Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

heavy 88 key (PC1x) on K&M Spider Pro

I have read the other topics on this stand, but want to make sure I am not doing something wrong here ... I just got this stand (but thinking of sending back) to replace my very old, but so far trustworthy two tier x stand .. (plan to have pc1x, xk1, and deep mind 6 on the spider) .. of the 3 the PC1x is the heaviest .. I set it up and just put the pc1x on the bottom tier (4 legs were on stable surface, etc) and just did not like the rocky "see-saw" feel when playing at the ends of the board, etc - any hints?? similar experiences ???

PC1x, Hammond XK1c, Deep Mind 6, MS500 (gig rig)

Kurz PC4, Mini Moog Model D, Little Phatty, Hammond M3, Leslie 145, viscount op-3, Behringer model D, Roland GAIA.. (home studio)

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I responded in the other thread that I hadn't tried a heavy keyboard like that--however, I have felt a "give" when getting rowdy with my pc361. I was concerned at first, but I think that is just how the arms behave...I don't often play that hard so didn't really think about it much.

It certainly was different from my z stand, which is the most solid stand I've ever used. I can certainly see how it would be distracting and annoying if it happened constantly (as it might with a heavy board) and would at the least take some getting used to.

I'll set my old Studiologic heavy 88 up on it later and see if I notice the same thing.

I've used my Spider Pro with a Yamaha S-70XS and Kurzweil Forte 7 -- both 40+ pounds -- and had no problem; I've also used the boards with a MOXF6 on the second tier. There is a little side-to-side movement, but the stand is stable -- I've used mine for 10+ years and now also have a Baby Spider for single keyboard gigs.

Kurzweil PC4; Yamaha P515; EV ZXA1s

thanks for the replies .. maybe i will give it another try - certainly will help with cleaning up the stage a bit and with cable management ... but at the end of the day, it is the sound, not the visual LOL - thanks for the advice (LOVE this forum) ...

PC1x, Hammond XK1c, Deep Mind 6, MS500 (gig rig)

Kurz PC4, Mini Moog Model D, Little Phatty, Hammond M3, Leslie 145, viscount op-3, Behringer model D, Roland GAIA.. (home studio)