Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

KC screen won't resize down to full page view

As I'm typing this, I have to scroll back and forth, the screen size is fixed at 2-3 times larger than the usual full screen view. Weirdly, from this overly zoomed out place it will zoom out even more, but then the smallest it will zoom back in is 2-3 times too large.

I've restarted my Win10 laptop, I've checked other websites, they all work normally, I checked on my Android phone and iPad, and those all work normally. I also clicked on a post (which always gives me the correct full page view no matter how zoomed out I was), and then clicked back to the Home page (using the link to the Home page at the top of the post), which again always goes back to the default normal sized page.

KC forum is easily my most visited website, so I'd like to fix this! It seems like it's operating normally but the default for the screen size is 100-200% larger than the full page view.

Numa Piano X73 /// Kawai ES920 /// Casio CT-X5000 /// Yamaha EW425

Yamaha Melodica and Alto Recorder

QSC K8.2 // JBL Eon One Compact // Soundcore Motion Boom Plus 

Win10 laptop i7 8GB // iPad Pro 9.7" 32GB

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

No idea. Everything here in Mac-land seems okay.

"I'm so crazy, I don't know this is impossible! Hoo hoo!" - Daffy Duck

"The good news is that once you start piano you never have to worry about getting laid again. More time to practice!" - MOI

That is odd.

I am currently viewing this on Windows laptop in my home office, and it's fine.

It's also fine on my Macbook.

Using Firefox on both cases.

David

Gig Rig:Casio Privia PX-5S | Yamaha MODX+ 6 | MacBook Pro 14" M1| Mainstage

Look under forum Preferences and uncheck the box for Weirdly overly zoomed out place 2-3 times too large and you should be good to go.

Funny enough, that was the only practical suggestion (other than getting a mac). I did check it and half expected there to be SOMETHING that would give me a clue.

Nope-- guess I'll just need to go out and get a Mac!

But seriously, this is the only website this happening at, though I have had some slowdowns and other not-responding events in the last week.

I don't know if this is the cause of your problem, but Jim Quinn is going to be doing a bunch of work for the next three weeks prepping the forums for migration, moving them and upgrading them to the most current version of software.*

Bottom line: it may not be Joe's fault..this time...

dB

* :keynana:

:snax:

:keys:==> David Bryce Music • Funky Young Monks <==:rawk:

I don't know if this is the cause of your problem, but Jim Quinn is going to be doing a bunch of work for the next three weeks prepping the forums for migration, moving them and upgrading them to the most current version of software.*

Bro Dave, I have to disagree, it is ALWAYS Joe's fault.

57 Hammond B3; 69 Hammond L100P; 68 Leslie 122; Kurzweil Forte7 & PC3; M-Audio Code 61; Voce V5+; Neo Vent; EV ELX112P; GSI Gemini & Burn

Delaware Dave

Exit93band

Nope-- guess I'll just need to go out and get a Mac!

No need for that, this sounds like you're looking at a thread where someone posted an oversized pic without resizing it first. That messes with the forum software. Check if this is happening with a thread with no big pics in it.

Bob

Hammond SK1, Mojo 61, Kurzweil PC3, Korg Pa3x, Roland FA06, Band in a Box, Real Band, Studio One, too much stuff...

Not just pics. If there is something like a long link with no spaces in it, it won't wrap.

For instance:

AaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaAaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Dan

Acoustic/Electric stringed instruments ranging from 4 to 230 strings, hammered, picked, fingered, slapped, and plucked. Analog and Digital Electronic instruments, reeds, and throat/mouth.

Not just pics. If there is something like a long link with no spaces in it, it won't wrap.

For instance:

AaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaAaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Thata funny Dan! Of course that makes scrolling from left to right even longer. No this is not the issue, it is doing this with every thread.

Sometimes browsers can make a difference, but no problems here in either Chrome or Edge (Win10). Assuming you understand ctrl +/- I have no idea what's going on.

Bill,

Yes! Didn't even think of that. Tried it in another browser and it's working correctly- thanks!

