Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Full OT Any tips on rats in house!

Back to the OT topic of rat mice infestation: Yesterday I was awakened by the sound of a noisy larger than any mouse animal above my head in the ceiling. This animal was either a huge rat or possum or raccoon. I do not hear him now though. I used an ultrasonic pitch to make the animal uncomfortable in my ceiling area. Rats are being killed one by one, but this large sounding animal caused some apprehensions.

Hes come to feast on the carcass of rats. Hell be here awhile ... go ahead and settle in. Probably a good idea to check the floor before you step out of bed at this point.

with love,

RatBoy.

This "baby" better not be a rat, else it will be huge. I heard it a number of times in the last few days.

Wow, a fairer persuasion interested in the rat club, I had no idear.

Today, there are no exclusively boys clubs... you're in luck.

You don't have ideas, ideas have you

We see the world, not as it is, but as we are. "One mans food is another mans poison". I defend your right to speak hate. Tolerance to a point, not agreement

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

And good day to you Rat boy.

edit I just checked, and saw a topic that had nothing to do with music. Do you generally critique Off topics.. or do so more selectively?

Oh, now, im sorry. It was just fun non-judgmental floating rat jokes until you singled me out. You took it up a notch with me, then went insane with L&H begat Letterman delusions. i merely followed along.

As to your question, i suppose no and yes, everything in life is in some way selected, we cant consume or be involved in everything. I guess I base it on the frequency of OTs and how far O their Ts may be. You are a more frequent violator of OT etiquette. Thats just fact, for good or bad. Now do I mind? no, why would i. I dont care. I merely notice things and comment on those that I find humorous, Just having a lil fun.

You only call me rat boy because you like me :)

At around 2'40" Zach uses a term I have never heard... absurdism. That is one of my favorite forms of humor. This explains my absurdly ( not insanely ) connecting the fantasy of Laurel and Hardy ( the funniest duo who ever lived.. imHo) Geo Carlin Letterman etc.

[video:youtube]

We see the world, not as it is, but as we are. "One mans food is another mans poison". I defend your right to speak hate. Tolerance to a point, not agreement

Hey RatGents, with all this talk of Rat f***ing, you'll need to expand your club to include those of the fairer persuasion.

- Ratgirl

In case anyone cares, the above is where "fairer persuasion" comes from. In case you had not heard the ancient phrase, fairer sex, refers to what used to be known as female.

And field mice get no respect.

My 2 cats and my yards happy bird population would be skinnier and very bored without field mice

You haven't lived until you have seen a hawk swoop down and score a field mouse as a snack.

Why fit in, when you were born to stand out ?

My Soundcloud with many originals:

[70's Songwriter]

My 2 cats and my yards happy bird population would be skinnier and very bored without field mice

You haven't lived until you have seen a hawk swoop down and score a field mouse as a snack.

"Oh wow" ( I first heard those words, from an early drummer with Hall and Oates named John Wilcox- He used to mimic, in the late 70's , the Oh Wow people.. saying, "oh wow, Janes parents are such pigs, they won't even give her $500 for halter tops, at Emo's the Emotional Outlet!!' ) and all this time I thought you were a cool dude. That is so uncool watching animals be animals. lol

You haven't lived until you've seen a hawk devour his meal right in your back yard. During long hard winters, they don't even drag their meal back to the nest they tear it apart right there.

Out in the boondocks where I live we have big hawks, with at least a six foot wingspan. I always check the skies before I let my cats out, they're only out for 15-20 minutes and I watch them the whole time. They do seem to be conscious of hawks as they stick close to the house.

I gotta tell ya, I really respect mices. Mices are my favorites.

[video:youtube]

Born and raised in Alaska, few people had small dogs because the eagles would get em. Wed call Chihuahuas Snack Dogs, because youd commonly hear stories of cheechakos coming into town with toy dogs only to have them snatched up by bald eagles! Screw mice and rats, eagles will happily chow down on a Pomeranian.

On other things, its a bit of a myth that cats make good ratters. MOST cats wont bother with rodents that large, theres a good enough chance theyll just make friends. The wild cats that domesticated cats come from didnt really hunt for large critters. Obviously some do, and very successfully, but its pretty rare. That said, having cats around can make rodents just weary and uneasy. They also compete for the same food.

Puck Funk! :)

Equipment: Laptop running lots of nerdy software, some keyboards, noise makersâ¦yada yada yadaâ¦maybe a cat?

"Oh wow" ( I first heard those words, from an early drummer with Hall and Oates named John Wilcox- He used to mimic, in the late 70's , the Oh Wow people.. saying, "oh wow, Janes parents are such pigs, they won't even give her $500 for halter tops, at Emo's the Emotional Outlet!!' ) and all this time I thought you were a cool dude. That is so uncool watching animals be animals. lol

I like vultures , too. I think they are cool birds of prey. I even wrote a song titled " Flight of Vultures "

Why fit in, when you were born to stand out ?

My Soundcloud with many originals:

[70's Songwriter]

Last night I discovered my saltines and my BBQ chips had been gnawed into. He must have disliked the chips, but did a job on the crackers. Probably a garden variety field mouse (mice?).

Had two last year and they had the audacity (free audio app) to come out on the counter not 10 feet from me, and sniff around. I swear they would give me the finger and then disappear when I approached them.

I might live in Nashville, but it ain't the city where I'm at. Rabbits, spiders, mice, armadillos, spiders, deer, possum, spiders, carpenter bees, wasps, spiders, groundhogs, raccoons, and spiders all abound here. Well, they were all here well before I moved in.

Professional musician = great source of poverty.

• 4 weeks later...

"We" have killed about 10 rats since we started. A professional came by yesterday and though the owner of home declined his service, confident he can dispatch the pests, the pro told me sometimes the rodents ( roof rats he ascertained ) will just move on to the next home, if they tire of the place. The professional said our neighborhood is filled with rats. Very recently it seems their presence is much less noticed, but entrances into the home are still not blocked with foam , mesh, steel wool. I have to partly assume the rats were discouraged from coming into my bedroom because I used lengthy periods of ultrasonic pitches designed to disturb them.

Having had a rat problem 15 years ago, a mechanic told me rats do not like the odor of Irish Spring soap!! I had rats in my car! So I used Irish Spring in a few rooms!

My Macs speakers are not likely to reproduce such high pitch, but I still feel they had an influence.

I am asking again.. what kind of relatively inexpensive amplification would I need for eg a computer in loop mode, to emanate those 15-20,000 hz pitches?

I cannot say that those ultrasonic pitches kept them away, but I feel they had an influence.

The object is to merely make this home, an unwelcome, versus lethal place, for them to setup shop.

I have 3 computers that could be placed in various rooms in the home, just as a means to create those sounds as a deterrent.