111 but it's in another room which makes it a PITA to record (I have to maintain two seperate recording systems and merge the files). I will now use the 'Frankenstein' in the studio. Hope it works as I envision it.

Legend Exp,NC2x,Crumar Seven,KeyB Duo MK111,Nord C1,Nord C2D,Triton Classic,Fantom G7,Motif ES,SonicCell,BK7m,PA1x pro,VP770,TC Helicon,Leslie 3300,MS Pro145,EV SXA250(2),Traynor K4,PK7a,A70,DM10 Pro.

I play acoustic grands too often, and DP/controller hammer actions are killin me. Ive tried out a Nektar LX88+ and was pleasantly surprised that its as well built and feels as good as it does. So ordered. Itll be great to have a semi-weighted 88 option to pair with my iPad multitimbral setup.

Here for the gear.

I got a Sonicware ELZ-1 recently. Interesting instrument. Lotta synthesis capabilities including 4-op FM, granular, a "DNA Explorer" engine that seems inspired by Synclavier's resynthesis technology and even 8-bit wave and "low bit" oscillators...and a somewhat unique approach to industrial design.

[video:youtube]

Battery powered/onboard speakers, so it's fun to move about the house with it.

dB

:snax:

:keys:==> David Bryce Music • Funky Young Monks <==:rawk:

Hammond female 6-pin connectors are probably okay for a fixed installation. For a gigging situation they eventually

loosen up and have to be replaced (no fun). I bought 5-pin versions of these EP series Amphenol loudspeaker

connectors. The solder cups can hold 12 ga wire, are rated 200V at 20A. Both male and female versions are available

from Mouser. EP-5-12 and EP-5-13P are the 5-pin versions of these.

http://www.amphenolaudio.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/07/ep-3-12.jpg

http://www.amphenolaudio.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/07/ep-3-13p.jpg

Just ordered a Motion Sound KP-612 S. Should have it on Wednesday. Havent got a new amp since their KP-500SN came out 10 years ago or so. Really hoping the digital technology will make the acoustic piano patches sing a bit more from my Nord Stage 3.

Last month I bought MonoPoly and Polysix Legacy Collection from Korgs website.
Yamaha MX49, Casio SK1/WK-7600, Korg Minilogue, Alesis SR-16, Casio CT-X3000, FL Studio, many VSTs, percussion, woodwinds, strings, and sound effects.

Just received a Korg nanoKontrol2 MIDI control surface as a birthday gift from my wife and son, along with a powered USB hub and mic stand clip. I'm planning to use it as a physical controller for some of my iPad apps, most notably Galileo Organ.

www.wjwcreative.com

www.linkedin.com/in/wjwilcox