Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Should there be a "World Series " match for bands/musicians?

After all, its about being #1 , isn't it ?

Like the best rock band in the world, best drummer, best vocalist in the world ?

Should there be some kind of contest, where drummers out pound the skins for the #1 title

Then younger generations would know who is ' best'.

Our world would be so much simpler if there was some kind of final mud wrestling, or similar arm strength match

From this, we could 'progress' to ' best pizza maker ' or best hamburger chef in the world.

I can see the possibilities.

:D

[ sort of most lame post topic of the day ]

Why fit in, when you were born to stand out ?

My Soundcloud with many originals:

[70's Songwriter]

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Who's Next is the best rock and roll album ever.

There, I just saved you a lot of time.

thats a big help !

But what about best keyboard of all time ? ? ?

[70's Songwriter]

American Idol? Or American Idle for bands that cant get enough gigs.

I tried to get on that show. Is there an age ceiling ?? I am 66.

They patted me on the back and told me I needed my nap ;)

[70's Songwriter]

There was a TV program called Showcase "68. I think the Chambers Brothers won that one. Here is the roster of acts that appeared.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt1264046/fullcredits?ref_=tt_cl_sm#cast

C3/122, M102A, Vox V301H, Farfisa Compact, Gibson G101, GEM P, RMI 300A, Piano Bass, Pianet , Prophet 5 rev. 2, Pro-One, Matrix 12, OB8, Korg MS20, Jupiter 6, Juno 60, PX-5S, Nord Stage 3 Compact

[

But what about best keyboard of all time ? ? ?

Nord something-or-other. (I forget which)

I heard thats the best red keyboard of all time.

I think more research is involved

Will try Facebook if no one can help me further ;)

[70's Songwriter]

Should there be some kind of contest, where drummers out pound the skins for the #1 title

Then younger generations would know who is ' best'.

This guy. This guy is best. The Interwebz says so.

[video:youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RXLPveilqo8

Must be true.

But they did not ask my opinion. I would say he is best ' dance while sitting ' drummer of all time.

[70's Songwriter]

No.

Isn't there a favorite soccer or rugby team in your country ?

I seem to recall there is some contest to be worlds best

;)

[70's Songwriter]

Not a huge fan of music and art as a competition. But wed probably come up with a great line up for this event - and most of them would say no to doing it. But these shows are great for exposure and showcase of unknown groups.

Yamaha CP88, Casio PX-560

Ooooooooooooooh......I want to win music so bad, I can taste it! Gonna start practicing harder, tomorrow.....

The pressure is on ! Who will be #1 ????

;)

[70's Songwriter]

I assume most other cities have the annual readers poll? For us it's the Riverfront times. It's fun to see who manages to get what. Not usually worth anything other than in you advertising you can put something like "voted best cover band of 2018".

Dan

Acoustic/Electric stringed instruments ranging from 4 to 230 strings, hammered, picked, fingered, slapped, and plucked. Analog and Digital Electronic instruments, reeds, and throat/mouth.

Ooooooooooooooh......I want to win music so bad, I can taste it! Gonna start practicing harder, tomorrow.....

;)

"#1," BAH! :tired: I like what Todd Rundgren once said of fame: "You can be this week's Jesus and next week, nobody knows your name." Fame should never be a $#@! GOAL, only a side effect.

"I want to be an intellectual, but I don't have the brainpower.
  The absent-mindedness, I've got that licked."
        ~ John Cleese

The closest "world" competition ATM would be Eurovision, which due to the long relationship established by a local TV network showing it live here, has also included Australia for several years. If we win, and we have come close, then we have to pick euro country to host the following year's competition.

That will require some difficult diplomacy given our long association with Britain and France, one of our cities having the second largest Greek population outside Athens, and the current Queen of Denmark being an Aussie.

A misguided plumber attempting to entertain | MainStage 3 | Axiom 61 2nd Gen | Pianoteq | B5 | XK3c | EV ZLX 12P

I would like a music Olympics. Many categories, from different countries, for days on end.

Gold , Silver and Bronze. Hiromi wins a Gold for Japan. Monty Alexander takes a Gold for Jamaica.

Find 660 of my jazz piano arrangements of standards for educational purposes and tutorials at www.Patreon.com/HarryLikas Harry was the Technical Editor of Mark Levine's "The Jazz Theory Book" and helped develop "The Jazz Piano Book."

[quot

;)

"#1," BAH! :tired: I like what Todd Rundgren once said of fame: "You can be this week's Jesus and next week, nobody knows your name." Fame should never be a $#@! GOAL, only a side effect.

honestly, isn't anyone a tad bit competitive about music ?

afterall, we have folks that assert Billy Joel is ' better ' than Elton John,

Thus the need for a World Series type competition of death metal bands, or rock guitar players or athletic keyboardists ;)

[70's Songwriter]

If you believe music should be a competitive sport, give up & get a day job.

I think you are right, Steve. Nobody will hire me for a day job. So I said f^&% 'em. And I retired 3 years ago.

What about competition in other life pursuits ? Surely , you experienced that.

[70's Songwriter]

I would like a music Olympics. Many categories, from different countries, for days on end.

Gold , Silver and Bronze. Hiromi wins a Gold for Japan. Monty Alexander takes a Gold for Jamaica.

I think you have the right idea.

What about a Roman death Match ? like the gladiators competing until their last breath ?

We can have piano players playing arpeggios for days, until everyone falls asleep, except for the last man. or woman.

[70's Songwriter]

Nah, just play pieces like in a recital and have judges score. They do it all the time in classical competitions. Nothing novel about it. Isn't there "Battle of The Bands" already out there? There's a Thelonious Monk Competition in jazz. Downbeat gives awards in all categories each year.

Find 660 of my jazz piano arrangements of standards for educational purposes and tutorials at www.Patreon.com/HarryLikas Harry was the Technical Editor of Mark Levine's "The Jazz Theory Book" and helped develop "The Jazz Piano Book."

Nah, just play pieces like in a recital and have judges score. They do it all the time in classical competitions. Nothing novel about it. Isn't there "Battle of The Bands" already out there? There's a Thelonious Monk Competition in jazz. Downbeat gives awards in all categories each year.

what ? Battle of the Bands ?

Best Jazz album of the year by Downbeat ?

Competition. I had a feeling it was out there ;)

[70's Songwriter]

How about a contest for "hardest chord to remember", such as C13#5b9 (raise the 5th, lower the 9th), or C E G# Bb Db A, immediately followed by a C13#9, (C E G Bb D# A) then a C13sus4 (C F G Bb D A), in close order. Try them! It makes a nice progression.

Yamaha U1 Upright, Roland Fantom 8, Nord Stage 4 HA73, Nord Wave 2, Korg Nautilus 73, Viscount Legend Live, Lots of Mainstage/VST Libraries

How about a contest for "hardest chord to remember", such as C13#5b9 (raise the 5th, lower the 9th), or C E G# Bb Db A, immediately followed by a C13#9, (C E G Bb D# A) then a C13sus4 (C F G Bb D A), in close order. Try them! It makes a nice progression.

Good idea ! lov chords. I will try that set. And maybe a new song will erupt ;)

[70's Songwriter]

No.

Isn't there a favorite soccer or rugby team in your country ?

I seem to recall there is some contest to be worlds best

;)

I love competitive sport and am a football coach.

The question, as I understood it, was about music.