Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Forum status

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I know I was gone for a while, but I always knew that I could come right home again. I could not be happier to know that Home will be here for a long time to come.

All thanks and Praises to dB and Jim

"In the beginning, Adam had the blues, 'cause he was lonesome.

So God helped him and created woman.

Now everybody's got the blues."

Willie Dixon

Great news, Dave, but who is funding it?

A brand new corporation established specifically for this purpose.

Will this become a paid subscription forum, a donation forum or what?
The plan is to try and keep the forum itself free. I believe a rotating banner may appear at the top of the forum to help pay for that.

There most probably will be other sections that get added at some point (editorial/educational content, marketplace, etc) which may end up requiring a small subscription...but the goal is to keep the forum itself the way it is now, except with an up to date version of software and a single banner.

dB

:snax:

:keys:==> David Bryce Music • Funky Young Monks <==:rawk:

There most probably will be other sections that get added at some point (editorial/educational content, marketplace, etc) which may end up requiring a small subscription...

Beer of the month club? :cheers:

When an eel hits your eye like a big pizza pie, that's a Moray.

Beer of the month club? :cheers:

Why not? :idk::D

I've had conversations with a few of the people/organizations I know about the possibility of having them offer some of their goods/services to our community. I believe I might be able to find a way to make a curated selection of same available to those who would want it without disturbing the groove of the forum itself.

No reason I can see why there couldn't be a KC Beer of The Month club if someone wanted to set it up... :)

dB

:snax:

:keys:==> David Bryce Music • Funky Young Monks <==:rawk:

No reason I can see why there couldn't be a KC Beer of The Month club if someone wanted to set it up... :)

:cheers:http://blue-funk.com/NonBandPictures/smileys/beer.gif:2thu:

"I'm so crazy, I don't know this is impossible! Hoo hoo!" - Daffy Duck

"The good news is that once you start piano you never have to worry about getting laid again. More time to practice!" - MOI

Unfortunately, my current 2 favorite beers are only available locally. There's a really nice IPA called Dragon Point, which was a local landmark. There is also the Hell-N-Blazes IPA, another local brew.

"In the beginning, Adam had the blues, 'cause he was lonesome.

So God helped him and created woman.

Now everybody's got the blues."

Willie Dixon

That is great news, Dave. this forum has been an invaluable resource and thank you for keeping it going all these years, even after Joe crashes the board!
:hitt::saber:

"The good news is that once you start piano you never have to worry about getting laid again. More time to practice!" - MOI

The graphics need work?? They need a LOT of work! Someone who actually know what they're doing (it's getting worse :roll:)

kc-hat-black-3.png

Chick magnet!!! :crazy:

Thanks for al the good work, this is my daily coffee in the morning....

Nord Piano 5-73, Nord Stage 3
Author of QSheets: The fastest lead sheet viewer in the world that also plays Audio Files and send Program Changes!
https://qsheets.eriknie.synology.me/

Does this mean the forum will finally be upgraded to MIDI 2.0??? If so, then even I won't be able to break it! :thu:

The graphics need work?? They need a LOT of work! Someone who actually know what they're doing (it's getting worse :roll:)

kc-hat-black-3.png

Chick magnet!!! :crazy:

Thanks for al the good work, this is my daily coffee in the morning....

But for the love of all things holy, no Ties!