Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

The Moog Museum opens

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh, my... My band plays the Orange Peel on July 12. Looks like I'm going to have to get to town early for a visit to the Moogseum.

(Which almost guarantees I'll be late for load-in.)

Live: Yamaha S70XS (#1); Roland Jupiter-80; Mackie 1202VLZ4: IEMs or Traynor K4

Home: Hammond SK Pro 73; Moog Minimoog Voyager Electric Blue; Yamaha S70XS (#2); Wurlitzer 200A

Oh, my... My band plays the Orange Peel on July 12. Looks like I'm going to have to get to town early for a visit to the Moogseum.

The Orange Peel is where Bob's memorial celebration was held. A great venue. Enjoy the gig and your trip to the Moogseum.

9 Moog things, 3 Roland things, 2 Hammond things and a computer with stuff on it

The Orange Peel is where Bob's memorial celebration was held. A great venue. Enjoy the gig and your trip to the Moogseum.

Thanks! We play there about once a year, but it always seems to be in the heat of the summer. The place isn't air-conditioned, which makes it tough on an old codger like me!

Live: Yamaha S70XS (#1); Roland Jupiter-80; Mackie 1202VLZ4: IEMs or Traynor K4

Home: Hammond SK Pro 73; Moog Minimoog Voyager Electric Blue; Yamaha S70XS (#2); Wurlitzer 200A

At the very least, we're thinking to head to the mountains this weekend to escape the beastly heat down here in the flatlands (I think I saw that we may set records). Unfortunately, we're not headed for Asheville this time, but maybe if I look all pitiful...

Grey

I'm not interested in someone's ability to program. I'm interested in their ability to compose and play.

If they want people to pronounce it "mogue" (which they seemed to the one time I was at the factory), calling it the "Moogseum" isn't exactly helping their cause.
:roll::thu:

"I'm so crazy, I don't know this is impossible! Hoo hoo!" - Daffy Duck

"The good news is that once you start piano you never have to worry about getting laid again. More time to practice!" - MOI

I spent several hours there going through the factory tour last time I was in Asheville (only a couple hours from Charlotte!). Brought the kids along - great experience!

Yamaha U1 Upright, Roland Fantom 8, Nord Stage 4 HA73, Nord Wave 2, Korg Nautilus 73, Viscount Legend Live, Lots of Mainstage/VST Libraries

Just so people know--the museum and the factory both have Broadway addresses but they are not on the same street.

Coming into downtown from the direction of the airport on 26, take the Merrimon Ave exit. If you want the museum, take a left at the light at the end of the ramp. That is actually Broadway, for the space of about six blocks. Look for the museum on your left before you pass Walnut.

If you want the factory, however, make the left on Broadway and then immediately a right on Woodfin, the first light. Go down the hill one block and make your first right on... Broadway. (Lexington changes its name to Broadway at that intersection but I don't remember what the street signs say.) Anyway, go back under 26 and you'll see the factory on your right.

You really can't miss it. :)