Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Camelot Pro - Releases 12 December: (The Mainstage for iOS?)

Just a bump to report Ive finally picked up Camelot Pro iOS and am having an issue loading iFretless Bass which causes Camelot to immediately crash. Both apps support people have been quick to respond, so I assume this will be resolved soon.

Here for the gear.

• 3 months later...

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just got this email:

Camelot 1.0.4. is finally available with an awesome price!

The Early Adopter Promo is valid until May 31 with a special offer price, 18.99 USD or 20.99 EUR for iOS version and 99 USD/EUR for Desktop version (macOS and Windows).

We have now an improved plugin scan manager and host, where you are allowed to select more than one folder for VST and VST3 plugins.

The Hardware instruments features are growing, with the possibility to assign a default custom controls set for each brand device. MIDI Remote Control has added Attachments Page Up & Page Down, Advance, Reverse.

Further than access Virus TI, we have added new instruments Smart maps:

Korg Triton Rack

Nord Lead 4R

Nord Lead A1R

Behringer X32

Behringer XAir

Yamaha MOXF

Yamaha Reface YC

FIXES

But thats not all, Camelot 1.0.4. provides many fixes: overall stability and plugin scan.

We have also fixed Roland Integra 7 StudioSet preset name retrieval issues and Device ID numbering, Roland FA Device ID numbering and Yamaha Motif XF preset names retrieval issues.

There has been an improved Mute and Solo behavior and a Simplification of Multi Part MIDI Items.

As regards Global Settings we have improved Look & Feel and UI, reliability when connect and disconnect MIDI ports and Tempo Sync crash under some circumstances.

Hurry up, after May 31, Camelot will be 28.99 USD or 31.99 EUR for iOS version and 149 USD/EUR for Desktop version!

The fact there's a Highway To Hell and only a Stairway To Heaven says a lot about anticipated traffic numbers

People only say "It's a free country" when they're doing something shitty-Demetri Martin

I also received a response to a question to tech support:

As for audio and MIDI sequences support (and other features), they are planned with the addition of the "Audio" module. It will be released in a few months.

The fact there's a Highway To Hell and only a Stairway To Heaven says a lot about anticipated traffic numbers

People only say "It's a free country" when they're doing something shitty-Demetri Martin

I was back and forth with Camelot service and counterparts from Ravenscroft and iFretless, did a lot of research on my own and got to the bottom of the problem which pointed to Camelot being unable to stabilize bit rate mismatches when loading various iOS AUv3, causing crashes.

Another problem with Camelot iOS is that it doesnt do InterApp Audio, something theyve said is coming, but isnt documented in this update either.

Meanwhile, I found Kymatica AUM, which does everything I want it to do - and a whole lot more - with a beautiful, intuitive and stable GUI.

Looking back, Camelot seems clunky and problematic in comparison and I see no reason to even try this update.

Here for the gear.

• 6 months later...

Hello,

So sorry to resurrect old thread, but I'm fishing for some experiences with these few contenders for "Mainstage on an iPad" there are in the market. So far, it seems that AUM, Camelot and iMIDIPatchbay are possible candidates.

As I am (still) not using and of the iOS synths in my daily business, I am actually looking for a tool to send program change to my two MIDI capable synths. I would need something like setlists, and within each lists songs with sections, such are intro, verse, refrain and similar.

In the future, I would like to use some iOS arpeggiator to control one of the synths, but that is far off.

So, out of these three - AUM, Camelot and iMIDIPatchbay, what are your experiences?

Thanks!

Hello,

So sorry to resurrect old thread, but I'm fishing for some experiences with these few contenders for "Mainstage on an iPad" there are in the market. So far, it seems that AUM, Camelot and iMIDIPatchbay are possible candidates.

As I am (still) not using and of the iOS synths in my daily business, I am actually looking for a tool to send program change to my two MIDI capable synths. I would need something like setlists, and within each lists songs with sections, such are intro, verse, refrain and similar.

In the future, I would like to use some iOS arpeggiator to control one of the synths, but that is far off.

