Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

This past Saturday's gig reminded me why I love this

Played at a new venue. Big, beautiful outdoor amphitheater type stage.

Huge crowd that shared the love. A wonderful staff and crew. All made for an unforgettable gig.

The following pics and short video snippet were all shared with us from fans.

After all these years, I still get the goosebumps.

I know for the touring pros here this is old hat, but to this day job geek, nothing beats this!

Soundcheck

l8MZLa.jpg

Look at all those people out there

KiLtV6.jpg

They like us :)

CDrSza.jpg

Lighting up the night with us

[video:youtube]

David

Gig Rig:Casio Privia PX-5S | Yamaha MODX+ 6 | MacBook Pro 14" M1| Mainstage

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Never should be taken for granted! Who runs your lights?

The entire production is provided by the venue at this place.

Monitors, FOH and Lights all house managed.

David

Lotta acreage on that stage! The video clip sounds very good. Did you lower the key? Wouldn't blame you at all if you did, just curious.

Gigging: Crumar Mojo 61, Hammond SKPro

Home: Vintage Vibe 64

When we have a weekend of 3 shows in a row, we usually go down 1/2 step.

That and our lead singer had a spinal fusion surgery a couple months ago, in which they went in thru the front and had to push his vocal chords over out of the way.... scary stuff.

Side note: My Mainstage and GigPerformer concerts each have two versions. One in A440, and the other in A415.3

Before a show, we ask the singer how he's doing, and I load the appropriate concert file.

David

Thanks for the nice comments all.

For this gig I used:

PX5S

Komplete Kontrol S61 MK2

Gig Performer

Synths were all Arturia: Prophet V, Jup8, Mini V

Pianos were all PianoTeq 6 Steinway D running thru iKMultimedia T-racks-5 Classic EQ, and Blue Cat Audio Chorus

iConnectivity Audio 4+ was my interface

2012 Macbook Pro 16gb running High Sierra

David

Wow too bad I was gigging and couldn't make it Saturday. But you all rocked in Friday night out in Plano. The band was great!!!!
Montage 7, Mojo 61, PC-3, XK-3c Pro, Kronos 88, Hammond SK-1, Motif XF- 7, Hammond SK-2, Roland FR-1, FR-18, Hammond B3 - Blond, Hammond BV -Cherry

Wow too bad I was gigging and couldn't make it Saturday. But you all rocked in Friday night out in Plano. The band was great!!!!

Thank you!! It was good seeing you Friday. The stage in Mansfield is obviously much better than the "bounce house" we played on in Plano :)

David

Looks like a great venue and the FOH had you right where youre suppose to be.

Sounded great.

Usually you never hear bass but because the vocals were on top, with the snare, keys and guitar right under Im assuming the chap had kick and bass dialed in too.

These ipads and phones do a decent job of 260 to 10k.

Magnus C350 + FMR RNP + Realistic Unisphere Mic

I was surprised how well this person's iPhone captured the audio.

The sound crew was first rate.

Yep, both kicks, snare, etc.. dialed in perfectly. As well as the bass.

Here's my drummist

EZA5EC.jpg

Thank you very much!

David

Sounds great as always!

You know, if you were still using the Kronos you could just save 2 identical setlists with one tuned down :wave:

Dan

Acoustic/Electric stringed instruments ranging from 4 to 230 strings, hammered, picked, fingered, slapped, and plucked. Analog and Digital Electronic instruments, reeds, and throat/mouth.

Sounds great as always!

You know, if you were still using the Kronos you could just save 2 identical setlists with one tuned down :wave:

Thanks Dan!

yeah yeah... but it's really the same with having two Mainstage concerts saved :)

David

Sounds great as always!

Thanks Dan!

yeah yeah... but it's really the same with having two Mainstage concerts saved :)

I followed your migration and have taken interest. I especially think it makes a ton of sense for gigs where you have to travel, in a previous band we had an opportunity to play some gigs in Vegas, but with as tied as I was to my hardware rig, not to mention our drummer's electric drums and our IEM system (early in the years of such things), we declined. That would be so much more feasible with something like a mainstage rig and modern digital mixers.

Dan

Acoustic/Electric stringed instruments ranging from 4 to 230 strings, hammered, picked, fingered, slapped, and plucked. Analog and Digital Electronic instruments, reeds, and throat/mouth.

Sounds great as always!

Thanks Dan!

I followed your migration and have taken interest. I especially think it makes a ton of sense for gigs where you have to travel, That would be so much more feasible with something like a mainstage rig and modern digital mixers.

This is where it is really nice. On some very long distance gigs that provide backline, I just bring my Macbook, Audio 4+ and FC7 pedal in my backpack.

Show up, plug in, and go.

I have pretty much moved all the way over to Gigperformer now. Especially since I rely so heavily on non-Mainstage sounds.

David

Man, I miss doing those shows! I agree, greatest feeling ever. You and your band sounded AWESOME. Thanks for sharing.

Yamaha C2, Yamaha MODX7, Hammond SK1, Hammond XK-5 Heritage Pro System, Korg Kronos 2 61, Yamaha CP4, Kurzweil PC4-7, Nord Stage 3 73, Nord Wave 2, QSC 8.2, Motion Sound KP 210S,  Key Largo, etc…yeah I have too much…

I've been lucky enough to see David's band twice and they kicked ass both times. I believe they have an upcoming show on July 11 at one of those venues and I'm hoping to catch them again. :thu:

You cool with that, David? :cool:

"I'm so crazy, I don't know this is impossible! Hoo hoo!" - Daffy Duck

"The good news is that once you start piano you never have to worry about getting laid again. More time to practice!" - MOI

I've been lucky enough to see David's band twice and they kicked ass both times. I believe they have an upcoming show on July 11 at one of those venues and I'm hoping to catch them again. :thu:

You cool with that, David? :cool:

Thank you.

Always Joe!! Dosey Doe coming up soon. Very cool venue

David