Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Acoustic Samples B-5 Organ V2.5 Update

Received email today

We just released the Version 2.5 of the B-5 Organ, this new version contains a few internal fixes and optimizations, but more importantly, we added 2 new organ

Fixes

- There was in some very rare cases stuck tonewheels happening when using the preset keys, this should be fixed now.

- The percussion volume drop was happening on the non-percussion presets, it's not the case anymore.

- There are a few other internal fixes and improvements that were released since the V2 as silent updates, like the addition of a few organ controllers or the DI volume that you can mix with the microphones.

New organ models

Thanks to our friend Joe Doria, we were able to add a very good sounding A101 from 1963. And while we were at it, we decided to also add the organ we used for the videos, a chopped 1964 A102 bringing the B-5 to a total of 6 very distinct Organ models.

A101 and A102 organs are exactly the same as A100 models, only the type of wood (and the legs for the A101) changes. There are more audible changes between years that are mostly electronics and different adjustments to them which explains why these models all sound different.

"I  cried when I wrote this song
Sue me if I play too long"

Walter Becker Donald Fagan 1977 Deacon Blues

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I sold mine last month. I guess I'd better check whether I have to provide the update to the buyer (even though the transaction was finalized through Acoustic Samples). Some vendors are like that.

Eugenio Upright, 60th Anniversary P-Bass, USA Geddy Lee J-Bass, Yamaha BBP35, D'angelico SS Bari, EXL1,

Select Strat, 70th Anniversary Esquire, LP 57, Eastman T486, T64, Ibanez PM2, Hammond XK4, Moog Voyager

Does v2.5 seem less efficient CPU-wise to anyone else? I'm getting pops & clicks with the same B-5 settings as v2.2 with the same buffer settings. Backing off the buffer fixes it, but I shouldn't have to do that.

Thanks Michael (and Geoff in another thread) for announcing this update here - I had my email notifications disabled and didn't know about it until today.

Does v2.5 seem less efficient CPU-wise to anyone else? I'm getting pops & clicks with the same B-5 settings as v2.2 with the same buffer settings. Backing off the buffer fixes it, but I shouldn't have to do that.

Just loaded it and played for a while - no discernable difference here with buffer set to 64samples.

Thanks Michael (and Geoff in another thread) for announcing this update here - I had my email notifications disabled and didn't know about it until today.

Just loaded it and played for a while - no discernable difference here with buffer set to 64samples.

Thanks for the feedback. I'll investigate further . . .

Does v2.5 seem less efficient CPU-wise to anyone else? I'm getting pops & clicks with the same B-5 settings as v2.2 with the same buffer settings.

That's my main complain about UVI powered plugins in general, VB3II it's way more CPU friendly and gets better with every update

I just updated both my MBP and Mac Mini - consistent issue with stuck notes on both...weird.

Korg Kronos 61 (2); Kurzweil PC4, Roland Fantom-06, Casio PX-350M; 2015 Macbook Pro and 2012 Mac Mini (Logic Pro X and Mainstage), GigPerformer 4.

I just updated both my MBP and Mac Mini - consistent issue with stuck notes on both...weird.

I've had this issue on v2.2, but v2.5 was supposed to fix it. You should report your experience in this KVR thread:

https://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=494250

I did that - thanks!

Korg Kronos 61 (2); Kurzweil PC4, Roland Fantom-06, Casio PX-350M; 2015 Macbook Pro and 2012 Mac Mini (Logic Pro X and Mainstage), GigPerformer 4.