Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Cody Fry (feat. Cory Wong & Dynamo)

They're not necessarily new videos, but I haven't seen them posted here, despite svengling. Been spinning them a lot recently, thought it merited its own thread.

Couple of great tunes featuring Cory Wong (Vulfpeck) and Dynamo backing.They're called live videos, but it's obviously not a one-take thing. Anyway, some great playing and arranging, and creative videography.

[video:youtube]

Some great SY77 pan flute action on this one:

[video:youtube]

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You and I seem to have a lot of overlap in our taste and listening habits, but for me these both come straight from the planet Trying Too Hard. Great playing, of course. Second one seems "inspired" by The Who's "Eminence Front."

BUT...thanks for posting. One man's by-the-numbers hipster caucasa-viral-funk is another's straight up jam.

Now out! "Mind the Gap," a 24-song album of new material.
www.joshweinstein.com

Obviously a lot of us like and appreciate funk and its derivatives. Im digging the resurgence of those grooves in college music. Its a very big scene - Cory and Vulfpeck are a big part of that and Dynamo is an awesome band, outdoing themselves as a backing group. But I agree with MOI. This project is a bit contrived - comes off a bit like a Berklee assignment which completely deserves an A+. Regardless, I liked it, thanks for sharing.

Yamaha CP88, Casio PX-560