Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

USB Powered LCD Monitors

Just got a small monitor for stage, works great, but I wanted to use my Triad Orbit boom and Adapter to have Monitor and touchpad on my Physis K4.

Bought a pair if 15ft male to female active extenders, as the small cable that comes with the AOC e1659Fwu is too short.

Extenders are good quality and they make the display blink like REMs during sleep.

I cant even find a similar looking cable, surely theres something 15foot I can buy.

Thanks for ant help.

Magnus C350 + FMR RNP + Realistic Unisphere Mic

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

There are different USB power specifications ranging from 500mA to 3A. Perhaps the active repeater doesn't supply enough current. Did you try just a regular passive cable?

Clonk

Dan

Acoustic/Electric stringed instruments ranging from 4 to 230 strings, hammered, picked, fingered, slapped, and plucked. Analog and Digital Electronic instruments, reeds, and throat/mouth.

Thanks for re-lying, I know you on top of electrical stuff.

No Im going to try that though.

I assumed because of the brick and the distance an active extender was needed.

All of this is Greek to me.

I've run those distances with standard cables with no problem (though I try to buy the higher quality cables - not the cheapos).

Dan

Acoustic/Electric stringed instruments ranging from 4 to 230 strings, hammered, picked, fingered, slapped, and plucked. Analog and Digital Electronic instruments, reeds, and throat/mouth.

Indeed, I always get Cables Matter Premium.

Even if I buy the wrong adapters and Cables its funny how eventually you remember having the wrong one and you suddenly need it.

Ill let you know what happens. Worse case scenario it sits on my rack, only needed for loading up apps and occasional manual override of an automated mix.

Cheers

Learning about USB Power the hard way.

I was using the 2 front side Ports on my 1U server and they were on the same Bus in Device Manager. So using another Bus (pair) in the back of the unit took care of that, the extender works, and the passive extension.

Also just using the monitor and a wireless mouse reciever in the front 2 USB Ports made the monitor go to sleep requiring I pull out the cable and plug it back in.

Again, taking the 3rd Bus (pair) in the back and even sharing that Bus fixed that.

It seems when USB Power is being used it hits the entire Bus and doesnt like sgharing bandwidth.

Thanks for holding my hand Doc, much appreciated...