Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

3 Tier Keyboard Stand recommendations?

Greeetings Folks

Looking to start gigging with my Kawai MP11 on the bottom, Korg Kronos 2 88 in the middle and Hammond XK-1c on top

Need a 3 tier stand, currently have a Quiklok Z71 with 2nd tier attachment, Shame they dont make a 3rd tier model! Love the stand as its solid and doesnt wobble

Please dont suggest Gibraltar as I just cant afford it :(

Any pics of your 3 tier stand keyboard rigs for ideas would be helpful

I am tall at 6 foot 3 and I stand when I play

Korg Kronos 2 88 Gold Edition

Yamaha Montage 8 White Edition

Crumar Mojo Suitcase

2 x Roland Fantom X8

Roland Fantom X7

2 x Roland Fantom XR’s

Yamaha Motif ES7

Kawai MP11SE

Korg TR Rack

Korg SG Rack

Quiklok, Gibraltar & K&M Stands

Kali Audio LP-8 Monitors

Soundcraft EFX12 Mixer

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Standtastic

Some people are huge fans of these stands. They have pros and cons. For 2-tier, there are other choices that I prefer, but for 3 tier, I don't think you'll find a better solution.

Pros: Lots of adjustability, stable/sturdy, plenty of pedal space, looks pretty good, tiers can be adjusted pretty close to one another if desired.

Cons: Takes a while to get set just right the first time, can lose toggle nuts and rubber end caps, studs can scratch hands during setup/teardown, fairly large stage footprint, in my case, the carrying bag didn't last long.

Dan

Acoustic/Electric stringed instruments ranging from 4 to 230 strings, hammered, picked, fingered, slapped, and plucked. Analog and Digital Electronic instruments, reeds, and throat/mouth.

After reading up on a lot of the 3 tier stands the last few months, Ive ordered this from Thomann in Germany with the extra 3rd tier attachment, if I dont like it, Ill send it back but I have a feeling itll be awesome, ordered it in white..

Its the K&M 18810 stand and 18811 2nd tier attachment, plus the 18821 3rd tier, which unfortunately is only manufactured in the colour black :(

12546661_800.jpg

Crumar Mojo Suitcase

2 x Roland Fantom X8

Roland Fantom X7

2 x Roland Fantom XR’s

Yamaha Motif ES7

Kawai MP11SE

Korg TR Rack

Korg SG Rack

Kali Audio LP-8 Monitors

Soundcraft EFX12 Mixer

Heres my current Quiklok 2 tier stand for gigging, and I also own a 3 tier Standtastic 103KSB, but its a bit too large a stage footprint and fiddly to setup in a rush, I use this stand at home for my studio, Im also lucky enough to have also bought the Ultimate AX90 in White, used a few times and in great condition

Z_72TI-997a453b29c6b25e222319576fbeea83.JPG

http://static.keymusic.com/products/109797/XL/ultimate-ax90-apex-column-keyboard-stand-white.jpg

Crumar Mojo Suitcase

2 x Roland Fantom X8

Roland Fantom X7

2 x Roland Fantom XR’s

Yamaha Motif ES7

Kawai MP11SE

Korg TR Rack

Korg SG Rack

Kali Audio LP-8 Monitors

Soundcraft EFX12 Mixer

My 3 tier Standtastic is sturdy but as you can see, a monster lol

Standtastic Image

Crumar Mojo Suitcase

2 x Roland Fantom X8

Roland Fantom X7

2 x Roland Fantom XR’s

Yamaha Motif ES7

Kawai MP11SE

Korg TR Rack

Korg SG Rack

Kali Audio LP-8 Monitors

Soundcraft EFX12 Mixer

Standtastic

Some people are huge fans of these stands. They have pros and cons. For 2-tier, there are other choices that I prefer, but for 3 tier, I don't think you'll find a better solution.

Pros: Lots of adjustability, stable/sturdy, plenty of pedal space, looks pretty good, tiers can be adjusted pretty close to one another if desired.

Cons: Takes a while to get set just right the first time, can lose toggle nuts and rubber end caps, studs can scratch hands during setup/teardown, fairly large stage footprint, in my case, the carrying bag didn't last long.

Sorry, there's just no way I'd put a $3,800, 53 lb. keyboard on that middle tier, or a 75 lb. keyboard on the bottom - supported as they are only at the back end. The fact that the Kawai might briefly break Korg's fall on the way down is of little comfort.

But that's just me.

Yamaha P515 & CK88, Pianoteq, Mainstage, iOS, assorted other stuff.

