Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Invisible stand 2nd tier rubber wheels

I have several invisible stands, which I adore, but have never had a use for the slide on hockey puck looking rubber wheel things that attach to the 2nd tier to put that top keyboard at an angle.

I am now setting up a new rig with a 2 manual MAG organ on the bottom and my Nord Stage 2 compact on top. Id love to get the Nord at an angle but now I can only find one of the 2 wheels to try it out. Ive looked everywhere. Does anybody have a spare or a set theyd like to part with for a fee?

Thanks!

Nord Stage 3 Compact

Nord Stage 2 EX Compact

Korg Kronos 2 73

Mag C2 organ

UHL X3-1 organ

GSI DMC-122 

Radial KL8

Motion Sound Kp500S

Macbook Pro 
Falcon, UVI, Kontakt, Logic, PT

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Dave! I will look around to see if I can find one for you. I should have some, but has been years since I've seen them.

One alternative to suggest for you that I used in lieu of the rubber pucks. Take a piece of wood, either 2x2 or even 1x2 works fine for just a little bit of tilt. You can cut the wood strip either to match the length of the upper board or the span of the Invisible top tiers. Paint it black. Use velcro on the stand, board and underside of keyboard to attach.

When I was doing this, I had a 1x2 cut the length of my Electro and I kept that strip in the case with the keyboard. Worked great for me! You could experiment with different sizes as well. If you look at this old picture of my rig from years ago, you can see the strip of wood which is giving the NE3 a little bit of tilt.

KCQmoPS.jpg

Hi Eric,

Thanks - That's an interesting idea. I'll work on that. And if you find a puck, let me know.

Best

Nord Stage 3 Compact

Nord Stage 2 EX Compact

Korg Kronos 2 73

Mag C2 organ

UHL X3-1 organ

GSI DMC-122 

Radial KL8

Motion Sound Kp500S

Macbook Pro 

Rubber chemical bottle stoppers are tapered and come in various diameters. I found them at Ace Hardware. Any good hardware store should have them. I have several in different sizes for different amounts of tilt. They're also used to plug inlets and outlets on swimming pools. Also,various diameter rubber feet can be used. Just drill the appropriate size hole in the middle.

Please let us know how the Mag organ works out. I'm jealous.

I'm pretty sure those pucks have an application in cars. Take the one you have to a parts store and ask if they have anything similar?

+1

Ive never used those pucks with my Invisible stand (I prefer to keep the second-tier keyboard flat) but would always seem to lose those smaller, approx. 1.5 rubber thingies. I found some radiator hose at my local hardware store which were perfect when cut into small chunks. Sorry for the sidebar.

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing."

- George Bernard Shaw

Thats the ticket! I had no idea, I just looked them up online and figured out that its a #13 stopper. I ordered a few from Widgetco. Thanks!

Nord Stage 3 Compact

Nord Stage 2 EX Compact

Korg Kronos 2 73

Mag C2 organ

UHL X3-1 organ

GSI DMC-122 

Radial KL8

Motion Sound Kp500S

Macbook Pro 

Ill second that. Ive used a similar solution. Its great that the Invisible stands use parts that are easily replaced.

Nord Stage 3 Compact

Nord Stage 2 EX Compact

Korg Kronos 2 73

Mag C2 organ

UHL X3-1 organ

GSI DMC-122 

Radial KL8

Motion Sound Kp500S

Macbook Pro 

Okay, so now the real question: How can we buy up the rights to make more Invisible Stands, perhaps moving to some kind of carbon fiber material? :w00t:

Oh, and an afterthought: How do we set up manufacturing? :idk

Seriously, I would buy into such a project in a heartbeat.

-Tom Williams

{First Name} {at} AirNetworking {dot} com

PC4-7, PX-5S, AX-Edge, PC361