Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Soundfonts on OSX

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I have had very good luck with SF files within Logic, but editing them at the root level seems almost like make-work. Between editing within the EXS24 a bit and tweezing the effects chain, the results have been pretty stout. You know your own needs best, of course, but weigh your existing library and other options against going microscopic with SF. My 2¢.

"We're the crash test dummies of the digital age."
            ~ Kara Swisher, "Burn Book"

I was a bit unclear - I want to create my own Soundfont files. Im getting a Dexibell module for traveling and I need to get a few custom samples into it. If you havent tried them, do so..! I dont think Ive ever heard such playable sounds in hardware before..!

Right, this feature on the Dexibel table top module caught my eye too.

Although there are so many SF2 libraries floating around you might find what you need made already. Id like to dabble in making my own as well. Maybe Sven has some experience with what works for him?

Yamaha CP88, Casio PX-560

Although there are so many SF2 libraries floating around you might find what you need made already.

I wish I did, its a gig with mostly Hammond and piano, both grand and upright, and a couple of samples Ive made myself, a few reverse pianos and effects. At the beginning of the project I used an RD-64, an SK-1 and a MPX8 for the samples. Now Ive upgraded to a Forte and a Viscount Legend Live. The problem is that were getting gigs that require flying, I cant/wont fly with the Forte and there arent any available around here. So if I could get my samples into a Vivo module, I could fly with only that and specify any stage piano and organ as backline...

I don't use SoundFont at all, but I noticed the specific wording and thought it relevant to ask the question. ;)

However, my Google-Fu is, as always, on point, so here's a nice article from our esteemed hosts and the inimitable Craig Anderton on the subject, including a quick tutorial. ;):2thu:

Sven, the force of Google is strong in you. Thanks a million!!!