Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

OT. Things I learned today.

Things I learned today:

How to freak your Doctor out.

When you go in for your Doctors appointment, he asks how you are, and you proudly tell him that youve lost 10 kg (22 lbs) in the last eight weeks.

Its not until his eyes widen in horror, and your better half hastily chips in On purpose, on purpose........ that you remember that youre talking to your Oncologist.

Ho hum.

Occasionally, do something nice for a total stranger. They'll wonder what the hell is going on!

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Not funny...there are certain "triggers" that patients can complain about that immediately set off alarms in the doctor's office (or gets you to the front of the line at ERs). For me, it's kinda up there with making bomb jokes when you are going through security at the airport...but hey, maybe your doc has a sense of humor about if you complain of chest pain?

one smart fella, he felt smart, two smart fellas, they felt smart... 3 smart fellas, they all felt smart! :puff:

CP-50, YC 73,  FP-80, PX5-S, NE-5d61, Kurzweil SP6, XK-3, CX-3, Hammond XK-3, Yamaha YUX Upright, '66 B3/Leslie 145/122

Not funny...there are certain "triggers" that patients can complain about that immediately set off alarms in the doctor's office (or gets you to the front of the line at ERs). For me, it's kinda up there with making bomb jokes when you are going through security at the airport...but hey, maybe your doc has a sense of humor about if you complain of chest pain?

Its not like I did it intentionally, or for a joke, just lack of forethought. I was pleased at losing the weight, and medical professionals are always telling us (us being the overweight) to use a few pounds. If it had have been my GP, Im sure he would have been pleased, I just didnt put two and two together quickly enough.

Occasionally, do something nice for a total stranger. They'll wonder what the hell is going on!