Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Joey�s in Australia!

American jazz organist Joey DeFrancesco reunited with rare 'blonde' instrument in Australia after 15 years

Joeys in Australia headlining Generations in Jazz, an international schools' competition in Mount Gambier, South Australia.

Ive been out of the country for a month, so Im out of the loop, but it doesnt look like hes appearing anywhere else here on this trip. Mt Gambier is a long way from Sydney and theres no chance of me getting there. Hes only been to Australia once before, as far as I know, so I hope some fans of Joey and the genre can make it.

Legend Soul 261, Leslie 251, Yamaha UX1, CP4, CK61, Hammond SK1, Ventilator, Privia PX3, Behringer 2600, Korg Triton LE, various guitars and woodwinds, drum kits …

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Herbie Hancock is also here and touring as part the International Jazz Day programme.

Here is a link to a story about Herbie's master class for school students in Sydney last week.

Note the Mount Gambier focus is based around the Jazz Academy James Morrison - see sig below - established there in conjunction with the University of South Australia.

James and Herbie are artistic co-directors of the All Star Global concert. See here for more info.

A misguided plumber attempting to entertain | MainStage 3 | Axiom 61 2nd Gen | Pianoteq | B5 | XK3c | EV ZLX 12P

Joeys in Australia headlining Generations in Jazz, an international schools' competition in Mount Gambier, South Australia.

Ive been out of the country for a month, so Im out of the loop, but it doesnt look like hes appearing anywhere else here on this trip.

No, he's back in his comfort zone , the East Coast of the USA. I'm going to see him in Baltimore, MD, this coming Saturday night, May 11th. Of the dozens of times I've seen him over the last 27 years, this will be the first time ever in Baltimore. Been 2 months since I've seen him last, looking forward to how the trio has evolved musically. :thu:

:nopity:

Arent Joeys already in Australia?

:facepalm:

Jake

1967 B-3 w/(2) 122's, Nord C1w/Leslie 2101 top, Nord PedalKeys 27, Nord Electro 4D, IK B3X, QSC K12.2, Yamaha reface YC+CS+CP

"It needs a Hammond"

Beat me by one minute......damn.

Jake

1967 B-3 w/(2) 122's, Nord C1w/Leslie 2101 top, Nord PedalKeys 27, Nord Electro 4D, IK B3X, QSC K12.2, Yamaha reface YC+CS+CP

"It needs a Hammond"

I was hopeful thatd hed hang around long enough to play a gig somewhere else - its an awfully long trip after all, nearly 30 hours of travelling.

It seems they did do a concert in Melbourne, and our local ABC has just released a video International Jazz Day which can be seen by those in Australia on iView. There are some great performances. Herbie stretches out a little on one tune. Joey is shown playing behind a couple of the vocal performances, but doesnt get any solos. :-( Herbie is coming back in June to the Sydney Opera House.

Legend Soul 261, Leslie 251, Yamaha UX1, CP4, CK61, Hammond SK1, Ventilator, Privia PX3, Behringer 2600, Korg Triton LE, various guitars and woodwinds, drum kits …