Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

OT: Endgame (WARNING: Spoilers)

Here's a spoiler - this movie is three freakin' hours long (I don't even like to eat bacon or have sex for three hours at a time!) and will make no sense unless you've watched every single other MCU movie.

I've seen a few of these movies but I'm not a big MCU fan. This one I went to see because the Lincoln Center Imax theater has laser projectors and they are presenting one "Imax3D" showing per day. Visually it was stunning, I got my $26.34 worth.

These films have a cynical "too hip for the room" attitude -most of the humor has a tone of "I know it's just a stupid super-hero movie". If you can find one check out a current Bollywood action movie like "Junglee" - Bollywood thrillers are more over-the-top than Endgame (also often way too long) and are dripping with cheesy sincerity.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

LOL if you think those movies have that vibe (and if you don't care for it) Deadpool will drive you insane :)

The craziest Bollywood movie clip I have seen involved a giant robot (that became a drill, a rolling ball a snake and others) that was made up of tons of small human-sized terminator things. All able to shoot machine guns from whatever shape they were in. I'm not doing the craziness justice with that description.

Edit: found it

[video:youtube]

I love the DeadPool movies - the whole point of those is the cynical humor. The humor in most American thrillers strikes me as being just a bit condescending - "I'm really too sophisticated to be wearing this super-hero costume so I'm going to make a joke about painting my apartment..."

The Endgame score has some nice bits in it. Another thing I love about Bollywood movies is the music, the only place you find those stereotypical Hollywood string ostinatos is in the trailers. The scores are rich and filled with interesting sounds, and there are those massive production numbers.