Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

A Mac Book computer ad in 2019? About music production?

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I guess it is.

I saw a quick photo of David Bowie.

Thats the limit of my facial recognition on the ad

Why fit in, when you were born to stand out ?

My Soundcloud with many originals:

[70's Songwriter]

Slowing phone sales and restless investors might have them remembering they have other departments again.

publicly traded co's are known for a short term attitude- the contest for better quarterly results. Whatever it takes.

Why fit in, when you were born to stand out ?

My Soundcloud with many originals:

[70's Songwriter]

Slowing phone sales and restless investors might have them remembering they have other departments again.

Sadly that is what drives release schedules these days. When I got working for the big name software publishers the engineering departments were the ones to set schedules, so nothing went out until everything done and fully tested.

Then the Marketing department got control of release schedule and their focus was on advertising checklist features being done and releasing date based on selling seasons or big trade shows. So then engineering targets were be juggled based on market feature needs and testing being cut down lucky if one full-functional test was done before release.

Then everything got screwed the bean counters (Accounting department) got control of release schedules. Bean counters didn't give a dam about engineering and only a little about Marketing it was all about quarterly numbers that would effect stock market. Engineer was getting burned out with crazy schedules, and testing was minimal at best. The full functional test started get schedules AFTER the release date for software. Hence why so many would say don't by .0 releases. One very large company I worked for twice release new versions of our software with over a 1000 known bugs on release. Now most the bugs were minor like cosmetic bugs, but a few serious bugs not officially considered show-stoppers. Because of manufacturing lead time issue we started have bug fixes finished before a product officially released, but had to keep quiet about it to even beta testers.

Another big company I worked for released with over 5000 known bugs and many were serious bugs. Again because of manufacting lead time we had a lot of those bugs fixed by release. So a few weeks after release we had a big bug fix with over a 1000 bug fixes. One really stupid guy in Marketing thought it was a great thing to tell the press we just put out a patch with a 1000 bug fixes. JERK you don't tell people we fixed a 1000 bugs because then they wonder how many bugs are there and why did they release if product was so buggy.

I never worked for Microsoft almost did but I had to decline at the time. Now what I heard they did a couple times is their bean counters wanted releases by a certain date to make the stock market happy. So what they did instead of releasing a buggy product they officially released the product, but only shipped a few copies to relatives. So technical the product was out and accounting could do their thing, then they shipped in mass to the public a month or so later.

So when new software is screwed up, blame the accounting department it's probably their fault for forcing stuff out the door.

I have more issue with their recent hardware. The 2016 macbook pro I "inherited" from my wife when she preferred her imac is almost unusable without an external mouse and keyboard. Fortunately I use it as a desktop and do just that. The trackpad is super awkward and causes typos when my palm brushes it because it's too big, two keys don't work properly and it just feels like a non-responsive slab of metal. I guess they had 10-year-old children with tiny hands for testers.

I call their laptop dept the Cult of Slim. I guess those business flyers need to shave off a few ounces as they use their spindly arms to tote their macbook pros they use for spreadsheets and web surfing around. So much for audio and video pros.

publicly traded co's are known for a short term attitude- the contest for better quarterly results. Whatever it takes.

Really? Apple?

"I'm so crazy, I don't know this is impossible! Hoo hoo!" - Daffy Duck

"The good news is that once you start piano you never have to worry about getting laid again. More time to practice!" - MOI