So, out of these three - AUM, Camelot and iMIDIPatchbay, what are your experiences?

Thanks!

KeyStage should also be on your list.

Definitely look at KeyStage. It does exactly what you want, even with the free lite version (which supports two keyboards). I"ve used it live twice with only one board, but have had no issues. Here are two screenshots from one gig:

6812-A4-C4-5087-46-EA-8-E7-E-955-FF3-B8-E93-E.png

64-B941-BD-53-D8-4-C6-D-8756-DDC6323-C63-F6.png

Yamaha: Motif XF8, MODX7, YS200, CVP-305, CLP-130, YPG-235, PSR-295, PSS-470 | Roland: Fantom 7, JV-1000

Kurzweil: PC3-76, PC4 (88) | Hammond: SK Pro 73 | Korg: Triton LE 76, N1R, X5DR | Emu: Proteus/1 | Casio: CT-370 | Novation: Launchkey 37 MK3 | Technics: WSA1R

Former: Emu Proformance Plus & Mo'Phatt, Korg Krome 61, Roland Fantom XR & JV-1010, Yamaha MX61, Behringer CAT

Assorted electric & acoustic guitars and electric basses | Roland TD-17 KVX | Alesis SamplePad Pro | Assorted organs, accordions, other instruments

Just took the plunge. Snapped up Camelot Pro iOS yesterday. Haven't had a chance to mess with it yet, and am perfectly satisfied with KeyStage, but for $19.99, why not?

Yamaha: Motif XF8, MODX7, YS200, CVP-305, CLP-130, YPG-235, PSR-295, PSS-470 | Roland: Fantom 7, JV-1000

Kurzweil: PC3-76, PC4 (88) | Hammond: SK Pro 73 | Korg: Triton LE 76, N1R, X5DR | Emu: Proteus/1 | Casio: CT-370 | Novation: Launchkey 37 MK3 | Technics: WSA1R

Former: Emu Proformance Plus & Mo'Phatt, Korg Krome 61, Roland Fantom XR & JV-1010, Yamaha MX61, Behringer CAT

Assorted electric & acoustic guitars and electric basses | Roland TD-17 KVX | Alesis SamplePad Pro | Assorted organs, accordions, other instruments

I have very high hopes for Camelot, both on iOS and Mac. Their snapshot workflow is pretty much exactly what I've built into my MainStage concerts by use of a homebuilt Max/MSP midi router. However, the only thing that prevents it from being ready for primetime (in my book) is the lack of insert effects. This is such an obvious omission that I'm pretty sure it's going to get addressed within the next 6 months or so. In the meantime, the few Camelot projects I've made use combo hosts like Plogue in order to load effects. Audio Modeling is a fantastic company. If I wasn't already 7 years into my MainStage projects, I would see this as a very serious contender. The moment they add effects, it will surpass MainStage in workflow design. I see a very bright future for this software.

Puck Funk! :)

Equipment: Laptop running lots of nerdy software, some keyboards, noise makersâ¦yada yada yadaâ¦maybe a cat?

Reading this thread again, I"ve checked out the latest version updates on the App Store and re-loaded Camelot for the third time. It certainly appears they"ve been working hard on improvements and streamlining. Will give it a try to see if those sample rate mismatches are stabilized. I guess IAA won"t be an issue going forward as Apple"s dropping it in the near future anyway (was hoping to eventually mix n match AUV3 apps with Module).

Here for the gear.

I have very high hopes for Camelot, both on iOS and Mac. Their snapshot workflow is pretty much exactly what I've built into my MainStage concerts by use of a homebuilt Max/MSP midi router.

On Mac, one of the big plusses people mention about Gig Performer is more efficient CPU usage. Do you have any idea how Camelot Pro would compare in this respect?

Maybe this is the best place for a shameless plug! Our now not-so-new new video at https://youtu.be/3ZRC3b4p4EI is a 40 minute adaptation of T. S. Eliot's "Prufrock" - check it out! And hopefully I'll have something new here this year. ;-)

AUM is not really a contender on this list, nor is apeMatrix. They're much more for music production than setlist-based live performance, and they lack a lot of the convenience features you'd find in KeyStage or Camelot Pro.

