Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Forum status

I have good news. :boing:

It appears that we have struck an agreement with Future Music that will result in ownership and control of the forums being transferred to us. :cool:

This will allow us to migrate all the data safely and - finally - upgrade the forums to current standards.

We expect things to move pretty quickly. Stay tuned...

dB

:snax:

:keys:==> David Bryce Music • Funky Young Monks <==:rawk:

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

When you say "control...transferred to us", who is "us"?

"Us" is nominally a group of people who've contributed their time and efforts to starting, growing and keeping these forums alive and plan to continue to do so...

...but Jim Quinn and I are the ones who engineered this and are being handed the reins, so that means that the voice of the community will continue to be the driving force behind the direction of the forums, as it has been for so many years. :2thu:

dB

:snax:

:keys:==> David Bryce Music • Funky Young Monks <==:rawk:

Will this include the other musicplayer forums - lowdown, guitarplayer, etc?

Dan

Acoustic/Electric stringed instruments ranging from 4 to 230 strings, hammered, picked, fingered, slapped, and plucked. Analog and Digital Electronic instruments, reeds, and throat/mouth.

When you say "control...transferred to us", who is "us"?

"Us" is nominally a group of people who've contributed their time and efforts to starting, growing and keeping these forums alive and plan to continue to do so...

...but Jim Quinn and I are the ones who engineered this and are being handed the reins, so that means that the voice of the community will continue to be the driving force behind the direction of the forums, as it has been for so many years. :2thu:

dB

Great to hear, Dave. With you and Jim and the helm I've no doubt this can only be a good thing for the 'ol Keyboard Corner.

...but Jim Quinn and I are the ones who engineered this and are being handed the reins, so that means that the voice of the community will continue to be the driving force behind the direction of the forums, as it has been for so many years.

Thanks dB. It sounds like an amicable, bilateral declaration of independence! As well as very good news.

Cheers, Mike

Good news I guess, but another migration? My grandparents migrated from Europe to America. My parents migrated from the east coast to the west. I migrated back to the east coast, then west again.

I just need a few days notice before this happens so I can fatten up the yaks and cure dried meats for the long haul . . .

Gigging: Crumar Mojo 61, Hammond SKPro

Home: Vintage Vibe 64

Much appreciated! KC is about the last social arena online that (generally) doesn't include a battalion of trebuchets flinging dog jakes everywhere. All hail civility! :2thu:

"I want to be an intellectual, but I don't have the brainpower.
  The absent-mindedness, I've got that licked."
        ~ John Cleese