Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Disco Inferno First 2 bars

Does anyone have the ridiculous 16th note string line at the very top of Disco Inferno written out? I can transcribe it but it would save me a bit of time if I didn't need to take it down myself. Key of C (it's in B in some places).

Kawai C-60 Grand Piano : Hammond A-100 : Hammond SK2 : Yamaha CP4 : Yamaha Montage 7 : Moog Sub 37

My latest album: Funky organ, huge horn section

https://bobbycressey.bandcamp.com/album/cali-native

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

in case you need a quick reply, with the caveat that I don't have a keyboard to hand, I think it's basically a Db9 run ending on the C.

Gig keys: Hammond SKpro, Korg Vox Continental, Crumar Mojo 61, Crumar Mojo Pedals

Sticky suggestion for the new forum: all the bernmeisfer transcriptions

Dan

Acoustic/Electric stringed instruments ranging from 4 to 230 strings, hammered, picked, fingered, slapped, and plucked. Analog and Digital Electronic instruments, reeds, and throat/mouth.

I happen to have the ong from one of my recent cd-correction processing results, sounding ok digitally, so I just played it back. Trying a decent acoustic piano patch along with it isn't the same as catching the lowering string melody during the phrase or catching the pure tones of the brass playing a G7sus-4, but to me it seems that by and large it's just a standard C minor scale played downwards, shouldn't be too hard.

T

The ability to quickly find valuable info like this from a while back is one of the things that makes this forum a great place. Thanks again to our mods for saving this place!

Secret weapon for sure

Kawai C-60 Grand Piano : Hammond A-100 : Hammond SK2 : Yamaha CP4 : Yamaha Montage 7 : Moog Sub 37

My latest album: Funky organ, huge horn section

https://bobbycressey.bandcamp.com/album/cali-native

Sticky suggestion for the new forum: all the bernmeisfer transcriptions

Legends transcription thread featuring the impeccable work of Bernmeister, Josh Paxton, Jerry Kovarsky, etc. (Noobs such as myself need not apply.)

Good idea, upvote here!

One of the great things about keeping this forum is that as long as the OPs keep the images on their servers, we can go back in the archive to the beginning and find them. However, longer term, I suspect we'll have a better option

"I'm so crazy, I don't know this is impossible! Hoo hoo!" - Daffy Duck

"The good news is that once you start piano you never have to worry about getting laid again. More time to practice!" - MOI

FWIW, distributing transcriptions is almost certainly a copyright violation. If so, I wonder if we might NOT want to make a google-discoverable thread announcing that we have them.

Just something that occurred to me. I'm sure someone here knows the actual facts.

Now out! "Mind the Gap," a 24-song album of new material.
www.joshweinstein.com

Isolated parts though ? Like a transcribed Jazz solo, not sure that is copyright protected. But I'm certainly no authority.

I believe it is. You can transcribe for you. I believe that as soon as you hand it to me, you violate the copyright. That solo is owned by the owner of the sound recording, as far as I know.

Now out! "Mind the Gap," a 24-song album of new material.
www.joshweinstein.com

This intro transcription seems to be making the run a few times a year (pun intended!). Glad it's still helping those who need it.

As for the sticky, you guys are killing me! :)

Much too kind! But you know I'm always glad to help when I can.

Cheers!

While we're on this thread, I caught this transcription last time, and it's worked well for me, so thank you Mr Meister.

Could never seem to work out a good fingering for this.
I play 4-3-1-3(over thumb)-4-3-1 etc on the way down ending on 2 on the Eb, then 1-2-3-4 up the arpeggios ending on 1-2-4 for Bb-Eb-G at the end of the run.

Cheers, Mike.

While we're on this thread, I caught this transcription last time, and it's worked well for me, so thank you Mr Meister.

Could never seem to work out a good fingering for this.
I play 4-3-1-3(over thumb)-4-3-1 etc on the way down ending on 2 on the Eb, then 1-2-3-4 up the arpeggios ending on 1-2-4 for Bb-Eb-G at the end of the run.

Cheers, Mike.

Thank you for that! :2thu:

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing."

- George Bernard Shaw

Here's Bernmeister's from an earlier post where someone wanted it:

disco-inferno-string-intro.png

It must be the strings in octaves, but I hear the first three notes down an octave from what's written, so you jump up from the C-flat to the A-flat. Am I hearing things?

Jerry

Here's Bernmeister's from an earlier post where someone wanted it:

disco-inferno-string-intro.png

It must be the strings in octaves, but I hear the first three notes down an octave from what's written, so you jump up from the C-flat to the A-flat. Am I hearing things?

Jerry

Jerry,

What's written works. Everything is just doubled down an octave. Real strings played in octaves tend to produce an interesting sound that sometimes gives the impression that there's an octave jump here or there.

Jerry

Jerry,

What's written works. Everything is just doubled down an octave. Real strings played in octaves tend to produce an interesting sound that sometimes gives the impression that there's an octave jump here or there.

Of course it works - it's all the right notes - I was not questioning your formidable ears/skills. Never!

Just chatting a bit about the way I heard it... I knew it was a somewhat false phenomenon. It's all good!

Jerry

Jerry

Jerry,

Of course it works - it's all the right notes - I was not questioning your formidable ears/skills. Never!

Just chatting a bit about the way I heard it... I knew it was a somewhat false phenomenon. It's all good!

Jerry

Sorry, Jerry,

I didn't mean to come off as imposing and such. I just meant that strings tend to "fold" in and out of unison as an effect, or as a matter of playing range. We can also attribute the effect or impression of octave replacements, on a passage such as the above, to individual dynamics and fingering. These players weren't mixed like a synth, that's for sure. Gotta love real strings! :)

There's no way in which I can see a Db 9#11 in there, sorry.

The chord instruments play something in between Abm6 and Db9#11 under the string line... I havent played the part recently but IIRC they play (semi quavers) Eb Db Cb Ab F Eb Db C (mi7).

I'm seeing an Fm9b5 if those notes had to be summed into a chord, but the run itself as noted is just all G7 altered scale, as far as I can see.

So I think it's safe to see the opening as a run over G7 alt, which resolves to Cm, no?

"The Angels of Libra are in the European vanguard of the [retro soul] movement" (Bill Buckley, Soul and Jazz and Funk)

The Drawbars | off jazz organ trio