Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Behringer DS-80

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

She is pretty!

Still eagerly awaiting the 808 and Odyssey clones. Then there's the OB. Oh, they also dropped prices on Neutron and Model D. Damn...so much!

And supposedly they were looking into cloning the Jupiter 8. Does the potential of Behringer bringing any of these to production make you hesitate buying anything now?

Does the potential of Behringer bringing any of these to production make you hesitate buying anything now?

Me for sure. I was discussing this with another forum member while enjoying a few pints this past Saturday evening.

:nopity:

Unlike other images of updated CS-80s posted online, this one will eventually get built - which sets it apart. Of course it's hype - but fascinating hype. I'm all in.

It will eventually get built?

Have they built an OBXa clone yet? Weren't they "eventually" going to build it two years ago?

By all means, expend your time & energy getting hyped up over vaporware and rendered images.

Unlike other images of updated CS-80s posted online, this one will eventually get built - which sets it apart. Of course it's hype - but fascinating hype. I'm all in.

It will eventually get built?

Have they built an OBXa clone yet? Weren't they "eventually" going to build it two years ago?

By all means, expend your time & energy getting hyped up over vaporware and rendered images.

[video:youtube]

When the dust settles on this one, if it ever does, one of two things will happen:

1) It will be an astounding remake, which people will embrace with unanticipated glee or

2) it will be closer to 3 dead whales rotting on a beach and people will scream and pull at their hair in the aftermath. No middle ground seems possible.

I lean towards #2, but full disclosure, I am a GAS-sy old proghead who plays that 9-note theme from "Olias of Sunhillow" in music stores to see if anyone notices. :D

"I want to be an intellectual, but I don't have the brainpower.
  The absent-mindedness, I've got that licked."
        ~ John Cleese

it will be closer to 3 dead whales rotting on a beach

There's a picture. :sick:

I am a GAS-sy old proghead who plays that 9-note theme from "Olias of Sunhillow" in music stores to see if anyone notices.

Wow... I haven't listened to that album in ages. Have it on vinyl somewhere.

When an eel hits your eye like a big pizza pie, that's a Moray.

If Behringer goes to the trouble of actually recreating the CS-80 oscillators, this could be a real winner. That, and a PolyAT keyboard is an absolute MUST, and Im not saying that just because Im a PolyAT fanatic.

In the meantime, I really want to see Behringer clone a Jupiter 8...

Does the potential of Behringer bringing any of these to production make you hesitate buying anything now?

Me for sure. I was discussing this with another forum member while enjoying a few pints this past Saturday evening.

Not to mention a nice bottle of Shiraz, compliments of our Australian connection :2thu::wave:.

Btw I wouldn't take too seriously the opinion of some guy constantly opening up synths, feeling around and then licking his fingers for some reason. :puff::roll: