Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Quilter Bass Block 800 - any users?

Been using an Ampeg B200R combo for years. Finally decided to lighten my load. Just ordered a Barefaced Super Midget. Was going to pair it with a GK MB500 but then the Quilter Bass Block 800 entered my radar.

Any users? Comments? Comparisons between the two choices?

Thanks!

Roland Fantom 06; Yamaha P-125; QSC K10; Cubase 13 Pro; Windows 10

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Not much help here, but the lead guitarist in my band uses a Quilter guitar amp. Clean and clear, pretty loud; needs both speaker cabs to sound best. Using a Bare Face cab, I'm sure this will sound nice. I'm not a big Hartke fan, but nothing against them, either, as long as the head has enough power & headroom for you.

"Am I enough of a freak to be worth paying to see?"- Separated Out (Marillion)

NEW band Old band

I use a Quilter Power Block 300 for my bass amp. It doesn't have a lot of variation in terms of EQ, but it really doesn't seem to need it. It's got plenty of output, and I can get a little grit out of it if I want it.

I pair it with an Avatar 4x10, and mostly use either a parts P bass I put together, or my OLP Tony Levin 5 string. I like the sound I get, and I don't get any complaints from anybody I work with.

I got the Quilter to use with guitar originally, and it did a great job that way too. But after using it for bass, I sold both of the other bass amps I had, and the Quilter is my only one now.

Always remember that you are unique. Just like everyone else.