Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Spectrasonics Questions

Just wondering something. I own Omnisphere 1 and have yet to upgrade to V2 and I also own Trilian. I would love to upgrade to Omni 2 and add KeyScape as well as Stylus RMX. Eric is a genius and I love his stuff. Just wondering if these products ever go on sale. The only time I recall any deals is whenever they come out with an upgrade (i.e, I seem to remember a discount for Omni 1 users when Omni 2 came out). Keyscape was not an upgrade but a brand new product. Not trying to be a cheapscape here but these products are pricey and I want them all! lol

As a product owner I'm on their mailing list and get announcements but was wondering if any outlets ever offer sales or discounts on them. Thanks in advance and db you may ditch this if it violates anything.

Hardware:
Yamaha
: MODX7 | Korg: Kronos 88, Wavestate | ASM: Hydrasynth Deluxe | Roland: Jupiter-Xm, Cloud Pro, TD-9K V-Drums | Alesis: StrikePad Pro|
Behringer: Crave, Poly D, XR-18, RX1602 | CPS: SpaceStation SSv2 | 
Controllers: ROLI RISE 49 | Arturia KeyLab Essentials 88, KeyLab 61, MiniLab | M-Audio KeyStation 88 & 49 | Akai EWI USB |
Novation LaunchPad Mini, |
Guitars & Such: Line 6 Variax, Helix LT, POD X3 Live, Martin Acoustic, DG Strat Copy, LP Sunburst Copy, Natural Tele Copy|
Squier Precision 5-String Bass | Mandolin | Banjo | Ukulele

Software:
Recording
: MacBook Pro | Mac Mini | Logic Pro X | Mainstage | Cubase Pro 12 | Ableton Live 11 | Monitors: M-Audio BX8 | Presonus Eris 3.5BT Monitors | Slate Digital VSX Headphones & ML-1 Mic | Behringer XR-18 & RX1602 Mixers | Beyerdynamics DT-770 & DT-240
Arturia: V-Collection 9 | Native Instruments: Komplete 1 Standard | Spectrasonics: Omnisphere 2, Keyscape, Trilian | Korg: Legacy Collection 4 | Roland: Cloud Pro | GForce: Most all of their plugins | u-he: Diva, Hive 2, Repro, Zebra Legacy | AAS: Most of their VSTs |
IK Multimedia: SampleTank 4 Max, Sonik Synth, MODO Drums & Bass | Cherry Audio: Most of their VSTs |

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Buy it from Sweetwater with 3 payments instead of paying all at once.

Using:

Yamaha: Montage M8x| Spectrasonics: Omnisphere, Keyscape | uhe: Diva, Hive2, Zebra2| Roland: Cloud Pro | Arturia: V Collection

NI: Komplete 14 | VPS: Avenger | Cherry: GX80 | G-Force: OB-E | Korg: Triton, MS-20

Sold/Traded:

Yamaha: Motif XS8, Motif ES8, Motif8, KX-88, TX7 | ASM: Hydrasynth Deluxe| Roland: RD-2000, D50, MKS-20| Korg: Kronos 88, T3, MS-20

Oberheim: OB8, OBXa, Modular 8 Voice | Rhodes: Dyno-My-Piano| Crumar: T2

I hadn't considered the 3 payment option. Do you have to have a Sweetwater card to do this? If so that could be my downfall. I know a keyboard player who has a Sweetwater card as well as a Musician's Friend card and he just filed for bankruptcy. lol

I know, that speaks more to his being responsible than it does to the convenience factor. And 20% off at MF sounds good too. That would put it at around a little over 3 bills. Good ideas guys. Thanks for the enabling suggestions. My wife thanks you too. Not! lol

Hardware:
Yamaha
: MODX7 | Korg: Kronos 88, Wavestate | ASM: Hydrasynth Deluxe | Roland: Jupiter-Xm, Cloud Pro, TD-9K V-Drums | Alesis: StrikePad Pro|
Controllers: ROLI RISE 49 | Arturia KeyLab Essentials 88, KeyLab 61, MiniLab | M-Audio KeyStation 88 & 49 | Akai EWI USB |
Guitars & Such: Line 6 Variax, Helix LT, POD X3 Live, Martin Acoustic, DG Strat Copy, LP Sunburst Copy, Natural Tele Copy|

Software:
Recording
: MacBook Pro | Mac Mini | Logic Pro X | Mainstage | Cubase Pro 12 | Ableton Live 11 | Monitors: M-Audio BX8 | Presonus Eris 3.5BT Monitors | Slate Digital VSX Headphones & ML-1 Mic | Behringer XR-18 & RX1602 Mixers | Beyerdynamics DT-770 & DT-240
Arturia: V-Collection 9 | Native Instruments: Komplete 1 Standard | Spectrasonics: Omnisphere 2, Keyscape, Trilian | Korg: Legacy Collection 4 | Roland: Cloud Pro | GForce: Most all of their plugins | u-he: Diva, Hive 2, Repro, Zebra Legacy | AAS: Most of their VSTs |
IK Multimedia: SampleTank 4 Max, Sonik Synth, MODO Drums & Bass | Cherry Audio: Most of their VSTs |

I don't believe you need a card for the 3 payment option. I have a Sweetwater card but I have never paid ANY interest on it. I have never maxed it out and usually only purchase things when they have a long zero interest sale. I also always pay it off before Christmas of every year. So far its been going to plan which is why I don't own a keyboard over $1800! I hate paying interest, which I why I no longer have any major credit cards. I was swamped in credit cards when I retired from the military. I have since made it my mission to be totally debt free by the time I'm eligible for social security.

