Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

OT: Whimsical Wednesday Trivia

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, Black Friday has a kangaroo reference set in Muswellbrook, NSW. No direct mention of boomerangs though.

The reference to Muswellbrook has always puzzled me. Stayed there for a night last year, now all you will find is a huge open cut coal mine.

A misguided plumber attempting to entertain | MainStage 3 | Axiom 61 2nd Gen | Pianoteq | B5 | XK3c | EV ZLX 12P

Trivia question based on song lyrics.

Send it off in a letter to yourself?

Rikki don't loose that number.

A misguided plumber attempting to entertain | MainStage 3 | Axiom 61 2nd Gen | Pianoteq | B5 | XK3c | EV ZLX 12P

Well, Black Friday has a kangaroo reference set in Muswellbrook, NSW. No direct mention of boomerangs though.

The reference to Muswellbrook has always puzzled me. Stayed there for a night last year, now all you will find is a huge open cut coal mine.

A few paragraphs from The Steely Dan Interview: Donald Fagen

written on April 8, 2007 and archived in 2004-2012 category

By Paul Cashmere

Undercover.com.au

For 2007, Becker and Fagen have decided to take Steely Dan back on the road and for the first time ever, tour the planet.

This means Australia is about to get its very first taste of Steely Dan on home ground.

In a lead-up to the announcement of the tour, Donald Fagen spoke with Undercover founder Paul Cashmere.

Paul Cashmere: This is the first time to Australia for Steely Dan. I should start by localizing the interview and talk about a town called Muswellbrook which is mentioned in your song Black Friday. That was recorded some 30 years ago and on this tour you will be playing right there in the Hunter Valley. Black Friday was about the end of the world.

Donald Fagen: I think we had a map and put our finger down at the place that we thought would be the furthest away from New York or wherever we were at the time. That was it.

PC: And hence Muswellbrook made the lyrics of a famous American song. Its great to see Steely Dan touring in the 21st Century. This really is a true world tour you are about to embark on. Its the US, Europe, Asia and Australia.

DF: Yeah, weve done Europe before but we have never been to Australia.

Here for the gear.

I'm guessing "Peg".

Peg

It will come back to you

Peg

It will come back to you

Then the shutter falls

You see it all in 3-D

It's your favorite foreign movie

Don

"Yes, on occasion I do talk to myself, sometimes I need an expert's opinion."

Alesis DG8, ARP(Korg)Odyssey Mk.1, Roland JU-06 & Keystation61. Stratocaster if I get tired of sitting.

I'm guessing "Peg".

Winner-Circle.png

Thank you.

And to think, I was practicing this song just last week. Perhaps that was why it came to mind. :idea:

Don

"Yes, on occasion I do talk to myself, sometimes I need an expert's opinion."

Alesis DG8, ARP(Korg)Odyssey Mk.1, Roland JU-06 & Keystation61. Stratocaster if I get tired of sitting.

My daughter: "Who is that band on the radio?"

Me: "They're called Steely Dan."

Her: "Where did that name come from?"

Me: "Its the name of a sex toy in a book about drugs."

Her: "Really?"

Me: "Yes."

Its called parenting, people.

~ Andy Richter :rolleyes::D

"I want to be an intellectual, but I don't have the brainpower.
  The absent-mindedness, I've got that licked."
        ~ John Cleese

A few paragraphs from The Steely Dan Interview: Donald Fagen

written on April 8, 2007 and archived in 2004-2012 category

By Paul Cashmere

Undercover.com.au

For 2007, Becker and Fagen have decided to take Steely Dan back on the road and for the first time ever, tour the planet.

This means Australia is about to get its very first taste of Steely Dan on home ground.

In a lead-up to the announcement of the tour, Donald Fagen spoke with Undercover founder Paul Cashmere.

Paul Cashmere: This is the first time to Australia for Steely Dan. I should start by localizing the interview and talk about a town called Muswellbrook which is mentioned in your song Black Friday. That was recorded some 30 years ago and on this tour you will be playing right there in the Hunter Valley. Black Friday was about the end of the world.

Donald Fagen: I think we had a map and put our finger down at the place that we thought would be the furthest away from New York or wherever we were at the time. That was it.

PC: And hence Muswellbrook made the lyrics of a famous American song. Its great to see Steely Dan touring in the 21st Century. This really is a true world tour you are about to embark on. Its the US, Europe, Asia and Australia.

DF: Yeah, weve done Europe before but we have never been to Australia.

Thanks for the info. I went along to see their second tour in 2011 with Steve Winwood. Excellent show.

And congrats to Desert Rat. Of the curated Aussie beers in your prize in the absence of any of the only Australian owned brewer's beers, Coopers, in your prize, I recommend the Crown Lager and VB. These and rest are now owned by Inbev. Having said that now Stella is widely available on tap here that is now my current fav.

Of the curated Aussie beers in your prize in the absence of any of the only Australian owned brewer's beers, Coopers, in your prize, I recommend the Crown Lager and VB.

Do they taste good with a roo burger?

When an eel hits your eye like a big pizza pie, that's a Moray.

Never had a 'roo burger. Kangaroo meat is extremely lean and about the same price per kilo as rump or T bone steak. IMO best served seared rare on a bed of roasted beetroot.