Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

I have no faith with Behringer

Apologies for hijacking the thread.

Were looking for lots of passionate and experienced synth engineers (analog, digital, embedded, firmware and DSP). We currently got 4 teams and 30 engineers and will be expanding to around 100.

If anyone is interested please send your resume to Uli.behringer@musictribe.com. Thanks

Uli Behringer

Music Tribe

www.musictribe.com

www.twitter.com/UliBehringer

https://community.musictribe.com/

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It's funny to see UB essentially post a job-call here. I admire his spirit, and applaud the products, but checking a company-review site revealed one medium-positive review, followed by a long stream of very negative reviews -- including one which accused the single positive review of being a plant.

Well, it's no surprise that disgruntled ex-employees are more likely to bad-mouth their last job. But reading through those reviews reveals comment after comment of people who wanted to love it, and repeated complaints about hierarchy and inefficiency. It's one thing to read a bitchout vent, another to read constructive criticism by several sources, all pointing to the same issues.

I mention this because I was delighted to find that big B actually had a location near where I live; this is an exciting time for that company, and I was enticed by the idea of being part of it. But I notice that all those lamentations were written by people who were excited and enthusiastic about the potential products -- and then beaten down and dismayed by a top-heavy, distrustful, negative working environment.

The example which stood out for me was that you could not directly email a person in another department, but had to send your email to your dept head, who would then check and/or 'correct' your email, send it to the head of that dept, who would then dispatch your 'corrected' email to the intended recipient.

Well, we can certainly understand a need for company secrecy about proprietary issues. And perhaps there are details the complainers were not aware of. But this certainly suggests a kind of environment to take into consideration.

It's not the gear, it's the player ... but hey, look -- new gear!

I'm afraid I'm falling into the camp of those who have played a real CS-80, will one day demo the alleged B-80, snort and walk away in a purist huff. Oh, what a shame! My proggy little sensibilities have been bruised! :/

Bloody hell, I might like Behringer instruments better if not for all of the tacky hollering. If you like the sound, buy a unit or two and see how it goes. I rarely see a rig made up of just one maker's goods. Behringer's best moments have been their own: The DeepMind line and the Neutron. I'd like to see the DeepMind 24, with a slightly better display, less fiddly OS and three split zones. I'd be far more keen on that than another $#@! ARP Odyssey clone. My 1.5 cents.

"I want to be an intellectual, but I don't have the brainpower.
  The absent-mindedness, I've got that licked."
        ~ John Cleese

I would like to say that I love my VC-340, MS-101 and model D, they certinaly are great synths for the price and does give me some sort of guarantee that Behringer will get all these synths out.

Remember they are on a one manufacturer quest to reissue synths that no other volume manufacture will so we have to give them some praise for that (shoving some DSP in a tiny box with tiny controls and calling that a "reissue" does not roll with me!

At the end of the day I'd rather they released finished products than do what so many manufacturers do and release products before they are ready, whilst I am fine with additional features being added via software updates the should not be required to be able to actually use the product (something that unfortunately due to engineer error the MS-101 encountered).

Stuff: Roland:SH-201/U-110/S-330/TR-626/M-48 Akai: miniAK/S6000 Yamaha:DX9/HS8/xs7 Korg:05R/W/AX10G Alesis: Vortex MK1 CME: UF70 classic V2/WIDI Behringer: DSP2024Px2/UMC204HD/101/340/D/03/8 ESI:1010e

I wouldn't discount the value of early communication with the customer base. Potential users have the opportunity to offer feedback at a stage when it can feasibly be implemented in the final product. I think most people have no clue how long it really takes to get a product to market.

Dan

Acoustic/Electric stringed instruments ranging from 4 to 230 strings, hammered, picked, fingered, slapped, and plucked. Analog and Digital Electronic instruments, reeds, and throat/mouth.

Thank you for the feedback. Please allow me to respond to some of your points.

We believe in open innovation and collaboration with our customers and thats why we engage with customers early on, share designs and ask for opinions. In fact some of the most successful products in our 30 year history have been heavily influenced by our customers such as the X32. Especially when it comes to synths or musical instruments design choices are not straight forward anymore. As you can experience on multiple forums, people do appreciate the ability to communicate and collaborate with a manufacturer early on while development cycles do take around 1-2 years depending on complexity.

We at Music Tribe believe in total open communication - not only with the customers, but also within the company. Collaborative problem solving is something we feel very passionate about.

Many of our German or UK engineering team members have been with us for over 20 years. If you like to speak to any of our teams feel free to drop me a PM and Ill connect you to them or you contact them directly on social media. If you are interested in a position, this will help you understand the culture and purpose of our organization.

Uli

Uli Behringer

Music Tribe

www.musictribe.com

www.twitter.com/UliBehringer

https://community.musictribe.com/

It occurs to me that with modern, digital synthesizers, many lies begin with the four words "Future software releases will..."

Amen!

Everything old is new again:

$T2eC16V,!yUE9s6NEm!rBRwzGeELk!~~60_57.JPG

"Remember... your DPM 3 will never be obsolete!" :snax:

This product and the horrible lies that came with it was what made me hate Peavey.