Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Eric Clapton 1960's Review on Prime Video

I found Eric Clapton 1960's Review on Prime Video a few weeks back and have been watching snatches of it off and on. I have to say it is really the story of him going from wanna be, to the super star player and band leader that is is today. I recommend guitar players and all musician alike have a look at that show. If any of you have access to Prime Video I recommend it.

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Clapton has a lot of fans who aren't either guitar players OR musicians :crazy::hand: (like my wife) who also might find his story interesting. Like I said elsewhere, I don't "stream" or any of that, so I'll try to find it elsewhere.

Whitefang

I started out with NOTHING...and I still have most of it left!

Thx for the tip, DBM !

FWIW, segments (maybe the entire thing) can be found on YT.

Here's part 1

[bTW, if ya wanna see some interesting harmonica technique, tune in at the 24 min mark to see what Sonny Boy #2 could do ! :freak: ]

[video:youtube]

There are also other expositions such as Clapton 1970s Review & perhaps other decades.

I must admit that I like much of EC's work & found him ultimately to be at least semi-sincere in his ideals but he also has also consistently taken a more commercially governed approach to music than many of his contemporaries did (or fans---even the musicians---seem willing to accept as fact).

One example, which I only learned of recently from a recent bio which traces his career from a strictly musical angle, is that during his late-career collab w/Phil Collins (much later than the 1960s & therefore a definite & perhaps irrelevant tangent to the point here), when the record company rejected several tracks as not sounding like his previous work he ditched 'em & recorded other material.

Having introduced that off-track comment, I'll reiterate that I do like much of his work.

d=halfnote