Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Ultimate AX-90 stand....$1,170??

I rarely post...but thought this might be....interesting.

Been wanting one and checking the interwebs frequently. Got an email from my Reverb feed today with one up for sale with the price above. Even tried to make an offer for what I thought was reasonable for a used stand with scratches and some marring up top, like way above what it listed for new. It said I was below what the seller would accept.

Seems totally outrageous to me. What do you think?

"May you stay...forever young."

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I guess to me it all depends on why you want that particular 50 lb. artillery launcher of a stand. It's massive, and may visually dwarf your keyboards - if that's what you want.

For a while, I was mentally jones'ing for an expensive Gibraltar keyboard stand. I had it all priced out, was going to order it - and then I talked myself out of it.

I reminded myself that the most impressive thing in my rig is...me and my playing. Not the visual appeal of a chrome shiny curvy keyboard stand. For me it was a want vs. need thing, and since I gig for money, there was no way to financially justify buying another tool that would not really provide marginal returns over time. I'm still gigging my old stand.

For you, I guess the question is if your reasons for wanting the AX90 are worth paying about the same as a brand new Yamaha MODX6 or similar for a used stand - that I think used to list for about a quarter of that price?

Value is in the eyes of the buyer, I know. I just don't see the utility of spending anything over about $300 for a keyboard stand. My 0.02.

I hear you, Tim. That's why I didn't pick one up when they were selling; seemed too big, too heavy, too expensive for a stand, and couldn't justify it to myself. Like you say, it's just a stand, but it's cooler lookin than the Spider Pro so I figured I'd keep looking ....but they're as rare as hen's teeth.

I'm just commenting on it as the asking price seems unbelievably ridiculous to me, but if you got the scratch....maybe not.

"May you stay...forever young."

I love my AX90. Bought it the year it came out.

rCNbyO.jpg

U8hBVC.jpg

I dont use it at every gig. I usually bring it out on the event shows like House of Blues .

It has always received lots of compliments.

I used to have two. I sold one a couple years ago on eBay for $625 (bidding started at $250). Theyre happy, I was happy.

David

Gig Rig:Casio Privia PX-5S | Yamaha MODX+ 6 | MacBook Pro 14" M1| Mainstage

I sold mine for around $200 a few years ago. It was visually intriguing - got lots of comments when I was in the club scene in Denver, but ultimately I got tired of schlepping the equivalent of a trophy musky to every gig. And it seemed about as slippery and imbalanced :laugh:

'Someday, we'll look back on these days and laugh; likely a maniacal laugh from our padded cells, but a laugh nonetheless' - Mr. Boffo.

We need a barfing cat emoticon!

Can't I interest you in my Solidstand in the adverts section? ;)

Solid by name and solid by nature!

40828624853_68b804e36f_z.jpgdownload (1) by Alan Pearson, on Flickr

Yamaha CP70B;Roland XP30/AXSynth/Fantom/FA76/XR;Hammond XK3C SK2; Korg Kronos 73;ProSoloist Rack+; ARP ProSoloist; Mellotron M4000D; GEM Promega2; Hohner Pianet N, Roland V-Grand,Voyager XL, RMI

That's soliciting...

$100 fine! :laugh:

I'm simply helping a fellow keymangler......... :keys2:

Yamaha CP70B;Roland XP30/AXSynth/Fantom/FA76/XR;Hammond XK3C SK2; Korg Kronos 73;ProSoloist Rack+; ARP ProSoloist; Mellotron M4000D; GEM Promega2; Hohner Pianet N, Roland V-Grand,Voyager XL, RMI

I'd love to have that SolidStand. I never pulled the trigger when they were available. The cost to ship this one from you to me over here across the pond would be prohibitive.

David

Gig Rig:Casio Privia PX-5S | Yamaha MODX+ 6 | MacBook Pro 14" M1| Mainstage

I'd love to have that SolidStand. I never pulled the trigger when they were available. The cost to ship this one from you to me over here across the pond would be prohibitive.

I wonder if the EBay Global Shipping Program would help?

Maybe check out the EBay link I've put on the advert in Classified