Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Return of the Mall Piano Store

I wonder if somebody from Steinway saw a Tesla store in a mall and followed with a similar strategy... while a single store might or might not be profitable in itself, it might still be beneficial to the company branding overall if it's in the right place.

Fran

Actually, I think they took Nord's Lead :o

merlin_134769252_551d47af-34cb-4ff0-9c2f-a2f37df2828b-articleLarge.jpg

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Not all malls are dead. It seems that in wealthier+dense demographics, the luxury brand mall is thriving. West Palm Beach is 90 minutes away -- when the adult kids are visiting, they insist we visit. The place is always full.

No piano/organ store in it (yet) but it wouldn't surprise me in the least. The formula there would be to handle the under-represented luxury brands, as there are several (good) dealers in town.

Want to make your band better?  Check out "A Guide To Starting (Or Improving!) Your Own Local Band"

I remember the mall piano store near me back in 74'. They had a Minimoog and Moog Sonic Six amongst all the pianos and organs. Being a broke 16 year old back then, I could only dream of owning either of those.

Back when I was a kid there weren't Malls yet, but had big shopping centers and there was a organ store. One of my old buddies from high school the official Jazz guy was so happy he got a job there after he graduated. We'd go up there to say hi and he'd be in a suit and playing all sorts of boring pop and a touch of classical when there were real customers in the store. When real customers would leave he'd tear into some Jimmy Smith.

He was good and all the organ sales staff liked he so he was there for a few years before getting a gig heading out on the road and never heard from again.