Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Surprise! Grrrlfriend got tickets for Allman Betts Band

Hey! Elizabeth- "Caev's Grrrl" here 'bouts- surprised me with tickets to catch the Allman Betts Band, with Jane Lee Hooker! How cool izzatt?!

Ask yourself- What Would Ren and Stimpy Do?

~ Caevan James-Michael Miller-O'Shite ~

_ ___ _ Leprechaun, Esquire _ ___ _

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1. Is the Allman Brothers band defunct?

They are, after a very long, very good run of it.

I remember hearing them when I was seven years old, standing under the pines in our back yard, their strange music floating over the wooded hills behind us, as they played at the Summer Jam Festival in '73.

Now, this, the Allman Betts Band, is the collaborative band effort of Devon Allman and Duane Betts, the Sons of Gregg Allman and Dickey Betts, respectively.

2. How's that hollow body axe working out for you? Are you lovin' it?

Uuuhhmn... I had an extremely negative, multi-step customer service and support experience with sh!t store Big Apple Music; so much so that, due largely to my bad feelings about that (but also sympathetic buzz-noise issues), the guitar has remained in its case for around a year now and I've only recently been allowing notions of possibly getting it out and restringing it, and considering a replacement bridge for it, to meander through my tiny mind (aaah, the original micro-processor ;) )... When I get around to all of that, it'll then be a question of, 'flat wounds, or "Jazz Round Wounds" from Thomastic-Infeld"... ?' And you'll be among the very first I'll tell about that!

Should be a great show. I will be interested to hear what you think of Jane Lee Hooker.

I'm looking forward to it! And I will definitely tell you all about them, and Allman Betts.

Have fun Caevan and report back with a review! :cool:

Will do on both counts!

Ask yourself- What Would Ren and Stimpy Do?

~ Caevan James-Michael Miller-O'Shite ~

_ ___ _ Leprechaun, Esquire _ ___ _

Should be a good time. But cripes!

SEVEN years old in the summer of '73?

Hell. I was busy moving me, my first wife and first daughter into our FIRST HOUSE that summer! :o:eek:

;)

Whitefang

I started out with NOTHING...and I still have most of it left!

Why? We're already dealing with a world with no ALLMAN BROTHERS!

Anyway.... And a cue from my just posted entry in "Tribute Bands",.....

Drummer Louis Hayes heads up an ensemble he calls The Cannonball Adderly LEGACY band. ;) The band plays a lot of Cannonball's known pieces and arrangements, and too, includes a few Cannonball alumnus, and surely there's at least a COUPLE of guys left from the original Allman Brothers band to put together a "legacy" band, eh? ;)

Whitefang

I started out with NOTHING...and I still have most of it left!

• 5 weeks later...
Caev,

I'm not sure if I'm prepared to live in a world with NO Allman Bros. Band.

I'll hold my tongue on the new generation cats til I'm sure but of the old cats, there's only J Johnny & what's left of Betts (he's not in good shape).

:(

d=halfnote