Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

2018 Blues Music Awards

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Bro. Larry,

Thanks. I watched the show in its entirety on PBS last night.

BTW: Have you received your Conti guitar yet? You haven't mentioned it since you announced buying it.

If you play cool, you are cool.

@ Fang, I'm not really into blues and have no idea what you are joking about...Glad you liked the clip. I do enjoy some jump blues and soul so +1 John Nemeth's Feelin Freaky, It is a very cool tune IMHO.

@ Brother Fred, I love the guitar but I do have some issues that I'm working out before doing a review. I do recommend the Heirloom over the Entrada and that anyone buying either should stick to the one pickup versions. If anyone orders a two pickup version of either, be sure to request a change on the bridge pickup. Have them replace the Kent Armstrong 6 Shooter with the Kent Armstrong Vintage 57 Bridge, as it will match up with the Vintage 57 Neck pickup much better. My buddy ordered the Entrada the next day after playing my Heirloom...and followed my recommendation on the pups. He's very happy too! :cool:

Take care, Larryz

Being a blues "freak" since a low single digit age, I have trouble understanding anybody NOT liking the music.

What I was joking about was that in your clip, there's a quick second or two showing somebody( can't identify) holding up a WASHBOARD!

& BTW---

Not familiar with the CONTI guitar( looked 'em up, and VERY nice!)

But the only Conti I'm familiar with are BILL CONTI, the film score composer(including the ROCKY series). ;)

Whitefang

I started out with NOTHING...and I still have most of it left!

I like Blues, especially live Blues and BB King, Eric Clapton, etc. I'm just not really into it enough to want to play it or know the history and many of todays major players. I do like Jump Blues which is basically just old rock and roll. About the closest Blues Song I play and sing is Stormy Monday. I do like to jam over a blues I IV V progression and play a little now and then.

Robert Conti is one of our top jazz guitarists. You can catch him playing and demonstrating his two guitar models on YouTube. The guitars are made by Peerless, a small family operation in Korea, and assembled here in the USA to his specifications. They use pickups made by Kent Armstrong. They are very close to Gibson 57 humbuckers for less money. The pots and tone caps are quality according to my tech. I am very much in love with mine.

Take care, Larryz

Bro. Larry,

One of the members on the JGF also recently purchased a Conti Heirloom and stated that it plays so easily that he has been playing it almost non-stop since he received it.

BTW: did you receive a video of John Conti playing your guitar? I'd love to see it.

Peerless makes very high quality instruments which are also very reasonably priced. I love my Monarch 16. An incredible value at $1400!

If you play cool, you are cool.

Yes Brother Fred, +1 I have not stopped playing mine for this past month or so since it arrived. It plays like butter! The rest of my guitars are gathering moss LOL! Yes, Robert Conti makes a personal video of him playing your guitar set up by his tech, before he ships it to you. Mine lasts about 20 minutes and I have only shared it with two guys (one of them just got his own video as he liked mine so much!). It is something I do not want to share as and anyone can watch his demos on YouTube. You never know where my personal video will wind up on the net. But, in your case I'll make an exception so watch your email! :cool:

My buddy bought the Entrada which run about $1,500. I bought the Heirloom which run about $2,000 with cases.

Take care, Larryz

OOPS!

While rifling through my classicalCDs I ran across THIS one I forgot to mention a bit earlier.... :blush:

[video:youtube]

CAREFUL! More of that "boring" classical music! :rolleyes:

Whitefang

I started out with NOTHING...and I still have most of it left!