Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

if Music is your 1A Passion, what is 1B ?

To quote someone semi-famous, "my children are the air I breathe," and yet I wouldn't list them as a passion just as I wouldn't list breathing. Maybe passions are the elective courses, but then that doesn't account for people who are so passionate about something, they feel they have no choice but to do it. Maybe passion isn't a quality inherent in any thing, person, or activity, maybe instead it's mode by which you choose to engage. The fact that you happen to have taken piano lessons, which led you to play in the school band, etc . . . and that keyboards became your passion has more to do with you than with the piano, and you could in fact decide tomorrow that you will switch to painting and be no less passionate about it from the moment you lift the brush.

Gigging: Crumar Mojo 61, Hammond SKPro

Home: Vintage Vibe 64

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1A - Piano and music: Right now, mostly playing synth and piano parts for my church's worship team, but it keeps me from totally rusting up on my playing skills. Enjoying the continual learning of my MainStage rig and sound design.

1B - Hockey: I used to be a goaltender in a rollerhockey league, but gave it up before my body couldn't take it anymore. I avidly root for my hometown NHL team, but happily enjoy the sport so much it doesn't matter which league or team is playing.

1C - Church

1D - Cooking

MainStage; Hammond SK1-73; Roland XP-80, JV-90, JV-1080, JV-1010, AX-1; Korg microSAMPLER;

Boss DR-880; Beat Buddy; Neo Instruments Ventilator; TC Electronic ND-1 Nova Delay

Well the 1B would be Martial Arts, in fact this is my 40th year. It's just a lifestyle that doesn't go good with playing music. They both take a hell of a lot of time to get good at. I take Judo but teach the beginning kickboxing class.

"Danny, ci manchi a tutti. La E-Street Band non e' la stessa senza di te. Riposa in pace, fratello"

noblevibes.com

1A: Not allowed to post it due to restrictions on religious content.

1B: Music.

1C: Building electronic stuff, restoring/maintaining my vintage gear.

1D: Trains. Love reading about history of railroads. Used to model as a kid but not since then.

No kids and divorced since 2004. Probably staying single the rest of my life.

Well the 1B would be Martial Arts, in fact this is my 40th year. It's just a lifestyle that doesn't go good with playing music. They both take a hell of a lot of time to get good at. I take Judo but teach the beginning kickboxing class.

In the 80's & 90's I would have put that. I earned a 2nd degree black belt in Hapkido. After I turned 40 I just lost interest in it.

Boards: Kurzweil SP-6, Roland FA-08, VR-09, DeepMind 12

Modules: Korg Radias, Roland D-05, Bk7-m & Sonic Cell

Surprised at how many folks didn't share their primary passion due to restrictions on religious content here. All good, I'm super glad that y'all have found something that motivates you through life. All due respect.

Me? Stupidly hyper-intellectual in this specific aspect. I enjoy arguing the pros and cons of most of the world's religions. Not debating a particular point, just appreciative of all that humanity has to offer.

Life is good?

Want to make your band better?  Check out "A Guide To Starting (Or Improving!) Your Own Local Band"

Surprised at how many folks didn't share their primary passion due to restrictions on religious content here.
I offered my non-sharing with tongue-in-cheek, sort of like a politician saying "Some would characterize my opponent as a cad and a buffoon, but I will not let this debate degenerate into ad hominems." :smile:

I sort of wish there were an off-topic area where we could discuss such things as a community, but if this is the price of keeping the forum both civil and single-threaded, so be it.

-Tom Williams

{First Name} {at} AirNetworking {dot} com

PC4-7, PX-5S, AX-Edge, PC361

Full-time dreamer.

All right, so that's a Spinal Tap, but my big interests are what was supposed to have been my dissertation to become a full-time dreamer (all right, I'll stop!).

Short answer:

I like books with words in them, and I like chatting up girls (well, let's say "women" in this day and age) TBH, those are the most important.

Other? I like to play pool, I like to drink, but I could do without the pool-playing, so long as I get the other three (or four, if you count music).

Or, you know, however many.

ETA seeing a few of the above posts, yeah, actually religion is kind of a hobby or a passion or, probably more accurately, a practice of mine. I practice at my local parish's Sunday or Saturday evening vigil mass, and I put a lot of myself into learning more about the practice of christianity, especially in the Latin rite of the RCC.

I wouldn't say the practice has got me very far to being a better person, but I do try every week for years now.

No, nobody else among my closer friends or family joins me in this. It's just something I do for myself.