Dr. Mike Metlay (PhD in nuclear physics, golly gosh) :D

Musician, Author, Editor, Educator, Impresario, Online Radio Guy, Cut-Rate Polymath, and Kindly Pedant

Editor-in-Chief, Bjooks ~ Author of SYNTH GEMS 1

clicky!:  more about me ~ my radio station (and my fam) ~ my local tribe ~ my day job ~ my bookmy music

• 1 month later...

Bringing this thread back to the forefront ...

I just picked up a Yamaha MODX7 and received a 40% discount for the full Mac/PC version (normally $149). The iOS version for the iPad is $28.95.

For those of you who may have played with this (I'm perusing YouTube videos and tutorials as I write this) what are the differences between the iOS version

and the full Mac/PC versions? It seems that the iOS verison only plays with AUv3 plugins, whereas the Mac/PC version runs any VST or AU.

I've been using MainStage for several years and am happy with that, but wonder if there are things that Camelot Pro has that MainStage doesn't. Thanks in advance!

Hardware:
Yamaha
: MODX7 | Korg: Kronos 88, Wavestate | ASM: Hydrasynth Deluxe | Roland: Jupiter-Xm, Cloud Pro, TD-9K V-Drums | Alesis: StrikePad Pro|
Behringer: Crave, Poly D, XR-18, RX1602 | CPS: SpaceStation SSv2 | 
Controllers: ROLI RISE 49 | Arturia KeyLab Essentials 88, KeyLab 61, MiniLab | M-Audio KeyStation 88 & 49 | Akai EWI USB |
Novation LaunchPad Mini, |
Guitars & Such: Line 6 Variax, Helix LT, POD X3 Live, Martin Acoustic, DG Strat Copy, LP Sunburst Copy, Natural Tele Copy|
Squier Precision 5-String Bass | Mandolin | Banjo | Ukulele

Software:
Recording
: MacBook Pro | Mac Mini | Logic Pro X | Mainstage | Cubase Pro 12 | Ableton Live 11 | Monitors: M-Audio BX8 | Presonus Eris 3.5BT Monitors | Slate Digital VSX Headphones & ML-1 Mic | Behringer XR-18 & RX1602 Mixers | Beyerdynamics DT-770 & DT-240
Arturia: V-Collection 9 | Native Instruments: Komplete 1 Standard | Spectrasonics: Omnisphere 2, Keyscape, Trilian | Korg: Legacy Collection 4 | Roland: Cloud Pro | GForce: Most all of their plugins | u-he: Diva, Hive 2, Repro, Zebra Legacy | AAS: Most of their VSTs |
IK Multimedia: SampleTank 4 Max, Sonik Synth, MODO Drums & Bass | Cherry Audio: Most of their VSTs |

I just picked up a Yamaha MODX7

If there"s already a thread on the MODX7 please add to it with your impressions. I"m especially interested in the keybed quality. Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...

I just picked up a Yamaha MODX7

If there"s already a thread on the MODX7 please add to it with your impressions. I"m especially interested in the keybed quality. Thanks.

I did add some thoughts over on the MODX thread which was up to 24 pages now I think. Regarding the keybed quality, I traded in a MOXF6 which I have been using for 3-4 years.

I would compare the keybeds as being very similar. I like the MODX a litttle better in that it feels "tighter" than the MOXF did. The MOXF was a clanky keybed with a cheap feel to it.

It never let me down mind you, but it did leave me missing my Motif ES6 keybed (with aftertouch of course). I grew accustomed to it and adjusted to it and even grew to like it somewhat.

I posted in the MODX thread early on that I had stopped in to GC and tried both the MODX8 and MODX6, I made a comparison that the keybed on the MODX8 felt like an old DGX-500

I owned a long time ago and was a bit "looser" than the MOXF8 which I thought was "mushy" as hell. It was an improvement but I learned on organ and have never been one of those

players that "has to have" an action that feels like a real piano. The MODX7 will be fine and hopefully serve my needs well. Hope that was of some help to you!

