Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Microphone keyboard clamp

Hi all, looking for some kind of way to attach a microphone to my upper tier keyboard. Have an Ultimate support ax48 stand (old version, so their new microphone attachment doesn't work), and have given up hunting for the original attachment part (if anyone has one to sell, let me know :-)).

So I have been looking at keyboard mic clamps to attach to my keyboard (Virus ti) Seem to be plenty of ones for attaching a mic to a guitar amp, but the clamp size isn't small enough for my needs, whilst other 'table clamp' microphone options are too small to fit over the Virus' chassis.

Any options or ideas I might have missed?

Oli

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Did you check directly with Ultimate?

I have one but you'd have to pry it from my cold dead hands. Looks to me like, if you're handy, and could find a 5/8" DIA solid mic stand attachment, you could notch it out with an angle grinder to fit the mount. Do you have the mounting receptacle on your upper tier and just need the boom?

Dan

Acoustic/Electric stringed instruments ranging from 4 to 230 strings, hammered, picked, fingered, slapped, and plucked. Analog and Digital Electronic instruments, reeds, and throat/mouth.

Looked through US's website, and could see nothing, assumed that it was an old product it would not be available?

As far as I can see, i don't have the mounting receptacle on my stand (I presume you mean the small additional piece to the support clamp which allows you to add a mic stand?) so need the whole construction. And definitely don't have the diy skills to make my own version :-(

Only reason I suggested contacting Ultimate is because in the past I've contacted support and they've sent me replacement parts. They have really great support. Now that's been many years ago so it may be long enough that parts have been depleted.

Dan

Acoustic/Electric stringed instruments ranging from 4 to 230 strings, hammered, picked, fingered, slapped, and plucked. Analog and Digital Electronic instruments, reeds, and throat/mouth.

If you are handy, amazing things can be done :) I am not, but our bass player is...he took one look at my spider pro stand--I've had ongoing issues with their mic adapter mount and my feeble attempts to fix things haven't really improved matters--and immediately offered several alternative suggestions, including cutting a metal plate out to replace the top entirely. Suffice it to say that would be beyond me.

He gigs with a bass amp he made out of a kick drum, so he's pretty good with tools!

Try to find someone like that if possible! :)

I made an adapter to connect a mic boom to my keyboard stand a number of years ago. Unfortunately, I didn't include any acoustic isolation in the design so the vibrations from playing the keyboards made all kinds of noise in the mic.

I may have been able to design a solution to the issue, but in the end, it was easier to just carry a mic stand.

My Big Live Rig:

Nord Stage 3 Compact

StudioLogic SL88 Grand

The CAT by Octave

Hohner Melodica

Leslie 145

Silverface Bassman 70 -> Custom 2x10 cabinet

2 - QSC K8.2

Thanks for the input everyone, some good thoughts.

I will check out Gibraltar (good idea) and contact US themselves.

@wjones that is a good point about the vibrations from playing going through to the mic, I hadn't thought of that issue, so thank you for raising it.