Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Arturia V Collection 7, now with Mellotron, CZ1, and Synthi

https://www.arturia.com/products/analog-classics/v-collection/overview#en

Didn't see that one coming (other than the B3 update).

It doesn't seem to have been announced at the recent Synthplex.

Can't listen at work; will be curious how these stack up against sample-based Mellotron, and the one CZ plug-in that I own (maybe they bought it, as with the VOX etc., but I'm too busy at work to download and read software manuals for non-work stuff). Not likely though as it says CZ101 and CZ1000.

Eugenio Upright, 60th Anniversary P-Bass, USA Geddy Lee J-Bass, Yamaha BBP35, D'angelico SS Bari, EXL1,

Select Strat, 70th Anniversary Esquire, LP 57, Eastman T486, T64, Ibanez PM2, Hammond XK4, Moog Voyager

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It's a $99 upgrade for Analog Lab users to get the new analog Lab (which is all the sounds but without the more in-depth interface), which is probably reasonable.

It's a $99 upgrade for Analog Lab users to get the new analog Lab (which is all the sounds but without the more in-depth interface), which is probably reasonable.

Upgrading to Analog Lab 4 is free but there are only 4 Mellotron presets. Three other new instruments (CZ, Synthi and Pigments) each add 20 or so, for a total of only 61 added presets from Analog Lab 3 to Analog Lab 4.

Definitely less generous than the Analog Lab 3 upgrade was, adding over 1500 presets to the ones in Analog Lab 2, and including all presets of every V Collection 6 instrument. Those are still present in Analog Lab 4, but the newly added instruments from V Collection 7 are seriously underrepresented.

On the bright side, more effects and better live / layer action.

The real merit of the Synthi V will be that unlike the hardware version, you can play it in a stable manner as a keyboard. Its long since been recognized as a great effects tool or quirky sequencing item, but it will be interesting to hear it as a more traditionally playable synth. Also, no bloody patch matrix pins to step on or lose. :pop:

"I want to be an intellectual, but I don't have the brainpower.
  The absent-mindedness, I've got that licked."
        ~ John Cleese

Less than that if you own V6

I own V6 and the upgrade price quoted to me when I logged in was $299. Totally not worth it.

my email from Arturia and what is shown to me when I log in is $199.

David

Gig Rig:Casio Privia PX-5S | Yamaha MODX+ 6 | MacBook Pro 14" M1| Mainstage

"This is the most comprehensive anthology of classic synth and keyboards ever made. This is decades of passionate research, modelling, and development. This is your chance to take your place in music history."

I'll pass, thanks. I already have my place in music history. Trust me, you don't want to be there. :/

:nopity:

Same here-- $199, or $100 off the $299 price (which will be what it will cost after June 10).

But in another year or so, in the weeks or months before they're getting ready to release Version 8, they'll probably run a sale on Version 7 for an update price of $99-- at least, that's what they did for Version 6, introduced it at a discounted upgrade price of $199, then offered it on sale for an upgrade price of $99 many months later.

Michael Rideout

Regarding my $299 upgrade offer (while others got offers for $199), it turns out my license was erroneously listed as "Crossgrade".

Arturia support corrected the problem and now I have a $199 upgrade offer. That moves me from the "no way" camp to "on the fence". Dang, I do love new toys, though!

Same here-- $199, or $100 off the $299 price (which will be what it will cost after June 10).

But in another year or so, in the weeks or months before they're getting ready to release Version 8, they'll probably run a sale on Version 7 for an update price of $99-- at least, that's what they did for Version 6, introduced it at a discounted upgrade price of $199, then offered it on sale for an upgrade price of $99 many months later.

This is what I always wait for, but I install the demo versions in the meantime.

Korg Kronos 61 (2); Kurzweil PC4, Roland Fantom-06, Casio PX-350M; 2015 Macbook Pro and 2012 Mac Mini (Logic Pro X and Mainstage), GigPerformer 4.

I did download the B3 V version 2 demo to compare to the current B3 V that I use.

Not sure how to adequately explain it, but overall, given same settings, it sounds/feels more robust, and the nuances and fine tuning of drawbar settings is more noticeable.

Since buying this, and the two new instruments I want (Mellotron, CZ) would be $297 for me, $199 for the complete V Collection 7 including Analog Lab 4 makes sense.

David

Gig Rig:Casio Privia PX-5S | Yamaha MODX+ 6 | MacBook Pro 14" M1| Mainstage

Mellotron is interesting. I haven't checked it out yet, but I am partial to high quality sampling for Mellotron.