Hardware:
Yamaha
: MODX7 | Korg: Kronos 88, Wavestate | ASM: Hydrasynth Deluxe | Roland: Jupiter-Xm, Cloud Pro, TD-9K V-Drums | Alesis: StrikePad Pro|
Behringer: Crave, Poly D, XR-18, RX1602 | CPS: SpaceStation SSv2 | 
Controllers: ROLI RISE 49 | Arturia KeyLab Essentials 88, KeyLab 61, MiniLab | M-Audio KeyStation 88 & 49 | Akai EWI USB |
Novation LaunchPad Mini, |
Guitars & Such: Line 6 Variax, Helix LT, POD X3 Live, Martin Acoustic, DG Strat Copy, LP Sunburst Copy, Natural Tele Copy|
Squier Precision 5-String Bass | Mandolin | Banjo | Ukulele

Software:
Recording
: MacBook Pro | Mac Mini | Logic Pro X | Mainstage | Cubase Pro 12 | Ableton Live 11 | Monitors: M-Audio BX8 | Presonus Eris 3.5BT Monitors | Slate Digital VSX Headphones & ML-1 Mic | Behringer XR-18 & RX1602 Mixers | Beyerdynamics DT-770 & DT-240
Arturia: V-Collection 9 | Native Instruments: Komplete 1 Standard | Spectrasonics: Omnisphere 2, Keyscape, Trilian | Korg: Legacy Collection 4 | Roland: Cloud Pro | GForce: Most all of their plugins | u-he: Diva, Hive 2, Repro, Zebra Legacy | AAS: Most of their VSTs |
IK Multimedia: SampleTank 4 Max, Sonik Synth, MODO Drums & Bass | Cherry Audio: Most of their VSTs |

• 3 months later...

Just got an email about a new update. Camelot v2.0 is out.

CAMELOT ROADMAP

We have announced new features at NAMM Show 2020, but considering that almost all of the live performances are unfortunately suspended by the COVID-19 crisis, we decided to spend a little more time on that, and work harder to release a richer v2.0 upgrade with new modules and features. This major release will be available in the summer 2020. Just to mention only few v2.0 features:

Timeline and Automation module with multi channel Audio Backing Tracks

Software Plugin Insert FX for virtual instruments and Master FX section

New MIDI "Steroids" features to provide unlimited control and connections

Upgrade to Camelot v2.0 is FREE for owners of Camelot v1.x license.

• 11 months later...

Bumping this thread to comment. I've been trying to use the current version of Camelot Pro iOS on my iPad to make set lists with my rack rig and controller. Conveniently, it supports my Fantom XR natively. BUT, I've found something that makes it totally useless, and a second thing that's really annoying. The dealbreaker - Camelot will drop and/or delay midi notes if extensive midi CC data is sent. As an example, changing leslie speed with the mod wheel back and forth while doing a glissando, or heck, even just moving the mod wheel while playing a rapid arpeggio on the keys will cause it to drop and/or delay notes. It's a disaster. I've narrowed it down to the app, as the controller is working fine (checked it connected directly to the rack setup), the midi thru box isn't affecting anything (it happens with the iPad connected directly to the rack and there's no similar problem if using the midi box with the controller minus the iPad). It also does NOT happen in KeyStage, which I also have (the Lite version). Very, very disappointing.

The second thing that's annoying is that even if you're using it as a midi-only app (no iOS instruments etc) you have to deal with buffer settings. It has just enough latency that I notice it, even at the lowest setting, which is supposedly only 1.7 milliseconds (it seems like 5-6, which is where I traditionally notice). This really pops up when playing fast pieces.

Between those two problems, it looks like I will not be using Camelot Pro for my set list management. Which sucks because it would have been really nice to have automatic support for the Fantom XR (not to mention the JV-1010 and even my Motif XF8, not that I would be using it with the Motif but still).

Did you bother writing to the developer (ALWAYS very helpful with these things, especially in getting updates out to address issues)?

There is no luck - luck is simply the confluence of circumstance and co-incidence...

Time is the final arbiter for all things