So now just need to figure out why my Chrome browser isn't behaving properly with KC forums. Am using MS Edge now.

dB

* :keynana:

Hmmmmm.. have been around this forum for the last 10 years- but I've missed the reference to what sounds like a good natured roast of Jim. Yes, there's no doubt now, it's Jim's fault!

Mac with Chrome here. Looks fine. Do you by chance have the zoom function on?

Yamaha: Motif XF8, MODX7, YS200, CVP-305, CLP-130, YPG-235, PSR-295, PSS-470 | Roland: Fantom 7, JV-1000

Kurzweil: PC3-76, PC4 (88) | Hammond: SK Pro 73 | Korg: Triton LE 76, N1R, X5DR | Emu: Proteus/1 | Casio: CT-370 | Novation: Launchkey 37 MK3 | Technics: WSA1R

Former: Emu Proformance Plus & Mo'Phatt, Korg Krome 61, Roland Fantom XR & JV-1010, Yamaha MX61, Behringer CAT

Assorted electric & acoustic guitars and electric basses | Roland TD-17 KVX | Alesis SamplePad Pro | Assorted organs, accordions, other instruments

Mac with Chrome here. Looks fine. Do you by chance have the zoom function on?

The zoom function of Chrome? I haven't changed any Chrome settings, and all other websites work as usual.

OMG! Like I said, haven't touched the Chrome settings, but upon perusal other websites were at 100% zoom and KC was at 500%. Good catch, thanks! Chalk that under, "Make no assumptions, check everything- computers can do weird shite!"

Yeah - unlike Edge (which zooms for the browser) Chrome saves zoom amounts per site - which is actually very cool. Also unlike Edge, wen you change zoom in Chrome it will also briefly display the new amount in the upper right corner of the screen.

It's just something to be aware of.

Cool, thanks for the tips. What must have happened is I held the Control key and pressed 5 times the + key along the row of numbers, the keyboard shortcut for zooming that I never knew about.

^ Oh yeah that's a good one... very useful. Also ctrl+scroll. Use them all the time. For example... since Dan's little escapade above :D in order to fit this page completely on the screen I have to zoom out to 90%. Super simple when you use shortcuts, and super simple to set back once I'm done.

If you can comfortably read text at 100% you have better eyes than mine. I have everything set to either 110% or 125% depending on the site.

Yeah, I'm a comfortable read at 125%. It's interesting/odd that up to 200% it just makes the type bigger within the same margins. Beyond that it makes the margins bigger.

Did someone say Joe? Maybe this will help Randelph.

http://wallpapersdsc.net/wp-content/uploads/2016/10/Joe-Manganiello-Pictures.jpg

"I'm so crazy, I don't know this is impossible! Hoo hoo!" - Daffy Duck

"The good news is that once you start piano you never have to worry about getting laid again. More time to practice!" - MOI

Holy crap. :freak: On my iMac desktop I can't scale down small enough to fit that on the screen. :evil:

Glad I could help Randelph. Learned by experience as they say. :laugh:

Yamaha: Motif XF8, MODX7, YS200, CVP-305, CLP-130, YPG-235, PSR-295, PSS-470 | Roland: Fantom 7, JV-1000

Kurzweil: PC3-76, PC4 (88) | Hammond: SK Pro 73 | Korg: Triton LE 76, N1R, X5DR | Emu: Proteus/1 | Casio: CT-370 | Novation: Launchkey 37 MK3 | Technics: WSA1R

Former: Emu Proformance Plus & Mo'Phatt, Korg Krome 61, Roland Fantom XR & JV-1010, Yamaha MX61, Behringer CAT

Assorted electric & acoustic guitars and electric basses | Roland TD-17 KVX | Alesis SamplePad Pro | Assorted organs, accordions, other instruments

Did someone say Joe? Maybe this will help Randelph.

Now now now, I can't let a little guy like you outdo me, now can I? I need your throne. Besides, that Joe is OT. :laugh::evil::bang:

b-W1sicm-Vza-Xpl-Iiwx-NTAw-XSxb-Im1he-CJd-LFsid2-Ui-XV0.jpg