Boards: Kurzweil SP-6, Roland FA-08, VR-09, DeepMind 12

Modules: Korg Radias, Roland D-05, Bk7-m & Sonic Cell

Omnisphere is usually available in Guitar Center promotions, if you're willing to wait. I think the best I've seen is usually about $40 off.

If I were in your shoes, I'd try and hang out until the Dads/Grads promotion that they usually do.

Alternatively, once in awhile someone is willing to sell/transfer their license for a discount. Tough to find though.

MainStage; Hammond SK1-73; Roland XP-80, JV-90, JV-1080, JV-1010, AX-1; Korg microSAMPLER;

Boss DR-880; Beat Buddy; Neo Instruments Ventilator; TC Electronic ND-1 Nova Delay

@Toano88: (this is OT to the thread)

I tried going totally debt free and credit free a good while ago. Made it for several years. Then wanted a new car - and found I had no "recent credit history" (duh).

Now, I charge a lot of stuff, mostly to one MC account, but using each of them at least once or twice a year. The keys is that I immediately (before the end of the monthly billing) pay off completely. This way, no interest and I still have the credit history if it is ever needed.

The amount of interest on a bank saving account is so low now that, when I bought my late car (3 years old), instead of borrowing the $16K from anyone else, I borrowed it from my saving account. Then started paying $300 a month to my saving account, just like if I was paying off the car to someone else. It is now fully reimbursed, and I'm keeping up the habit of $300 a month.

Trouble with credit for most is that they find they can spend it faster than they ever make it. Either credit rules a person, or the person rules credit.

Howard Grand|Hamm SK1-73|Kurz PC2|PC2X|PC3|PC3X|PC361; QSC K10's

HP DAW|Epi Les Paul & LP 5-str bass|iPad mini2

"Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen."

Jim

Also, another alternative: Zzounds. They have the 4, 6, 8, or 12 payments, no interest, use whatever card you want.

I see Omnisphere and Keyscape. Keep in mind, these won't be downloads. It will be on the drives that Spectrasonics make

David

Gig Rig:Casio Privia PX-5S | Yamaha MODX+ 6 | MacBook Pro 14" M1| Mainstage

@Toano88: (this is OT to the thread)

I tried going totally debt free and credit free a good while ago. Made it for several years. Then wanted a new car - and found I had no "recent credit history" (duh).

Now, I charge a lot of stuff, mostly to one MC account, but using each of them at least once or twice a year. The keys is that I immediately (before the end of the monthly billing) pay off completely. This way, no interest and I still have the credit history if it is ever needed.

The amount of interest on a bank saving account is so low now that, when I bought my late car (3 years old), instead of borrowing the $16K from anyone else, I borrowed it from my saving account. Then started paying $300 a month to my saving account, just like if I was paying off the car to someone else. It is now fully reimbursed, and I'm keeping up the habit of $300 a month.

Trouble with credit for most is that they find they can spend it faster than they ever make it. Either credit rules a person, or the person rules credit.

The problem with credit cards is they never ever seem to get paid off. There is always a reason that seems rational to keep using it. One way around the no credit history is if after you paid off and cut up the card, leave the account open but with a zero balance. Doing that actually increases your credit score. The ratio of available credit vs credit balances is a major factor. Having a credit that you only use to pay your mortgage for instance never has a balance more than a single mortgage payment but earns you mileage points. Since you pay it every month, no interest gets accrued. I have friends that take vacations using their accumulated air miles this way. Obviously most people can't buy a car or house with cash so there is always 'some' debt. It's the kind of debt and how you use it that's the issue. Sorry for straying OT. I really like Omnisphere 2, one day I may get Keyscape.

Boards: Kurzweil SP-6, Roland FA-08, VR-09, DeepMind 12

Modules: Korg Radias, Roland D-05, Bk7-m & Sonic Cell

JRR Shop sells Spectrasonics products at 10% off (11% if you use the promo code "FORUM"). The offer only appears when you put the item in your cart.

It's not as good as a sale price, but it beats normal price if you want to buy now.

Best,

Geoff

Uncle Eric has always been the man. My first 2000 dollar Scope Card was put into an accounts receivable, just like old mom and pop shops.

Magnus C350 + FMR RNP + Realistic Unisphere Mic

On the credit aspect, use a rewards card monthly but pay it off each month. You get the credit score and rewards plus you dont have to deal with cash and change. No sense in cutting the cards up either way. Using savings as credit requires consideration. That available nest egg is valuable in many ways including peace of mind while a 0 interest loan is using someone elses money at no cost to you.

At least I've got some options now! Thanks all!

Did I tell you you're all bad influences? lol

Made the mistake of watching a Hans Zimmer Masterclass last night and now I want Dark Zebra and Zebra2 as well. Dammitall!

Hardware:
Yamaha

Software:
Recording

Wow the keyscape Rhodes are outstanding! Not sure why they put that super wide tremelo effect on so many of the top presets but its easy enough to change.

Im looking forward to trying the acoustic piano on a gig tomorrow but its going to be hard to stay off of the Rhodes patches.

The Wing upright is really cool too. Also the clavs and Roland eps are very nice.

Great collection!

You're NOT helping matters. lol

Actually, I'm looking at SW and can do the upgrade to Omni 2.6 AND Keyscape for about a Benjamin a month for 6 months. The Seaboard 49 will be paid for next month, I may do that.

Hardware:
Yamaha

Software:
Recording

You're NOT helping matters. lol

Actually, I'm looking at SW and can do the upgrade to Omni 2.6 AND Keyscape for about a Benjamin a month for 6 months. The Seaboard 49 will be paid for next month, I may do that.

You influenced me first!

Just to close this thread up, I went ahead and got the Omnisphere 2 upgrade AND Keyscape. They'll be here Friday.

You kind folks may not see me for awhile me thinks ...

Hardware:
Yamaha

Software:
Recording