Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Solar Power

Ok. So this morning I was thinking:

If I were to choose one guitar to take into Armageddon (the final battle) where I wouldn't have access to electricity, which one would it be. The process of elimiation led me to think that an electric guitar would be useless for all intent and purposes; so I would have to select an acoustic guitar.

However, it occurred to me that if there were available a solar powered amp, that might not be a correct assumption. So I googled "solar power guitar amp: and lo and behold, the following came up:

www.solarguitaramp.com/

Has anyone seen one of these and have a comment?

Read more: http://guitarplayersforum.boards.net/thread/799/solar-power#ixzz5nFnPyI6V

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If you're going into "the final battle", I would suggest leaving your guitar at home and taking a firearm. LOL!

Of course Fred. Maybe in the "final battle" we wouldn't necessarily want to make a lot of sound? :D

Maybe a better scenario would be when some fruitcake decides to take down the powser grid?

Interesting. Voltaic cell power is limited in it's life span at this point. So for a long term playing wish, I would suggest a simple acoustic guitar. Not a big dreadnought wooden box I would think something more weather resistant like an Ovation acoustic or something composite in its entirety.

I could not access the video on your original topic Doc so I just looked at the one pages picture.

Looks like a cool idea [no pun intended]...1st thing I would want to get is an extension cord for the solar collector so I could play in the shade LOL! Might not work good for night time gigs? +1 on a nice acoustic and/or my battery powered amp. I could probably find a solar charger for my batteries if there were no more power grids. If there is any gas left after the war, maybe I could power a small generator to power up the amp and charge the batteries. I already have a couple of acoustics and some 9mm's just in case! :cool:
Take care, Larryz

First, as far as Armageddon goes, I'm taking lots of firepower, along with my samurai sword and my Fallkniven A1 on my side. Once I'm done killing all the bad guys (anyone trying to harm me, a loved one, or a friend/ally is a bad guy), I think a bunch of rechargeable lithium ion batteries and a solar powered battery charger would do the trick for one of those Roland battery powered amps, so I'd probably choose my Carvin CS6T that looks like a Les Paul Custom with an awesome quilted maple top.
I rock; therefore, I am.

If I were to choose one guitar to take into Armageddon (the final battle) where I wouldn't have access to electricity, which one would it be.

I think the guy swinging a Telecaster would be the last one standing.

Mel Gibson is...MAD AXE!

Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: âNinety percent of everything is crapâ

My FLMS- Murphy's Music in Irving, Tx

http://murphysmusictx.com/