Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Lisa Coleman (Prince and The Revolution, film/TV scoring)

Just sharing an interview with Lisa Coleman talking about her approach to music and the endeavor to regroup her musical life after the loss of Prince. There are some insightful tidbits about both herself as well as Prince's genius that I hadn't personally known before...

https://www.musicradar.com/news/lisa-coleman-prince-would-just-use-a-preset-and-then-brighten-the-fk-out-of-it

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Saw this, compositionally some nice listening, very calming, ethereal stuff. The recording is nice, heavy use of reverb spaces, creative use of delays and some other DAW trickery abounds. Nothing flashy here, no pyrotechnics on the piano keyboard.

Here's the album on Bandcamp,

https://lisacoleman.bandcamp.com/album/collage

Yamaha CP88, Casio PX-560

From the music radar article:

Then hed try and stump the band. Hed do this thing where hed drop a handkerchief and when it hit the ground, wed have to hit a horn punch. So it was kind of crazy!

This is true and awesome. I saw a Prince show where he opened the show on solo piano. He was wearing a hat and at the end of his opening tune, he threw his hat into the air and the second the hat hit the ground the band started playing the next song.

Great interview and I really like the video. Lovely textures. So Prince fined musicians for clams like James Brown did? I was in a band like that. You got one warning. But damn, that band was one of the best I've ever played in. When your paycheck is on the line you tighten your shit up in a hurry.

9 Moog things, 3 Roland things, 2 Hammond things and a computer with stuff on it