Music Player Network Home Guitar Player Magazine Keyboard Magazine Bass Player Magazine EQ Magazine
Topic Options
#2987964 - 05/02/19 09:09 PM Eric Clapton 1960's Review on Prime Video
desertbluesman Offline
MP Hall of Fame Member

Loc: Near Phoenix Az
I found Eric Clapton 1960's Review on Prime Video a few weeks back and have been watching snatches of it off and on. I have to say it is really the story of him going from wanna be, to the super star player and band leader that is is today. I recommend guitar players and all musician alike have a look at that show. If any of you have access to Prime Video I recommend it.
Harvey Cedars is my stage name on Soundclick

GP Island
#2987975 - 05/03/19 03:33 AM Re: Eric Clapton 1960's Review on Prime Video [Re: desertbluesman]
whitefang Offline
10k Club

Loc: Lincoln Park, MI, UNITED STATE...
Clapton has a lot of fans who aren't either guitar players OR musicians crazy hand (like my wife) who also might find his story interesting. Like I said elsewhere, I don't "stream" or any of that, so I'll try to find it elsewhere.
Whitefang

#2988040 - 05/03/19 09:08 AM Re: Eric Clapton 1960's Review on Prime Video [Re: whitefang]
d / halfnote Offline
MP Hall of Fame Member

Loc: no longer lexington, Kenfunky,...
Thx for the tip, DBM !

FWIW, segments (maybe the entire thing) can be found on YT.
Here's part 1
[BTW, if ya wanna see some interesting harmonica technique, tune in at the 24 min mark to see what Sonny Boy #2 could do ! freak ]

There are also other expositions such as Clapton 1970s Review & perhaps other decades.

I must admit that I like much of EC's work & found him ultimately to be at least semi-sincere in his ideals but he also has also consistently taken a more commercially governed approach to music than many of his contemporaries did (or fans---even the musicians---seem willing to accept as fact).
One example, which I only learned of recently from a recent bio which traces his career from a strictly musical angle, is that during his late-career collab w/Phil Collins (much later than the 1960s & therefore a definite & perhaps irrelevant tangent to the point here), when the record company rejected several tracks as not sounding like his previous work he ditched 'em & recorded other material.

Having introduced that off-track comment, I'll reiterate that I do like much of his work.

Moderator:  A String, Bluesape, myles_rose