This is a pretty expensive upgrade for what you get though. I have the Redtron freeware VST and it's already pretty damn good! Probably also worth a comparison to GForce MTron (not freeware!)

I wasn't aware that as a v6 owner, there is a free B3 update available to me. Has anybody installed that update yet?

Yamaha U1 Upright, Roland Fantom 8, Nord Stage 4 HA73, Nord Wave 2, Korg Nautilus 73, Viscount Legend Live, Lots of Mainstage/VST Libraries

I can't really see myself using anything other than GForce for mellotrons. Fantastic plugin, and really great company. Sometimes the interface feels a little wonky, but I wouldn't trust Arturia to top it.

Once again, love Arturia hardware, not a big fan of their software, so I'll pass.

Puck Funk! :)

Equipment: Laptop running lots of nerdy software, some keyboards, noise makersâ¦yada yada yadaâ¦maybe a cat?

When they first started releasing these hardware copies on vst there was a sameness to the sound that bothered me. Like they were all using small variations of the same osc and filter code. Is that still the case or have they improved the sound and made the instruments more accurate?

This post edited for speling.

My Sweetwater Gear Exchange Page

The instruments have been made more accurate, in my view, with each individual upgrade (not everything gets bumped a notch every time, of course). I wouldn't touch ARP 2066 V before, but will now -- especially as TimewARP 2600 remains the most fragile part of my template.

Eugenio Upright, 60th Anniversary P-Bass, USA Geddy Lee J-Bass, Yamaha BBP35, D'angelico SS Bari, EXL1,

Select Strat, 70th Anniversary Esquire, LP 57, Eastman T486, T64, Ibanez PM2, Hammond XK4, Moog Voyager

Always have wanted to try a CZ-101. This might be the chance! I hear Arturia is great, Ive played the softsynths from V6 and they sound EXCELLENT. I have MinimogueVA and Arppe2600VA. Interesting to see how Arturia compares. Last time I checked Minimoog V and 2600 V, I think they won soundwise or at the very least, tied.
Yamaha MX49, Casio SK1/WK-7600, Korg Minilogue, Alesis SR-16, Casio CT-X3000, FL Studio, many VSTs, percussion, woodwinds, strings, and sound effects.

I'm a V6 owner, and the current upgrade price I'm getting of $199 seems way out of line. Throw in Pigments for that and I think they would get a lot more takers. I can wait until the inevitable $99 sale to get my hands on the CZ and others.

In the meantime I will continue to try to wrap my head around the Buchla Easel. That is an amazing job of modeling on Arturia's part, and endless fun to experiment with.

I would love to hear the feedback from anybody who has updated to the new B3 v2 and what improvements are noticeable. (I did read the comment above from EscapeRocks - thank you!)

In general, I really like the sound and user experience of the synths in the Arturia V Collection (I'm on v6). I think they sound great and I have tons of fun with them.

I also think that the V Collection's electromechanical and acoustic instruments are not particularly good compared to other options. I really never use Piano, Rhodes, Wurly, Clav or Organ.

Would always prefer options like Scarbee, Soniccouture and Keyscape, for example. The Arturia stuff in this category is just there to provide breadth of a full package, and the synths are really where the usage is for me.

I was pretty underwhelmed by the B3 in V Collection 6 and haven't gone back to it since I gave it a first walk through.

Yamaha U1 Upright, Roland Fantom 8, Nord Stage 4 HA73, Nord Wave 2, Korg Nautilus 73, Viscount Legend Live, Lots of Mainstage/VST Libraries

I think I'll hold off on this, now that I've listened to the audio demos. I'm pretty sure my XILS-Lab Synthi is a bit better, and also the G-Force Tron Pro. I've had some issues with Plugin Boutique Virtual CZ so can't use it very often anymore, but the UVI sample-based version (Cameo) is quite nice. $200 is a bit steep for me for these three at the moment, given that I've already got this ground covered pretty well.

I did do the free B3 V2 upgrade, and all of the updates to the other products and Analog Lab, and didn't notice missing patches or add-on libraries, so maybe they already fixed this problem that someone brought up earlier in the week.

According the Arturia website, they dont have NKS compatibility for the B3 v2 or the new synths in V7 yet. Ill probably do the 64 bit updates and get the new B3 v2 once I can use it in Komplete Kontrol.

Just as a reminder, V6 owners get all the updates for free, including B3 V2 and Analog Lab 4, so don't forget to run your Arturia Software Center and to allocate a good hour for all of the updates to be run manually one at a time.

Major improvements to the GUI's in terms of user feedback on knob settings and the like.

• 4 weeks later...