Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Another night of Pink Floyd excellence

Had the opportunity to go to the Sydney leg of Cowboy NQ's Echoes of Pink Floyd national tour featuring The Wall album from beginning to end with an encore of Time, Money and Wish You Were Here.

Another excellent evening. This band ticks all the boxes, refeshing to be at a gig where keyboard plays the first note - In the Flesh....

JHcyQYd.jpg

For each gig the band organises for some local children to particpate - pic from ABITW Part II

Jer3cgX.jpg

Paul solo for Don't Leave Me Now

pUwiUef.jpg

and Paul plays the the last note - Outside the Wall....

BAcVD5W.jpg

We often speak here about the travails of getting a band together, enjoying being it, making time to gig etc.

This is a band that nails the music, individually exceptional players, doesn't settle for anything less than perfection, creates its own samples, video, production lighting scenes and is its own promoter. Five excellent musos who have made a huge effort doing all this themselves, holding down day jobs and making time for cross continent touring, hauling the gear. setting up and loading out.

The detail that they go into to make sure every gig is as good as ii can be is amazing. I was seated behind the FOH sound guy who was producing this show for the first time, I noticed he had been given an extensive run list down to the last detail. To his credit he followed it closely and did a superb production mixing the band and balancing samples and live playing.

Paul is busier than a one armed paper hanger, playing 3 boards, triggering most of the samples and running the video.

It is a privilege to be in the same room and witness an international standard show put together by 5 talented and hard working musos.

A misguided plumber attempting to entertain | MainStage 3 | Axiom 61 2nd Gen | Pianoteq | B5 | XK3c | EV ZLX 12P

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Mark thank you so much for your kind review of our show. I read it to the boys who were rapt.

What Mark didnt mention was the massive screwing of the pooch we managed during our encore. My mind went back to Dans how do you get out of trouble thread. Yep, drummer saved us again - knew he would!

Fun night and it was an honour to have someone I respect as much as Mark in our audience. KC rules.

Nice! We did disk 1 of the wall earlier this year and we're working on disk 2 to do a full show later this year. Our lead guitar decided to retire so we're working in a new guy now so that might be put on the back burner for a bit.

Live: Korg Kronos 2 88, Nord Electro 5d Nord Lead A1

Toys: Roland FA08, Novation Ultranova, Moog LP, Roland SP-404SX, Roland JX10,Emu MK6

www.bksband.com

www.echoesrocks.com

Nice! We did disk 1 of the wall earlier this year and we're working on disk 2 to do a full show later this year. Our lead guitar decided to retire so we're working in a new guy now so that might be put on the back burner for a bit.

Thank you Dan!

Bringing this project to fruition has been an incredibly challenging exercise for our band. If there is anything I can help you and your band with please reach out.