Standtastic is a very stable stand. The arms are very robust. Definitely my fave three-tier option.

However since I've started hauling the PA for my little bar-band, I've gone back to just two boards on my trusty Invisible Stand. It's kind of a pain carrying all those pieces, but it sure is rock solid when assembled; and real fast setup. Wish they still made 'em.

I use a Standtastic. Yes, it has a bit of a large footprint, but when loaded with three boards, it's not going anywhere.

Hardware

Yamaha MODX7, DX7, PSR-530, SY77/Korg TR-Rack, 01/W Pro X, Trinity Pro X, Karma/Ensoniq ESQ-1, VFX-SD

Behringer DeepMind12, Model D, Odyssey, 2600/Roland RD-1000/Arturia Keylab MKII 61

Software

Studio One/V Collection 9/Korg Collection 4/Cherry Audio/UVI SonicPass/EW Composer Cloud/Omnisphere, Stylus RMX, Trilian/IK Total Studio 3.5 MAX/Roland Cloud

Sorry, there's just no way I'd put a $3,800, 53 lb. keyboard on that middle tier, or a 75 lb. keyboard on the bottom - supported as they are only at the back end. The fact that the Kawai might briefly break Korg's fall on the way down is of little comfort.

But that's just me.

Of the shortcomings of the Standtastic, that is not one of them. It is very robust. I don't know what the weight capacity is, but I could pretty much stand on one of the tiers and not worry about it breaking.

Dan

Acoustic/Electric stringed instruments ranging from 4 to 230 strings, hammered, picked, fingered, slapped, and plucked. Analog and Digital Electronic instruments, reeds, and throat/mouth.

But that's just me.

Bobby, The Standtastic is more than capable.

Lots of pros use them.

Here's one example. Paul Mirkovich, currently of The Voice. Also P!nk, Cher, etc...

His setup for years on the road and on the show RockstarINXS

Roland Fantom X8 65lbs

Roland VK8 32lbs

Roland V-Synth 29lbs

David

Gig Rig:Casio Privia PX-5S | Yamaha MODX+ 6 | MacBook Pro 14" M1| Mainstage

Standtastics work fine. Just watch your fingers and it will be good. They can be a little finicky at first.

"It doesn't have to be difficult to be cool" - Mitch Towne

"A great musician can bring tears to your eyes!!!

So can a auto Mechanic." - Stokes Hunt

Dave sez:

Bobby, The Standtastic is more than capable.

Lots of pros use them.

Oh yeah? Well, it's butt-ugly, too! :cool:

OK, OK, I stand corrected. Not my thing, though.

Yamaha P515 & CK88, Pianoteq, Mainstage, iOS, assorted other stuff.

anyone ever use a K&M spider with 3 tiers ??

I use a Baby Spider with 3 tiers:

top tier

Kronos 61

middle tier

Prophet Rev2

bottom tier

"pedalboard shelf" that holds an Integra, Key Largo, Mio4, a UPS, and all cords.

Just got a Forte 7, which will go on tier 3, so I ordered one more set of arms to push the bottom tier lower for the shelf. Crazy I know, we'll see how that works out..

My Standtastic is durable, but it's in storage holding my spare keyboard and mixer, ready for band practice. Too big of a footprint for me for live.

Greeetings Folks

Looking to start gigging with my Kawai MP11 on the bottom, Korg Kronos 2 88 in the middle and Hammond XK-1c on top

Need a 3 tier stand, currently have a Quiklok Z71 with 2nd tier attachment, Shame they dont make a 3rd tier model! Love the stand as its solid and doesnt wobble

Please dont suggest Gibraltar as I just cant afford it :(

Any pics of your 3 tier stand keyboard rigs for ideas would be helpful

I am tall at 6 foot 3 and I stand when I play

Since you're pretty tall, I'd suggest a regular K&M Spider Pro instead of the Baby Spider like I have here.

Quick setup with the pedalboard pre-wired, and small footprint on stage yet still room for pedals.

But that can get expensive quick at $100 a pop just for each extra tier arm, and over $300 just for the 2 tier stand itself.

IZScw3K.jpg

Another solution might be to rig your own 3 tier out of a 2-tier Z-stand.

I bought a $30 On-Stage tier extension for an X-stand, but attached it to the $135 2-tier Z-stand.

Also fairly quick setup and room for pedals,

but slightly more of a pain to collapse and throw on top of gear in truck.

Seen here on the left holding the Privia and Moog One:

aCdanLj.jpg