Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

YO! Where y'all at?

Where is everyone? It's as quiet as a graveyard.

Were we all so traumatized by the WF conundrum that we're catatonic?

Whitefang is gone and in my opinion, this is a positive outcome. This forum will be a happier, more interactive environment as a result.

Let's all make a commitment to making the forum a place where guitarists can congregate and discuss topics that interest us in a spirit of fellowship, mutual respect and comaraderie.

What do you gentlemen think?

If you play cool, you are cool.

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Let's all make a commitment to making the forum a place where guitarists can congregate and discuss topics that interest us in a spirit of fellowship, mutual respect and comaraderie.

What do you gentlemen think?

+1 Brother Fred, I'm still alive and still out here! Let's make this the best guitar forum we can and discuss topics in the spirit of fellowship. Let's make a special effort to communicate with new and younger members and encourage those that have left (both old and new) to come back and participate. :thu:

Take care, Larryz

WF never got under my skin the way he did others... but he didn't really seem to try to, for whatever reason... or I wasn't paying attention.

It's a shame things turn out that way sometimes, but...

I guess I missed the fight, and don't remember being attacked (here at least -- unlike some other places that I have found to be less friendly).

Not much to say of late, as I'm focusing on world instruments that are stringed but probably of little interest to most guitarists. I do try to check the forum occasionally though.

Eugenio Upright, 60th Anniversary P-Bass, USA Geddy Lee J-Bass, Yamaha BBP35, D'angelico SS Bari, EXL1,

Select Strat, 70th Anniversary Esquire, LP 57, Eastman T486, T64, Ibanez PM2, Hammond XK4, Moog Voyager

You sure? He posted something on the 30th, I know.

Yeah, he is gone. However, I'd like to see everyone focus on moving forward. I love the idea of welcoming in new/young members and making them feel like part of the family.

We are all musicians in one capacity or another and working together to help teach those under us and learn from those above us can only benefit everyone.

I've been busy performing, working on my Synths, and completing, more or less, my 21st Century Pedalboard; it's only missing one more piece, which I'm ordering this week . . .

I got to perform at a major D.C. Art event with 20 other Guitarists, end of March, played a benefit show in a new, improvised ensemble with some good friends this past weekend, and a solo House Concert mid-May, along with a couple of shows with my local EM concert series. My bandmate and I get together and put out new recordings around once a month, and we have shows scheduled from July through November. In part, I've been too busy with work and Music to spend much time in here.

However, to be perfectly honest, I left the Forum because I didn't feel like I was contributing anything worthwhile by arguing with, or about WF. I'm not responsible for anyone else's behavior - well, alright, maybe my dogs - but I am responsible for my own, and I felt that I'd crossed a line, as well, in attacking another Forum member. That's not what I come here for, nor do I expect that's what any of you come here for. FWIW, I don't consider WF's being banned any sort of victory, either. A sick, lonely old guy couldn't manage to behave so as to remain welcome in a group that made every effort to keep him: that's just sad, friends, even if he did bring it on himself. I don't wish that on anyone else here.

I'll check in, every so often, to see if there's anything I can contribute. My thanks to the folks who reached out while I was away, to remind me that I was still welcome, and wanted. In the meantime, all the best to all of you.

"Monsters are real, and Ghosts are real too. They live inside us, and sometimes, they win." Stephen King

http://www.novparolo.com

https://thewinstonpsmithproject.bandcamp.com

WF was a character but i am too old for anyone to bother me.

Where am I ?

I write new songs almost every +2 weeks and post them here. I see little to no interest

in song writing here.

If piano/keyboards is 1A, guitar is 1B.

Great sounding guitar is a big deal for my instrumentals. I think they sound ok, sometimes good.

Bottom line, great sounding guitar is a big priority for me. Even while using the keys.

I also like to discuss outstanding guitarists and their work, such as John McLaughlin.

Some folks have jumped into the discussions but it seems to have ebbed, for whatever reason.

What I write about possibly is not very interesting. Which is ok. Its reality :)

Why fit in, when you were born to stand out ?

My Soundcloud with many originals:

[70's Songwriter]

Sorry to hear about WF, but he definitely brought it down upon himself. I'm doing a lot of recording now that I'm retired. Living on the Atlantic Ocean here in Florida is very inspirational. I don't contribute much but I enjoy being a member of this forum and have learned a lot from y'all. Peace.
"Let me stand next to your fire!", Jimi Hendrix

...I'd like to see everyone focus on moving forward. I love the idea of welcoming in new/young members and making them feel like part of the family.

We are all musicians in one capacity or another and working together to help teach those under us and learn from those above us can only benefit everyone.

Here, here; hear, hear. Indeed.

Ask yourself- What Would Ren and Stimpy Do?

~ Caevan James-Michael Miller-O'Shite ~

_ ___ _ Leprechaun, Esquire _ ___ _

So Whitefang is gone? I missed whatever drama caused that to happen. Oh well. I still haven't booked a hotel room for Fort Wayne, Indiana for Sweetwater's Gearfest that's coming up real soon. I'm not sure if I want to go there for both days, or just drive down for one day. It's only a two hour forty five minute drive, so it's not like it's a cross country journey. Now that I'm thinking more about it, I'm kinda leaning towards going there just on Friday. If any of you are planning on going, let me know.
I rock; therefore, I am.

I've been away a while but nothing to do w/the forum, just v busy.

As per AString's suggestion above I'll hold my tongue re WTF other than to point out that the cat took every opportunity to get along w/others & trashed it, so he in effect fell on his own sword rather than play nice w/others.

Maybe somebody will PM me w/details of how that all ended.... :idk

-----------------------------------------

Now it'll just be up to Fred & I to needle one another over my diction & the relative value of modern jazz & other experimental forms !

:cheers:

In other threats to the forum, keep yer eyes & ears peeled for my not-to-far-off, not-so-capsule history of The King Of Rock & Roll !

d=halfnote

I hope this whole episode goes away soon. I never wanted anyone to leave. All I wanted was an apology. I waited 7 days and gave 3 chances to apologize before I responded. when an apology came it was only because he was forced. I accepted the apology as sincere even tho I did not think it was. this my last statement on this subject and I hope we can just move on.

thank you,

Jenny S.

Jenny S.