Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

The Big Photography Thread

Thanks xKnuckles! That 4th one was my favorite too, but only because it appealed to me the most and had the most clarity. Your description of why it was your favorite helped me understand more about that particular shot, so thank you for that!

PianoManChuck

Authorized reseller: Casio, Dexibell, Kurzweil, Nord, iLoud, Viscount

Keyboard Reviews +

• 1 month later...

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I haven't submitted any photos here recently. Hopefully this will compensate.... This video consists of quite a few of my bird photos, set to a soundtrack provided by my jazz trio. :)

[video:youtube]RZFjIwbMF7c

"Turn your fingers into a dust rag and keep them keys clean!" ;) Bluzeyone

• 1 year later...

Apalachicola Bay, Florida in June, 2003 around 6am. No photo/color manipulation.

http://a63.tinypic.com/1ttojm.jpg

The fact there's a Highway To Hell and only a Stairway To Heaven says a lot about anticipated traffic numbers

People only say "It's a free country" when they're doing something shitty-Demetri Martin

I arrived in a blue (old) one, but this was like the first serious electric Audi at least in Holland, and so I made a picture:

http://www.theover.org/Keybdmg/dsc007001b2.jpg

To get to all those wonderful locations, much better! The lighting is hard to get right, so this picture, even though taken at night, has a more "light" feel.

T.

• 2 weeks later...
I really dig your pics, Rich! Both as a Mechanical Engineer and a creative/photographer/artist, they are really interesting and appealing. :thu:

"I'm so crazy, I don't know this is impossible! Hoo hoo!" - Daffy Duck

"The good news is that once you start piano you never have to worry about getting laid again. More time to practice!" - MOI

Ooooh, I love em too, very nice, Rich!

Are any of you guys on Instagram? I know it might not be the serious photographer's first choice, but it lives on my phone and I'd like to check out you guys' profiles, if you have some.

My photo account is @schipprekt, should anyone be curious.

It's not a clone, it's a Suzuki.

5302_kenlee_2017-02-11_2218_joshuatree-treeandclouds-20sf8iso1250-1000px.jpg

Joshua Tree National Park, California at night.

Damn! Ken, your shots are AMAZING!

In the "strange but true" department: I just signed up here at the urging of a friend who wants me to play keyboards in his band (I'm a piano player for the most part). Never did I expect to make my first post in a Photography thread... But I know Ken Lee! Or more specifically, I know OF Ken Lee. We know a lot of the same people... He's very highly respected among night photographers!

I really dig your pics, Rich! Both as a Mechanical Engineer and a creative/photographer/artist, they are really interesting and appealing. :thu:
Thanks Joe, that means a lot! I've managed to find my photography niche over the last few years and it is great to find that it resonates with people.

Ooooh, I love em too, very nice, Rich!

Are any of you guys on Instagram? I know it might not be the serious photographer's first choice, but it lives on my phone and I'd like to check out you guys' profiles, if you have some.

My photo account is @schipprekt, should anyone be curious.

Thanks Mo! I'd actually say having an instagram is actually pretty important if you're serious photographer these days, it might actually be the largest photography-centered platform out there. I just gave you a follow, love the minimalist/abstract/architectural vibe you have going on. You can find me in instagram with the same handle here on KC, @richiep_meche.

I kind of like "photos" by lack of a better description of an angle that isn't in every way digital or a consequence of standard digital manipulation. Also, I don't tolerate drawing in my images, everything must come from preferably accurate image processing.

So I took this HDR image of a piece of Holland's biggest lake yesterday, and tried to do no more than pictures would reflect:

http://www.theover.org/Keybdmg/Pictures/DSC_0155-01.jpeg

T

• 1 month later...
5302_kenlee_2017-02-11_2218_joshuatree-treeandclouds-20sf8iso1250-1000px.jpg

Joshua Tree National Park, California at night.

Damn! Ken, your shots are AMAZING!

In the "strange but true" department: I just signed up here at the urging of a friend who wants me to play keyboards in his band (I'm a piano player for the most part). Never did I expect to make my first post in a Photography thread... But I know Ken Lee! Or more specifically, I know OF Ken Lee. We know a lot of the same people... He's very highly respected among night photographers!

Wow, you are too kind! Thank you very much!! And coming from a baseball great like you, that definitely means a lot!!!

In a similar vein:

PKEXZ5.jpg

I photographed the Dixie Inn three months ago. Among night photographers, especially ones on the West Coast, the Dixie Inn is one of those iconic "must-photograph" sites, along with the famous Roy's sign in Amboy, CA.

Do you happen to know who photographed this? There's a very good chance I know the person!

3659_kenlee_night-newberry-springs_190518_2105_2mf8iso400_abandoned-buried-house-sand-2048px.png

The Mojave Desert version of Kolmanskop in Namibia, with homes reclaimed by the desert, forcing people to abandon their homes as they filled with sand. I explored part of the area on a warm cloudy evening with heavy winds, carrying the voices of those who felt the inevitability of encroaching sand dunes. The homes had me reflecting on how they must have felt, putting mine into perspective more. I lit this scene with a handheld ProtoMachines LED2 flashlight from several different angles during the long exposure. Thanks for looking.