Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

I have no faith with Behringer

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Faith? We're not supposed to be talking about religion here. :cop:

:poke:;)

"I'm so crazy, I don't know this is impossible! Hoo hoo!" - Daffy Duck

"The good news is that once you start piano you never have to worry about getting laid again. More time to practice!" - MOI

This post was more out of frustration than anything else!

I like Behringers idea for a clone of the Oberheim OB-XA, only because a vintage one and the new OB-6 from Dave Smith and Tom Oberheim are way out of my price range. I could settle for a VST version, but thats not the same. Sound quality yes, but not the feel.

Im glad I didnt post this on GearSlutz or they may have been hell to pay. Uli, would have been upset or offended.

Seriously? There is no mention of religion in this post? Or is this sarcasm?

Just a tongue in cheek comment mate. No harm intended.

Im not a Behringer expert and have no idea about their business model or marketing strategy. I do own a couple of mixers and DI boxes. They work well despite me treating them wth scant regard in day-to-day transport and manual handling situations.

Just a tongue in cheek comment mate. No harm intended.

Im not a Behringer expert and have no idea about their business model or marketing strategy. I do own a couple of mixers and DI boxes. They work well despite me treating them wth scant regard in day-to-day transport and manual handling situations.

Thats it! I need a break! :Python::bor:

Returned my DM12. I tend to play for long periods of time. Mine jumped octaves after so many hours.

Really?, I have had mine on for up to 8 hours and never experienced that. I can see how that could be annoying.

Mine I rarely touch the keys anymore. I have it connected to my SP6. I have about a dozen multi setups that use the DM12 and with the handy destination button I can seamlessly use either sound source or both. For the $699 sale price I bought it for I have been totally satisfied with it. Though the Novation summit really has my interest peaked!

Mine was the first batch, and Im pretty sure I was the only return too.

Ive always had better luck with rackmount modules + Controller.

Ive already worn the paint off of my Physis K4 and its only 5 years old.

Looking forward to more rack mounted gear from Behringer.

The X32R my drummer uses has been dropped more than once, and its built really well.

Im just burnt out on not so good keybeds and buttons getting loose after so many stabs.

Cheerz

Magnus C350 + FMR RNP + Realistic Unisphere Mic

Most of your earlier posts have been about not knowing what you want and not being able to afford what you might think you want at any given time. So I fail to see how a longer than anticipated release date for a concept synth really affects you.

Behringer is using a model that allows for end user input early in the prototyping process so that in the end, the final product gets it right. I wish more people including my own company did this. Most consumers probably just don't realize how long it actually takes to get a product to market. You are used to hearing about it just before release, after it has been in the works for years.

Dan

Acoustic/Electric stringed instruments ranging from 4 to 230 strings, hammered, picked, fingered, slapped, and plucked. Analog and Digital Electronic instruments, reeds, and throat/mouth.

Most of your earlier posts have been about not knowing what you want and not being able to afford what you might think you want at any given time. So I fail to see how a longer than anticipated release date for a concept synth really affects you.

Behringer is using a model that allows for end user input early in the prototyping process so that in the end, the final product gets it right. I wish more people including my own company did this. Most consumers probably just don't realize how long it actually takes to get a product to market. You are used to hearing about it just before release, after it has

been in the works for years.

Okay, you got me there. It doesnt affect me, and I dont know what I want? Maybe i just like to bitch!

Actually, I'm on the same page regarding product "teasers" at NAMM or other trade shows.

There should be a show rule that a company cannot display a new product if they can't bring it to market within 6-9 months.

An example of a vaporsynth:

http://www.sonicftp.com/news/images/kurz_va.jpg

When an eel hits your eye like a big pizza pie, that's a Moray.

Probably one of the worst phony keyboard displays at a trade show was from Waldorf... this non-functioning shell of a synth. :facepalm:

http://www.noisetime.com/mm07/05.jpg

I wouldn't call it sarcasm. :D Just a :poke: Hence the smilies in my post. :rolleyes:

You did say "faith." :P

Probably one of the worst phony keyboard displays at a trade show was from Waldorf... this non-functioning shell of a synth. :facepalm:

I worked for a software company that did something similar. For years, customers asked for an update of an older application. At one trade show, they made a mockup and made it look like it was actually running and doing something. But it was all fake. Any time someone asked about the product, I simply pointed to the owner and said, "ask him." I didn't demo the fake, either. Despite all that, he never bothered to work on, much less ship an updated version of that program. I had hoped that sending all the inquiries to him on the show floor would motivate him but it did not.

"I'm so crazy, I don't know this is impossible! Hoo hoo!" - Daffy Duck

"The good news is that once you start piano you never have to worry about getting laid again. More time to practice!" - MOI

I wouldn't call it sarcasm. :D Just a :poke: Hence the smilies in my post. :rolleyes:

You did say "faith." :P

So did George Michael :roll:

I worked for a software company that did something similar. For years, customers asked for an update of an older application. At one trade show, they made a mockup and made it look like it was actually running and doing something. But it was all fake. Any time someone asked about the product, I simply pointed to the owner and said, "ask him." I didn't demo the fake, either. Despite all that, he never bothered to work on, much less ship an updated version of that program. I had hoped that sending all the inquiries to him on the show floor would motivate him but it did not.

I worked for a software company that did something similar. For years, customers asked for an update of an older application. At one trade show, they made a mockup and made it look like it was actually running and doing something. But it was all fake.

What a tangled web we weave...