Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Park Road Post Production

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Um...I thought Frank Lloyd Wright was dead. Who designed that building?

Most likely... Frank Lloyd Wright. That building has probably been there for 100 years.

When an eel hits your eye like a big pizza pie, that's a Moray.

Um...I thought Frank Lloyd Wright was dead. Who designed that building?

Most likely... Frank Lloyd Wright. That building has probably been there for 100 years.

Their website says, "Park Road Post Production is an internationally renowned purpose-built facility, providing award-winning sound and picture finishing alongside industry-leading development of digital workflows. Completed in 2002 in time to deliver the final mix on Peter Jacksons The Lord of the Rings: Return of the King..."

"Completed in 2002" seems to me to indicate something more recent. True, I suppose that they might mean that they completed refurbishing an empty shell, but then there's "purpose-built," which tends to mean a ground-up build.

Grey

I'm not interested in someone's ability to program. I'm interested in their ability to compose and play.

"Completed in 2002" seems to me to indicate something more recent. True, I suppose that they might mean that they completed refurbishing an empty shell, but then there's "purpose-built," which tends to mean a ground-up build.

They acquired that building from the former National Film Unit, which was "a state-owned film-production organisation originally based in Miramar, New Zealand. Founded in 1936 when the government took over a private film studio..."

When an eel hits your eye like a big pizza pie, that's a Moray.

The place was unreal. Gorgeous architecture, beautiful art everywhere, Peter Jackson's private collection of memorabilia and James Bond movie posters on display - pretty much what you'd expect.

Spent a bunch of time talking to one of the colorists working on restoring Peter's second film, but spent the most time talking to Mike Hedges in the big score mixing room. Fascinating...

Also got to see the Mortal Engines trailer and the Dolby Visioon demo reel in their big theatre.

The Foley guy had a big ol' bucket of gold coins that the used in the Erebor scenes in the Hobbit movies. They let us take some as souvenirs. Neither Smaug nor Thorin would have approved...

q8aejZo.jpg

dB

:snax:

:keys:==> David Bryce Music • Funky Young Monks <==:rawk: