Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Just ..wow (Snarky Puppy)

Amazing keyboard solo ... and tight arrangements.

The feel is a bit reminiscent of Chick Corea's "Sketches of Spain"

(Pardon if this is a re-post - I'm usually late to the party)

[video:youtube]

Muzikteechur is Lonnie, in Kittery, Maine.

HS music teacher: Concert Band, Marching Band, Jazz Band, Chorus, Music Theory, AP Music Theory, History of Rock, Musical Theatre, Piano, Guitar, Drama.

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Snarky Puppy rocked the Paramount at Oakland last night. I didn't catch the names of the keyboard guys but both of them were great. Stage Right played a great fuzz wah whammy-bar(!) solo on a *clavinet* but unfortunately over-used the sound and technique at times when, you know, a crunchy clavinet would have done just fine.

Lots of new material, all good stuff. Recommended.

It's amazing he could do that on the King Korg, since so many around here find the action horrible :poke::laugh:

And even more amazing that he can do that section with the two-hand unison lines on the King Korg and a weighted Kronos. This is why I long ago focused my energy on songwriting...no way I'm ever going to be in that league as a player (or even in the league right below that.) But I have a chance of occasionally writing a decent song :)

Yamaha CK88, Arturia Keylab 61 MkII, Moog Sub 37, Yamaha U1 Upright, Casio CT-S500, Mac Logic/Mainstage, iPad Camelot, Spacestation V.3, QSC K10.2, JBL EON One Compact

www.stickmanor.com

There's a thin white line between fear and fury - Stickman

The example in the beginning of this thread reminds me a bit of stuff I did in the 90s with a (part of) a Jazz combo, somewhere there should even be video of that. I don't like these new sounds even though there should have been so much progress, it sounds like mud most the time, without much expression.

TV