Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Sorry, I just had to. . .

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Everybody trashes it in here, but I used to enjoy playing it. I especially used to like beginning the night with just me on stage playing 1984 on my Jupiter 6, then have the rest of the band join me in stage and go into Jump.

Dan

Acoustic/Electric stringed instruments ranging from 4 to 230 strings, hammered, picked, fingered, slapped, and plucked. Analog and Digital Electronic instruments, reeds, and throat/mouth.

I had to fight like crazy to have my former rock band letting me just try it, because "80's sucks, everyone knows that so, Jump, released in 1984 sucks too right? You know that?"....

So, I prepared a nice patch with the stage 2 with the helps of our members on Nord Forum AND I played also in layers, two matrix 1000 slightly detuned...

When they finally said, "ok, just play the intro if you want but no need, we will,never play it...."

Then I played this huge mean C octave that I kept longer than the record before starting the riff on right hand....before the end of the intro, they all "Jump"ed on it, drummer, guitars, bass and we finally played it....

So, it's kind of special song for me, first battles won against the usual classic rock band guys who have stayed in the 70's and CCR....

Stage 2, C2, NL2X+TC Pedals, P08+Tetra+H9, P12+TC Chorus D50+PG1000, 2 Matrix 1K, Proteus 2K, TX802, Streichfett, Drumbrute. Guitars:G&L Legacy, Asat X2, Ibanez Artstar AS153.Bass: L2000, SR1200&2605.

...because "80's sucks, everyone knows that...

WATCH YOURSELF!!! :cop:

:roll:

Dan

Acoustic/Electric stringed instruments ranging from 4 to 230 strings, hammered, picked, fingered, slapped, and plucked. Analog and Digital Electronic instruments, reeds, and throat/mouth.

Ah, you poor guy - my heartfelt apologies.

Although, with 60 previous episodes, by now you might have recognized the title format?

Sorry, no. Were there 8 previous Revolutions? Were there 21 previous Strawberry Letters? ;)

9 Moog things, 3 Roland things, 2 Hammond things and a computer with stuff on it

...because "80's sucks, everyone knows that...

WATCH YOURSELF!!! :cop:

:roll:

Well, you understood that it was my guitarist talking to me.....who else on hearth could say that 80's sucks but a guitarist.... :laugh:

Stage 2, C2, NL2X+TC Pedals, P08+Tetra+H9, P12+TC Chorus D50+PG1000, 2 Matrix 1K, Proteus 2K, TX802, Streichfett, Drumbrute. Guitars:G&L Legacy, Asat X2, Ibanez Artstar AS153.Bass: L2000, SR1200&2605.

You should've given a heads up that it was Beato. I wasted a click.

I tried several times but never been able to find something worth to listen/learn from this guy....it's really basic stuff....and for Jumo, he's wrong in the second part of the solo, it's not just the sus 4 and 4 notes, it starts with 3 notes and then 4 notes....

I tried several times but never been able to find something worth to listen/learn from this guy....it's really basic stuff....

You guys must be quite the musicians, I am envious. I find him to be generally more knowledgable than I am - across a broad musical spectrum.

Yamaha P515 & CK88, Pianoteq, Mainstage, iOS, assorted other stuff.

Likewise. And you have to give a huge helping of credit to the production chops of Ted Templeman, who also produced the greatest album in all recorded history, Montrose.

Agreed on the Montrose album, and Ted, but I would give equal if not more credit to Donn Landee, who engineered both albums as well. I guarantee Donn was in the studio far more than Ted was for those sessions.

I tried several times but never been able to find something worth to listen/learn from this guy....it's really basic stuff....

You guys must be quite the musicians, I am envious. I find him to be generally more knowledgable than I am - across a broad musical spectrum.

Ditto. I find his stuff incredibly entertaining and informative!

Beat0 is an excellent analyst.

How did Eddie handle the guitar parts and the keyboard parts at the same time ?

:D Live, of course

Why fit in, when you were born to stand out ?

My Soundcloud with many originals:

[70's Songwriter]

There's a live clip out there somewhere (I don't even want to look for it, it's so bad), where Eddie and Mike are both playing keys on this song. Eddie covers the guitar solo section on the keys, complete with awful pitch bends. It is a total shit show.

Now, he plays guitar and they keys are on a backing track (and yes, there's another video of that shit show when the track is out of tune.)

I appreciate the answer.

I figured , that in the last decade or 2, the band could use backing tracks

Back in 1984 , is the workaround challenge. I suppose the bass player, Mike Anthony could drop in key bass while playing ' rhythm synth '.

Please, no one needs to dig up YT's ;)

Why fit in, when you were born to stand out ?

My Soundcloud with many originals:

[70's Songwriter]

There's a live clip out there somewhere (I don't even want to look for it, it's so bad), where Eddie and Mike are both playing keys on this song. Eddie covers the guitar solo section on the keys, complete with awful pitch bends. It is a total shit show.

Now, he plays guitar and they keys are on a backing track (and yes, there's another video of that shit show when the track is out of tune.)

I want to see this! I like cheesy 80s stuff, even if its just someone pitch bending on a synth patch.

Yamaha MX49, Casio SK1/WK-7600, Korg Minilogue, Alesis SR-16, Casio CT-X3000, FL Studio, many VSTs, percussion, woodwinds, strings, and sound effects.