Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Pearl City Guitar Center.

Life has changed we now have a GC in Pearl City. Some how I missed it until today. Now I can try what ever I want when ever I want. I don't read the paper or watch the news and except for school I haven't to Honolulu in about 2 months, so I completely missed the opening till it just showed up in my inbox.
Jenny S.

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

We had a new huge Guitar Center open up last year in Daytona Beach. They can be useful. I found a great guitar tech there that serviced 3 of my guitars recently and while I was there I tried out and bought a new Epi ES-335 vintage sunburst on sale for $379. Next week they were back up to $499.
"Let me stand next to your fire!", Jimi Hendrix

Life has changed we now have a GC in Pearl City. Some how I missed it until today. Now I can try what ever I want when ever I want. I don't read the paper or watch the news and except for school I haven't to Honolulu in about 2 months, so I completely missed the opening till it just showed up in my inbox.

That's awesome!

I wish that they had location-specific website info, I was excited to look at what pedals- particularly used pedals- that they might have at your GC in Pearl City; but, that doesn't seem to work that way... Still, I'm glad for you.

Does not mean I will leave my favorite music store my family has been doing business there for over 40 years and they treat everyone like family.

I know what you mean!

Ask yourself- What Would Ren and Stimpy Do?

~ Caevan James-Michael Miller-O'Shite ~

_ ___ _ Leprechaun, Esquire _ ___ _

I wish that they had location-specific website info, I was excited to look at what pedals- particularly used pedals- that they might have at your GC in Pearl City; but, that doesn't seem to work that way... Still, I'm glad for you.

Caevan, there's a workaround. Go to the GC website, click on the USED listings, then type in a Zip Code. I've been able to help friends find used gear near them by that method.

Quick edit: right now, it's showing no stores with matching products? Could be the store is too new, and they're either just setting up the link, or they haven't stocked any Used Gear yet. FWIW, when they open a new GC right in my neighborhood, they'd clearly shipped in some Used Gear from other stores, to fill out inventory: there were Used Guitars on the rack the day it opened.

@surfergirl - One thing to look into is whether you can get used gear shipped in from other Guitar Centers? Almost any pedal you might want will show up Used at some GC, somewhere. Here, within the continental U.S., they'll ship from store to store, but I'm less sure about shipping to Hawaii.

"Monsters are real, and Ghosts are real too. They live inside us, and sometimes, they win." Stephen King

http://www.novparolo.com

https://thewinstonpsmithproject.bandcamp.com

I just fund out GC does not carry Mesa Boogie. I was hoping to be able to try out the Mark 35. I will try out some others tho.

I have some concerns about GC. Will they swallow up the guitar and ukulele stores on Oahu. I am not sure where they will find enough new customers, unless they clone customers like Starbucks apparently does every time they open a new shop LOL.

By the way this my local music store

www.easymusiccenter.com

Jenny S.

@Delta,

I would be very interested in your opinion of the Epi 335 after you've played it for a couple of weeks. Especially, build quality, playability and of couse, Tone.

I've had it for a couple of months. I'm quite happy with it. It's immaculate, no imperfections. Solid build for a Chinese built guitar. Stays in tune with 10G strings. Wonderful playability and the buckers put out sweet tones. The coil split option is nice. I've always upgraded pickups on my guitars. I may do so with this guitar eventually, but not anytime soon, they're that good. Probably the best deal I've ever scored with a guitar.

Glad you're happy with it. If you score a good Epi they're great values.

I agree with you. Over the past few years, I have become a big believer in pickup upgrades. Do you know what pickups are on the guitar?

I suppose the ultimate question is: Does it sound like an ES-335?

If you play cool, you are cool.

I agree with you. Over the past few years, I have become a big believer in pickup upgrades. Do you know what pickups are on the guitar?

It absolutely sounds like the real deal as I've been fortunate enough to play a Gibson version in the past. The pickups are Epiphone Alnico Classic Pros.

It absolutely sounds like the real deal as I've been fortunate enough to play a Gibson version in the past. The pickups are Epiphone Alnico Classic Pros.

@Delta:

Thanks for the info. Enjoy playing her.

If you play cool, you are cool.

I just fund out GC does not carry Mesa Boogie. I was hoping to be able to try out the Mark 35. I will try out some others tho.

I have some concerns about GC. Will they swallow up the guitar and ukulele stores on Oahu. I am not sure where they will find enough new customers, unless they clone customers like Starbucks apparently does every time they open a new shop LOL.

By the way this my local music store

www.easymusiccenter.com

It's nice and handy to have a local mom and pop music store. I don't mind paying a buck or two more on the small stuff and I like supporting their business. I get all my picks that I like best at a local store and they have the best techs around for set ups and repairs. They sell books, strings and cords for the same price as GC.

:cool:

Take care, Larryz

Does not mean I will leave my favorite music store my family has been doing business there for over 40 years and they treat everyone like family.

I buy very little from Guitar Center, sometimes I go there to try stuff out as well. But I usually buy from Sweetwater Sound because of the free shipping and no tax. https://www.sweetwater.com/

I buy very little from Guitar Center, sometimes I go there to try stuff out as well. But I usually buy from Sweetwater Sound because of the free shipping and no tax. https://www.sweetwater.com/

I think a new federal law may have eliminated that tax advantage.

Scott Fraser

I think a new federal law may have eliminated that tax advantage.

Yeah... on my last pedal-purchase from Sweetwater, I was surprised to be hit with sales tax. Shipping was still free, though, and as usual, service and support were excellent...

Ask yourself- What Would Ren and Stimpy Do?

~ Caevan James-Michael Miller-O'Shite ~

_ ___ _ Leprechaun, Esquire _ ___ _